• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trailer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
The fangs mean absolutely nothing, Umbreon had them as well.
If Umbreon is the only one to have them before Sylveon, then how could they mean absolutely nothing? Dark types fight dirty. Crunch and Bite prove that using fangs is cheap. The Eeveelutions of Fire, Electric, Water, Ice, Grass, and Psychic didn't incorporate fangs because they were unnecessary to the overall design. My personal opinion is that Sylveon's fangs are the one subtle addition to hint at its type. Dragons' teeth in mythology have shown to be prominent and I don't think GF decided to just throw them on Sylveon for no reason.

R_N

If Umbreon is the only one to have them before Sylveon, then how could they mean absolutely nothing? Dark types fight dirty. Crunch and Bite prove that using fangs is cheap.

Umbreon doesn't even naturally learn any fang move (Bite has to be learned as an Eevee). Vaporeon, Flareon & Glaceon get it naturally for some reason, however.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Umbreon doesn't even naturally learn any fang move (Bite has to be learned as an Eevee). Vaporeon, Flareon & Glaceon get it naturally for some reason, however.

I just meant that the fangs are representative of the type. The only other type that I think fangs could represent (that is, if they represent anything, which I clearly believe) is the Dragon type.

If Umbreon is the only one to have them before Sylveon, then how could they mean absolutely nothing? Dark types fight dirty. Crunch and Bite prove that using fangs is cheap. The Eeveelutions of Fire, Electric, Water, Ice, Grass, and Psychic didn't incorporate fangs because they were unnecessary to the overall design. My personal opinion is that Sylveon's fangs are the one subtle addition to hint at its type. Dragons' teeth in mythology have shown to be prominent and I don't think GF decided to just throw them on Sylveon for no reason.

Still though, one would think that if they were going to make a dragon type evolution for evee, they would make some effort to make it it look...dragon like? No scales, no bony tail, no horns, no nothing. The thing is pink. With ribbons. And a bow. Nothing about it screams dragon, lol.

Elnava

The Successor!
Yeah that doesn't even... anyway, flying seems to be the most logical option with Normal close behind. I thought it was normal before I saw the chart.

Yeah that doesn't even... anyway, flying seems to be the most logical option with Normal close behind. I thought it was normal before I saw the chart.

That chart doesn't mean anything though, it just shows the eeveelutions in order of the generations they were introduced, nothing about it says that the type match-ups mean anything at all.

Elnava

The Successor!
That chart doesn't mean anything though, it just shows the eeveelutions in order of the generations they were introduced, nothing about it says that the type match-ups mean anything at all.

Why would it deliberately be put into match ups if that's all the chart was supposed to be? Why wouldn't they just have Glaceon across from Vaporeon, Flareon across from Sylveon, and Jolteon across from Leafeon? It's arranged by matchup

Why would it deliberately be put into match ups if that's all the chart was supposed to be? Why wouldn't they just have Glaceon across from Vaporeon, Flareon across from Sylveon, and Jolteon across from Leafeon? It's arranged by matchup

You use the word deliberately incorrectly, you can't possibly know if they deliberately put them with type match-ups in mind, it's probably just a coincidence.

Elnava

The Successor!
Could it not be a coincidence that they were placed into matchups but just happened to be arranged by gen? Could it not be both?

Elnava

The Successor!
Yes of course, but that doesn't support your argument.

It actually does, mate. Considering that the chart could easily be arranged by both gen and matchup, it would be logical to presume that Sylveon is Flying based upon the chart.

It actually does, mate. Considering that the chart could easily be arranged by both gen and matchup, it would be logical to presume that Sylveon is Flying based upon the chart.

No, it wouldn't. As said previously, based on that logic it might as well be Ground-type. And the chart doesn't really have a true pattern at all.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'm getting tired of the "It doesn't scream [whatever] type so it's not [whatever] type" argument.
It doesn't clearly represent any one type.
If it did, we would know.
Also, if the chart made it so obvious what type Sylveon is then why wouldn't they just release the type with it?
The chart shows nothing more than Eevee and it's evolutions by generation.

I'm gonna go on record saying that I think it could very well be a Flying type. That was my initial thought. I also think and will never dispute that it COULD be ANY of the remaining types. I just personally believe the Dragon type speculation holds the most evidence and that forcing a pattern is pointless because there are other coincidental patterns in other things to disprove theories.

Elnava

The Successor!
The chart's pattern is obvious. Ground? You can't be serious. Look at it for 2 seconds

The thought that Sylveon could be ANY type doesn't make any sense to me. Look at it. Ghost? lol. Steel? What? Dragon? Definitely not. Ground? lolololol

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
The chart's pattern is obvious. Ground? You can't be serious. Look at it for 2 seconds

The thought that Sylveon could be ANY type doesn't make any sense to me. Look at it. Ghost? lol. Steel? What? Dragon? Definitely not. Ground? lolololol

Altaria says hello. Does it look Dragon to you? Sylveon may be Dragon to round-off the Special Eeveeloutions.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
You use the word deliberately incorrectly, you can't possibly know if they deliberately put them with type match-ups in mind, it's probably just a coincidence.
The top three are gen 1, the middle two are gen two, the bottom two are gen 4, And the very bottom is slyveon. It is all a coincidence and people are just depserate to put 2 and 2 together to equal five now.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Actually Zekrom was presumed to be Dark/Dragon before its release of its official typing because of its color. I mean this is Gamefreak, they could have made Gyrados Fire if they wanted to.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Actually Zekrom was presumed to be Dark/Dragon before its release of its official typing because of its color. I mean this is Gamefreak, they could have made Gyrados Fire if they wanted to.

It even learns Flamethrower and Fire Blast, I believe. Rare for a non-Dragon Water-type.

Anyway, anyone thinking that Tree may have been a Gym? Even though it must be natural, as it has ropes, nets and foot placings!

The Head Honchkrow

I don't think Sneasel Lover was saying that Sylveon could be Ground-type.
No, he/she was saying that, given the logic behind the "pattern", Sylveon could theoretically be Ground and the pattern would still stand, since Ground is SE against Electric.

For the record, I think Sylveon will be Flying-type and if that does turn out to be the case, I don't think that the chart would've been alluding to it whatsoever.

The Head Honchkrow~

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

Golurk, Jirachi, Altaria, Gligar. A Ghost, Steel, Dragon, and Ground type that doesn't look exclusively its type. I don't know why you think every Pokemon has to look exactly its type. Most cases, sure. But every type has at least a few Pokemon that don't look like it would be that type.

Sylveon could be Ground type because the only criteria for a Ground type is that it lives on or underground. You don't know its habitat, therefore you don't know that it isn't Ground.

Sylveon could be Ghost type because we have nothing stating that it is a tangible being. You don't know its physical being, therefore you don't know that it isn't Ghost.

Sylveon could be Dragon type because we have no proof that it is furry and not scaly or rough skinned. You don't know its skin, therefore you don't know that it isn't Dragon.

Sylveon could be Steel type because the only criteria for a Steel type is that its being is composed somewhat of steel. You don't know of its skeletal material, therefore you don't know it isn't Steel.

You are making yourself look narrow minded by basing your entire theory on one poster that is more likely coincidentally favorable to your argument than not. It also doesn't help that you are shutting out ideas that aren't your own because you claim that all Pokemon represent their specific type to the highest degree. Sylveon could be any type because we don't know anything about it. I cannot stress that enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.