• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trailer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Discuss the official Pokemon X and Y trailer here!

All posts, speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

The trailer can be seen here:
http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-gb/

And here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2MYbmIxzer8

Last edited:

FlygonParty

The Parisian setting is very exciting! Paris has many iconic landmarks other than the Eiffel Tower that I'd hope to see make it into the game - who knows, perhaps this means we could someday see Game Freak's take on London?

I haven't had a unanimously positive reaction to BOTH box legendaries since... well, considering that Lugia and Ho-Oh didn't debut in the traditional sense (having both made separate appearances within the anime) EVER. Groudon excited me but Kyogre underwhelmed, Dialga and Palkia both looked nonsensical (and continue to right up to this very day), and although I quickly learned to love Zekrom, it took a lot of warming up to Reshiram's design... but this new pair: WOW. They're both excellent.
Here's a question, in the close-up of the X-Deer's face, an "X" design is clearly integrated into the design of its eye.
Although I'm sure that it's counterpart shares this aesthetic ('cept, y'know, with a "Y"), is anyone else UNable to view the "Y" design within the eye of Y-Dragon (perhaps "Y-Bird," I haven't reached a theoretical verdict yet)?

Also, for once, Nintendo and Game Freak created the right amount of hype for this announcement, they didn't overdo it or undersell it - bravo!

Ludicoconut

Water&Grass Trainer
Many people are discussing froakie and its wierdish appearance in that it appears to be an old man frog. It actually seems to me like it could be a tiny cloud cape.

cookies kill you

Like a boss
in the trailer it looks like they show off what could be some gyms even though some probably aren't. A grass gym with you swinging through the tree's maybe not that but it looks like a puzzle but for sure one gym type is defiantly going to be in it the bug type gym trainers on the web and at the end huge thing holding what looks to be the end that's for sure a gym and possible a fire gym

These news were SO exciting, I am so ready for a new pokemon generation!

The 3D graphics are awesome and so refreshing. Encountering and battling pokemon will be so much fun. I can't wait to see how they will all move and react. I also very much enjoyed how encountering pokemon in the wild look. The roller skates are also a very nice and cute addition and I hope they replace the running shoes (hopefully no more holding the b button down to run, ha.).

About the starters I can only say one thing, awsome.
Chespin; I love his chestnut design, and seeing how he also has some porcupine in him, I can see his final evolution going in to a really amazing direction.
Fennekin; The idea of a fennec fox pokemon is just lovely. I also think that the fire typing fits very well to an animal that lives in the desert. I am really curious to see what route its evolution will take.
Froakie; I really enjoy the colors of him and the cloud(?) on his back is cute. It's also nice that he looks more like a frog than a toad (like the tympole line). I hope his designs stays so sleek and doesn't end up making him too bulky.

I can't really decide yet which starter I like best, because I actually enjoy them all very much, though I am leaning towards Fennekin and Chespin the most. Can't wait to see their final stages. I am hoping that they go the black and white route with their final forms, and that they looks very different than everyone expected!

x0MoMusica0x

im really excited about all of the new places. i mean, we're already somewhere in the European hemisphere, so maybe we'll get to go all over the place this time. im thinking that good ole' Nin did this since they are going to try to release the game worldwide UNANIMOUSLY. yeah, its more than just a small coincidence

as for the pokemon released, im only sold on the Y-Legendary.the dragon/bird hasn't been overdone (think Lugia/Reshiram), so it still has a lot of life in it. the X-Legendary looks over done, and i'll just leave it at that. the starters are gonna take some time to warming up (thank goodness that i have a whole year to do so), so when the game rolls around, maybe i wont just ditch them in the PC for whatever field Poke i catch first. Fennekin is looking exaggerated, but it'll probably be my premier choice despite my roll through all games with Water Poke (you never go wrong)

Also, for once, Nintendo and Game Freak created the right amount of hype for this announcement, they didn't overdo it or undersell it - bravo!

i have to agree with you on this. now we just wait for everyone to hype it up. hopefully we wont be disappointed...

stranger1260

PKMN Ranger Trainer
notice that in pokemon battles, there is no hp bar or pokemon information (gender, level, nickname etc.) and text box saying things like "it's super effective!". Perhaps all these things were moved to the bottom screen?

notice that in pokemon battles, there is no hp bar or pokemon information (gender, level, nickname etc.) and text box saying things like "it's super effective!". Perhaps all these things were moved to the bottom screen?

well I'll be, I didn't even notice that!
So much change, it's scary :p

ysmr97

There is only ONE official gym in the trailer revealed. It seems to be ghost or psychic

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
in the trailer it looks like they show off what could be some gyms even though some probably aren't. A grass gym with you swinging through the tree's maybe not that but it looks like a puzzle but for sure one gym type is defiantly going to be in it the bug type gym trainers on the web and at the end huge thing holding what looks to be the end that's for sure a gym and possible a fire gym

And there's the gym with the room. It has the Unova gym sign on it, so it is a gym at the least.. Probably Psychic/Ghost, or Dark based on the deep purple color and moving room.

Anybody else had a feeling of when the character falls into the spiderweb that it looked like a 'Mii' being dropped?

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I think this is the most that any announcement has revealed about a new gen. Definitely backs up the hype it got !

Battra

Gen 6 huh I haven't even finished gen 5, & i've only started competitively battling in Gen 5. I'll be looking forward to it.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Perhaps, but we're looking only at the fighting-scenes. There's a good chance that the HP-bar moves when the pokemon attacks.

Gen 6 huh I haven't even finished gen 5, & i've only started competitively battling in Gen 5. I'll be looking forward to it.

Yeah... Dunno what to say.. I still remember giving Mijumaru the name Wotter when the shading was lifted.. Now we didn't even get to guess anymore.. I was like.. People, sit down, watch my history lesson, and whack, here's your new gen, eat it..

I didn't like it..

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
Watching this trailer was probably the best way I could have started my day. I am really digging the new graphics. It looks really nice and playing the game with something other than sprites will be a very refreshing and exciting experience.

ebevan91

I didn't even have to get out of bed to see this :)

Gotta love tablets.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
These game look so cool. I've been waiting for battles similar to the mystery dungeon games and the pokemon themselves look so wonderful. I also love fenneking but froakie isn't that bad either =D I'm still n shock that we are getting a new gen only 3 years after the 5th O.O

Littlemyuu

how many guys here watched the trailer more than one ?

I think I watched it 8 times or so, keep getting tears, its so nice

I love the trailer! I was all excited when I saw the little quick shadows of the new starters,
love chespin, also the 2 legendarys, oh wow..I love the stag its so beutiful, I never could imagine cool Pokemon like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.