• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trailer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
i watched it 3 times. XD
i'll say this "i cant wait!"
i think the thing that cought my attention the most was the swinging on the rope/vine.

Agreed. I wonder how they are going to implement that. And it's also interesting to point out how there's Pokemon from older gens in the video, most likely meaning we will have about a good 150-300 Pokemon again on the regional dex.

Anima

Well, it's been a while since a Fire type starter has taken my interest. Hopefully they don't make it another fire/fight type starter line. Three in a row is more than enough. Not really a fan of the other two starters though. That's usually the case for me anyway, so no big.

Also, for once, Nintendo and Game Freak created the right amount of hype for this announcement, they didn't overdo it or undersell it - bravo!

Yeah... They definitely didn't oversell it. Gen VI was the furthest from my mind when I was thinking about what this would be about. I thought it was going to be a R/S remake. This news is way better though!

Cyclone

^ where it all began
Looks really cool, but at the same time, seems like I was just looking at Tepig, Oshawott, and Snivy for the first time

Aurath8

Did anyone notice the statue across the lake in front of the mansion. There's a man, a golurk and what appears to be yet another new pokemon. It doesn't really look like anything we've had before.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
Did anyone notice the statue across the lake in front of the mansion. There's a man, a golurk and what appears to be yet another new pokemon. It doesn't really look like anything we've had before.

It is a trainer with Golurk, Palpitoad and the Golurk has an Eevee in its hand. I saw it in high res pic., but I'm having some trouble trying to find it again.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I'm only "dissapointed" we didn't see a New Eeveelution. XD Everything looks awesome. I just really, really hope there are around 130-150 new Pokémon. Just slightly over 100 would feel so little compared to last gen.

And, rope swinging looks neat. We didn't get very much info on anything (no new characters or so excluding the Players), which I understand since this is the very first we see. I hope the Evil Team (if there is one) are very evil and cool-looking. And I hope the story is great and unique. Aaand I hope there will be some evolutions for old Pkmn.

And that's it. For naow.

>France

Eh, not my favorite place, but I really don't like NYC either, so not the worst place for a region I suppose.

I really like Fennekin, I'm defiently choosing it as my starter.

AND **** YEAH GOLURK IS IN THIS GAME.

anybody notice a female trainer following the male trainer in the forest? She looked a lot like Mei.

It is a trainer with Golurk, Palpitoad and the Golurk has an Eevee in its hand. I saw it in high res pic., but I'm having some trouble trying to find it again.

that scene reminds me of that plaque you read in the PokeAthlon Dome. How three pokemon and their trainer found a cure by doing 10 obstacles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 298996

I was scared when Pikachu popped up at the beggining of the trailer. I was like: PLEASE DONT TELL ME ITS POKEPARK 3

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Just saw it and I LOVE it. Finally the transition to real 3D environment and the starters are cool. I hope the new gen will stay cool :3 I skipped gen 5 and I thought I wouldn't go on playing, but then this came...

Amber_Fossil

in the trailer it looks like they show off what could be some gyms even though some probably aren't. A grass gym with you swinging through the tree's maybe not that but it looks like a puzzle but for sure one gym type is defiantly going to be in it the bug type gym trainers on the web and at the end huge thing holding what looks to be the end that's for sure a gym and possible a fire gym

HI I'm NEW! My comments and such come from the new trailer.

I think we'll C a return of some Generation I type Gyms, like said...
Grass, Fire,
+ Psychic,

about the Web designed gym (LOL) it may be Bug but could be it's Ghost why not! Morty was a difficult gym for me in GEN II and even Soul+Heart would love it's return of that type gym...

well that is what I could get out of the trailer in Gyms,
I love the Serebii net site it's a great help :D

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I liked how the 6th Gen kept some familiarity with attack animations such as that Meinfoo's Aura Sphere, which kept the same colour scheme as the previous gens.

Ghoster23

Ghostly
notice that in pokemon battles, there is no hp bar or pokemon information (gender, level, nickname etc.) and text box saying things like "it's super effective!". Perhaps all these things were moved to the bottom screen?

Sorry but I'll have to disagree since if you pay attention you'll see that before the attacks animation is over they've already change to a different battle or starter.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
OK, I have seen the new trailer for Pokemon's Gneration VI and I want to comment several things with all of you:
+ I admit, the 3D world is really cool; although I'm very accustomed to the classical 2D.
+ I didn't expect they give us the names for some new Pokemon in several languages at the same time. It seems the world is getting smaller and smaller every time.
+ I tried to look for the origin of the new Pokemon names (Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie), but someone already did it before me. It seems the Grass type is like a hedgehog, the Fire type like a fox (just like Vulpix) and the Water type is like frog (like Poliwag or Tympole).
+ Pikachu on the Eiffel Tower? One of the backgrounds also shows a tower very similar to that. The designers are already tired of lands based of Japan so they are going to copy another country? No, wait; how about if this is a "international" journey? I mean, for the first time, we travel to several regions (countries) to collect ALL the existing Pokemon and win all the battles. Sounds exhausting, but cool; don't you think?
+ The story behind "Pokemon X" and "Pokemon Y", I don't think it has to do something with "male-female". It sounds to me more like the 3 dimensions (ironically, the 3D) of space. Which means, if the two first games are X and Y, then the "possible third" game would be "Pokemon Z". Don't you think? The male-female stuff makes me think that it will be a lot of "transgender" in this games, and that doesn't sound as something characteristic from Pokemon's world.
+ The Legendary Pokemon that represent the new games, I think their "connection" will be similar to the one between Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. I mean, a connection between "land", "sea" and "sky". The red one seems like a Dragon/Flying Pokemon that represents "sky", while the blue one looks like a deer with a Grass/Psychic type combination. So, the third legendary should be an animal able to form a "Z" with its body and related with the "sea". How about a Water/Dragon Pokemon that looks like a Sea Serpent, similar to Gyarados?

Well, opinions?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The trailer made me want this game real bad. It has a 3D world almost similar to the GamceCube games. I wonder what the bad team will be called

Charoshi

Charmander is best
All of my want!!

This game looks fantastic, the full 3D looks amazing. I am going to be waiting for October heavily. I am kinda glad they giving us worldwide releases all at once, although it might put a temporary hamper into my team building.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
The trailer made me want this game real bad. It has a 3D world almost similar to the GamceCube games. I wonder what the bad team will be called

Same here!! The battles looked amazing! And I wonder if when Pikachu was seen come out of the grass, if it will be like that for all wild Pokemon or just like Hidden grottos or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.