• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trailer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RzK

Meow
Still though, one would think that if they were going to make a dragon type evolution for evee, they would make some effort to make it it look...dragon like? No scales, no bony tail, no horns, no nothing. The thing is pink. With ribbons. And a bow. Nothing about it screams dragon, lol.
Nothing about Altaria and Kingdra screams Dragon imho. Altaria looks like a Normal/Flying type. Not even remotely Dragon to me, at least to me with those clouds and all. For all we know, Sylveon could be anything. Well, almost...

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Nothing about Altaria and Kingdra screams Dragon imho. Altaria looks like a Normal/Flying type. Not even remotely Dragon to me, at least to me with those clouds and all. For all we know, Sylveon could be anything. Well, almost...

I think it could be anything. Rock, Ground, Bug, Steel, Dragon, Normal, Flying, Fighting, Ghost, and Poison all are as likely as one another as we know nothing of it's physical being. Certain evidence can point in ways of certain types but anything is possible. All they have to do is say "It's skeleton is made of stone" and give it a Rock typing. They have complete creative discretion and I'm not ruling anything out.

PokemonTrainerKaden

The difference is though, that they have more features that could make them look dragon. Altaria with the wings, Kingdra with it's scales and suck. Sylveon looks more like a Ghost type than anything in my opinion. With those possessive eyes, the kind of "evil" pink coloring, and the ribbons that could be considered mummy wrappings, I can totally see Ghost.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
The difference is though, that they have more features that could make them look dragon. Altaria with the wings, Kingdra with it's scales and suck. Sylveon looks more like a Ghost type than anything in my opinion. With those possessive eyes, the kind of "evil" pink coloring, and the ribbons that could be considered mummy wrappings, I can totally see Ghost.

Evil pink coloring? What do you mean?

adamfitz

poké-lover

I believe altaria is based off of a dragon like mythological creature
And kingdra a sea dragon
So they do fit the type of dragon...

______

Does anyone else wonder what that trailer would be like in full 3D
I'd live if we got ones on the eshop available in full 3d
I want this because I don't like when the 3D hurts my eyes so much because I can't focus because I move around and alot figiting in my chair haha but I could allways turn it down or even off....

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Does anyone else wonder what that trailer would be like in full 3D
I'd live if we got ones on the eshop available in full 3d
I want this because I don't like when the 3D hurts my eyes so much because I can't focus because I move around and alot figiting in my chair haha but I could allways turn it down or even off....

I'm glad that I got the 3DS in January, because now the 3D isn't that bad to me anymore. And I don't use full 3D either, kinda halfway.

I remember when Black and White was getting released in Japan, there was a promotional (literal) trailers that had a sort of demo on there (which is how Basculin was revealed iirc). I hope for something like that in the eShop, but nothing too big so I'm not spoiled :D

ringo5701

Lugia fan
Hey guys! This is my first comment. Not long until the " big " news! I am so exited! It is supposed to be a new trailer.

LUGIA FTW

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
I know this has been broken down a few dozen times before, but here's my take.
Sylveon is either Rock, Ground, Bug, Steel, Dragon, Normal, Flying, Fighting, Ghost, or Poison obviously. That takes us to 10 types. The whole point of Eevee is that it evolves from the terrible normal typing to a better type, so no normal. I agree anything earthy/dragon seem unlikely. Nothing that looks like that is going to be draconic in any way. Heck, Vaporeon looks more like a dragon than that thing. So that leaves us with Bug, Flying, Fighting, Ghost, and Poison. Fighting also seems unlikely, though let's not forget Meinshao, which looks awfully similar to this thing. But still unlikely I think. Now we have 4. Bug again seems unlikely, nothing screams Bug to me about it and the color scheme seems strange for a bug. 3 left. Poison seems like it would be more...menacing...I suppose. Not a ribbon-covered kitten. Which leaves us with Flying and Ghost. This is part of the wikipedia (sorry for those who don't trust it) definition of a sylph (as in "sylph"eon- "Sylphs are female and are almost transparent. They're slender and graceful, with large glistening eyes..." Pretty accurate depiction don't you think? Ghost is certainly a plausible option, but my vote goes to flying. Now feel free to hate.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Sylveon is either Rock, Ground, Bug, Steel, Dragon, Normal, Flying, Fighting, Ghost, or Poison obviously. That takes us to 10 types. The whole point of Eevee is that it evolves from the terrible normal typing to a better type, so no normal. I agree anything earthy/dragon seem unlikely. Nothing that looks like that is going to be draconic in any way. Heck, Vaporeon looks more like a dragon than that thing. So that leaves us with Bug, Flying, Fighting, Ghost, and Poison. Fighting also seems unlikely, though let's not forget Meinshao, which looks awfully similar to this thing. But still unlikely I think. Now we have 4. Bug again seems unlikely, nothing screams Bug to me about it and the color scheme seems strange for a bug. 3 left. Poison seems like it would be more...menacing...I suppose. Not a ribbon-covered kitten. Which leaves us with Flying and Ghost. This is part of the wikipedia (sorry for those who don't trust it) definition of a sylph (as in "sylph"eon- "Sylphs are female and are almost transparent. They're slender and graceful, with large glistening eyes..." Pretty accurate depiction don't you think? Ghost is certainly a plausible option, but my vote goes to flying. Now feel free to hate.

Dex Speculation, my friend...

Is the trailer for the 18th a Movie trailer, or a XY trailer? I don't remember...

GenesisHD

X and Y Dev

Sylph (also called sylphid) is a mythological creature in the Western tradition. The term originates in Paracelsus, who describes sylphs as invisible beings of the air, his elementals of air. Indicates it will be flying type.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Is it me but do I see a haunted house in the trailer? The part with the golurk statue.

You mean that gorgeous golden building surrounded by crystal blue waters?
It doesn't even look abandoned or haunted.

TanBun

I'm back :3
The legendary's name are very good. I think it is from Quetzal, and Xerneas a bit from Cervus, the Latin for deer

Regality

Digital King
Does anyone have any clue as to when a new trailer will be released? Or can we just hope to get one in the coming months?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Does anyone have any clue as to when a new trailer will be released? Or can we just hope to get one in the coming months?

We don't know. If there's new info in the upcoming CoroCoro magazine, then there's a chance of them posting new videos.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
^ Well... better than nothing! Almost. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.