• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trailer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECM

It's hard for me to believe that about 14-15 years ago, I was playing the original Pokémon games. Seeing the trailer and seeing the game in 3D made me feel way old. That being said, I think it'd be awesome to have character customization. I'm hoping that the mirror was supposed to be hinting at it. As for the legendary Pokémon, they're okay I guess. I've never been a huge fan of legendaries. The only ones I really like are Mewtwo, Mew, and Jirachi. That trailer left me wanting so much more information. I just really want to see all the new Pokémon.

halloweenghost

I like the statue of the trainer with a golurk, a palpitoad, an eevee,.. and I can;t quite make out what else is there..

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I like the statue of the trainer with a golurk, a palpitoad, an eevee,.. and I can;t quite make out what else is there..

I think that's all there is in that statue.
The question is, who could that be? It can be someone important, or just a statue of a random guy.

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon
The trailer looked very good, especially as it appeared the protagonist was using roller skates or something other than a bike. I liked that they went with cel shading, as I always felt it was an under appreciated art style and one that doesn't look extremely dated after just a few years (like B/W/B2/W2 will look, as far as I'm concerned.)

scorpio66

By the looks of the trailer there will be a Psychic, a Bug and a Fire gym.
The gyms I most want are a strong normal type gym, a steel gym, an ice gym, a fire gym (which it appears there may be), a bug gym (which it appears there may be), a poison gym and a dark gym!

I feel that ice, dark, and steel gyms would be particularly cool!

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
The trailer, guys and girls, here is today's formula!

ZWW= The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
P= Pokemon
Cs= cel shading
TDG = 3D graphics
CF= Charm factor

(P * CF) + ZWW (Cs + TDG) = Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!

Awesome way to show at long last to 3DS (for those who wanted to stick to the DS are those who are still seeing the 3DS at the price of 250 dollars back then).

Chilled2m7

WRX STi
Back in the day, Pokemon Gold and Silver convinced me to get a Gameboy Advance. Looks like X and Y are gonna get me to drop some money on a 3DS finally!

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Anyone else felt nostalgic when he did the recap of red, blue, gold,etc. and when the trailer played the starting music of pokemon red and blue ?

mockingjay

swift and lol
If Game Freak continues this then in what, 10 years they'll have to design thousands of Pokemon for every single game they release.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
If Game Freak continues this then in what, 10 years they'll have to design thousands of Pokemon for every single game they release.

i really hope they slow down drastically after gen 7. maybe add about 10-20 pokes gen 8 onwards ? and then stop all together. Not that I mind more pokes too much, its just that it will soon become a logistical NIGHTMARE !

Aurath8

They'll just use or update the 3d models of the previous game. If anything it will be easier because they redesigned most sprites each generation but they won't with the models because they're constantly in motion.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Back in the day, Pokemon Gold and Silver convinced me to get a Gameboy Advance. Looks like X and Y are gonna get me to drop some money on a 3DS finally!

That doesn't make any sense.. You can play Gold and Silver on a Gameboy.. Unless you had never played Pokemon before and didn't have a Gameboy.. Confused...

i really hope they slow down drastically after gen 7. maybe add about 10-20 pokes gen 8 onwards ? and then stop all together. Not that I mind more pokes too much, its just that it will soon become a logistical NIGHTMARE !

Yeah, add 10-20 pokemon in Gen8...

Lets see:
- 9 starter pokemon...
- 1 single new capturable pokemon that doesn't even evolve...

AMAZING!!! Let them reuse box art legendaries as well! Or go back to the basics and use the starters as box art pokemon!

Kage-Pikachu

lol, I gotta agree with you there. Having 10 -20 new Pokemon would be a waste unless it was a sequel to the previous game and the new Pokemon were just additions.

I thought the trailer looked great, Hopefully, and this is a long shot, but hopefully those glasses are just the sunglasses needed to get through sandstorms...

I really like how Pokemon are shown utilizing and attacking their opponents in battle. I've dreamed of this ever since the first generation. Hopefully, missed attacks will still be animated, like having the Pokemon move out of the way or something. Yeah it could get annoying watching an attack animate only to miss but I think it would add more realism than to just make a sitting/standing/floating/swimming (Crowd: We get it!!!) Pokemon move ro dodge something like Thunder or Hyper Beam instead of just remaining stationary.

I can't wait to see how Generation 7 takes this even further! But what I really want is Pokemon Z. But who knows, maybe we'll get another dual sequel! I'm so glad I didn't skkip over Black and White because I would have looked like an idiot, lol.

halloweenghost

back in the day,.. when pokemon was still new,.. there was a rumor that gamefreak had a list of a thousand rough drafted pokemon. or at least a list of ideas for pokemon..

hever

022611229PM
No one can beat the original Pokemanz. I noticed that the new ones are trying-hard, overly designed ugly monsters.

Aurath8

back in the day,.. when pokemon was still new,.. there was a rumor that gamefreak had a list of a thousand rough drafted pokemon. or at least a list of ideas for pokemon..

It's true. GF end up having 3 times as many pokemon ideas than the ones that actually make it into the games each generation.

No one can beat the original Pokemanz. I noticed that the new ones are trying-hard, overly designed ugly monsters.

Try-hard and overly designed? The legendaries maybe, but I'd be annoyed if they just kept coming up with simplistic designs like Voltorb or Diglett. And ugly? Not every pokemon will look cute or awesome, as has been every generation.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Anyone else notice that during the battles, you can see leaves blowing on the field and the circular grass moving about? It's subtle touches like that that makes this game amazing already.

Last edited:

halloweenghost

I seriously doubt it,..but it would be cool if we could finally customize our trainer since the first of the trailer he's looking in the mirror.. would be a cool spot to customize our trainer at.. I doubt it thoguh.

Kage-Pikachu

I agree, I really didn't like the appearance of the male trainer in gen 5.

I really hope that we will be able to have walking Pokemon again. I miss that from Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but going by the trailer it seems unlikely that it will be included. I hope the next trailer shows NPCs interacting with each other or surfing. I'm also looking forward to how evolution is going to be animated.

Status
Not open for further replies.