• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trailer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
+ The Legendary Pokemon that represent the new games, I think their "connection" will be similar to the one between Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. I mean, a connection between "land", "sea" and "sky". The red one seems like a Dragon/Flying Pokemon that represents "sky", while the blue one looks like a deer with a Grass/Psychic type combination. So, the third legendary should be an animal able to form a "Z" with its body and related with the "sea". How about a Water/Dragon Pokemon that looks like a Sea Serpent, similar to Gyarados?

Well, opinions?

NO... MORE... DRAGONS!!!!1... as main legendaries.

Finally, something to get me interested in Pokémon again...

My interest in Pokémon died before the 5th gen arrived since I felt as the franchise would eventually stall itself.

Seeing the world in beautiful 3-D has brought me back to the franchise and I anxiously await the new gen and the new Pokémons that await us.

StingrayKurt

This is amazing! They played the trailer at the perfect time in the morning for me to watch it live. First time I was ever able to watch a live announcement for pokemon. They are doing a great job. I can't wait to see more!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Well, I can at least say for sure I'm not crying like I did last time because of how many Pokémon there were. Heck, I'm not crying at all, nor am I complaining and throwing my hands up screaming to the world "I'M DONE" like I did for the fifth generation. I'm still on neutral ground about this. I'll admit that I think it's neat that now they're going the Pokémon Stadium/Battle Revolution route when it comes to attacking, and that it will be in (hopefully) better 3D, so I imagine there will be a lot of ground to cover, and a lot of depth to it. I wonder if the region is based off Paris, or if it's actually based off parts of Europe. Unova is said to take elements from New York City, so I guess it would've been obvious that the next region would've taken place elsewhere in the world.

I'm just kinda sad right now because the 3DS is still pretty expensive, and I did just get Pokémon White for Christmas. And even then, I would like to get Black 2 prior to getting either Pokémon X or Y. So I'm gonna be pretty late... again. But oh well.

I also noticed the "X" Legendary may have swords for legs. Hmm. But I think the "Y" Legendary looks cooler. Still, we shall see what happens. When more information comes out, my decision'll probably be made before the release date. Chances are I may check this game out.

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
I'm hyped for this game. The trailer looks so beautiful. It keeps some mechanics of the series, while introducing others. (Rollerblades and customization are two possible ones I can think of. Personally, I'm excited to see wether it stays in France, or if you can run about in other European locales.

Also, I just realized I'll be in high school when these games come out.

Last edited:

Zenoah

Eevee Fan
Im suprised we got to see the starters so soon. They normaly just show us shadows of them and release the real deal later. I was kinda hoping we'd get just the out lines...I was ready to draw up speculations! Still, Im excited for this. Not to keen on a frog starter. I was hoping that, since the first two were a bit OOC for starters, the water one would be diffrent...guess not.

Cant wait to see more info on this gen!

Darren!

Trader
The player character staring into the mirror at thr start reminds me of the sims and had made me hope that there some form of character customisation in the games, also to me the character looks slightly similar to an animal crossing type of character , and due to the characters now in 3d i think it would be easy for the creators to at least add in the choice to change the players clothes. Bring a bit of battle revoloution inspiration into this game I say

Zenoah

Eevee Fan
I would LOVE character customization! It would make everyone's character more unique. I've been wanting customizing for YEARS now...I really hope we get it in this gen!

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
I agree about the hype. Usually you see a bunch of quick shots showing some of the new Pokemon, probably an evolution or two of the starters. But for right now they showed just enough. Enough to get us intrigued and talking. They kept it simple, the 3 starters and the cover legendaries.

I just got Black 2 and White 2 myself, haven't even started them yet. So Gen 6 is a bit too quick for me as well, but what can you do eh? I don't play too many video games, so letting them stack a bit up isn't so bad to me.

Anima

Hmm... You know, the quickness is starting to really bug me.

Think of those graphics. Those animations.

Now wonder if they did that for 700+ pokemon.

I'm going to be terrified until I get confirmation that the entire pokedex will be available in these games.

Kylesico912X

I'm going to have to start saving up money for a 3DS. At least I have til october to get one. The Fire type is certainly interesting me but I swear to god, if it is another fire/fighting type, you will not hear the end of it.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Hmm... You know, the quickness is starting to really bug me.

Think of those graphics. Those animations.

Now wonder if they did that for 700+ pokemon.

I'm going to be terrified until I get confirmation that the entire pokedex will be available in these games.

Not like the games started being done yesterday, usually when they finish a game they have meetins to think of the next project and start the next game rigth away, so basicly this game is being done for ATLEAST 3 years and since when didnt we get an entire dex in the games before?

Hoenn didnt give us access to everything at first but the pokemon(sprites) existed.

MiguelTigre

Did you guys see the Japanese trailer ?Anyone notice the DNA Helix in the logo for the new Pokemon games that's not in the English trailer? Can it be the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are Pokemon Girl and Pokemon Boy?
MT

Zenoah

Eevee Fan
Yeah I will rage quit if the fire type turns out fire/fighting.
I doubt it will thou. Since it's based off a fennic fox, a desert dwelling critter, I can see fire/ground.

JacklynFrosti

OH.MY.ARCEUS!!!
I instantly fell in love with Fennekin. This is going to be my starter.
Its a cute little fox, and because in japanese culture kitsunes (foxes) are linked to fire, maybe in its evolutions it will grow tails. But that might be a rip off of Ninetales. As for its type, I see it as a fire and psychic type.

Zenoah

Eevee Fan
I can see Fennekin Flamewalker getting a tail per evo. So 2nd stage would have 2 tails and 3rd would have 3.

Anima

Not like the games started being done yesterday, usually when they finish a game they have meetins to think of the next project and start the next game rigth away, so basicly this game is being done for ATLEAST 3 years and since when didnt we get an entire dex in the games before?

Hoenn didnt give us access to everything at first but the pokemon(sprites) existed.

I know, but still. While most of the games all have 3-4 years between them none of the others use 3D character models. I'm more inclined to think it should take more time, not less or similar time than pixel art. Of course I could be completely wrong... But confirmation would still make me feel better.

Magnagates already caught me off guard with their limited amount of non-5th gen pokemon. I don't want to be disappointed by a mainstream pokemon game too ._.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
I don't think Fennekin will go the Kitsune route. I mean, we already have Vulpix for that. I'm just hoping for a cool looking fox as it's last evo. And please, Fennekin, don't go fighting type on me! You're better than that!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I know, but still. While most of the games all have 3-4 years between them none of the others use 3D character models. I'm more inclined to think it should take more time, not less or similar time than pixel art. Of course I could be completely wrong... But confirmation would still make me feel better.

Magnagates already caught me off guard with their limited amount of non-5th gen pokemon. I don't want to be disappointed by a mainstream pokemon game too ._.

Again the models and possibly the games was already in developed 3+ years ago shouldn't bea problem if they are actually working.

Managate is not made by gamefreak, only the main franchise is done by gamefreak.

Zenoah

Eevee Fan
I dont think they'd go the fire/fighting route since fennic foxes are from the desert. If it has a dual type, it will probaly have ground as a secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.