• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trailer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regality

Digital King
They've really gone to a lot of effort to make it so detailed.. It looks amazing, and just when we were getting annoyed at no new, we get so much :D

Daimona

Hero of Truth
So, anybody notice the neat idle animations, like the fem character turning her head when she ran by the coffee-shop? And we can finally sit on benches!

Seemed to me like we will also have manual camera control, like when the angle shifted when the male character was looking up the street? That would be very welcome news.

EDIT: Might just be the angle shifting due to the character turning around though. But there's also the brief moment when the girl passes through the archway... Eh, can't say for sure, might be all fixed like before.

Last edited:

Regality

Digital King
The manual camera angle changing would be good, as long as it is not too finicky.
It would seem as though they are tying to get rid of all set things, like the set directional options and set camera angle are both now gone.

Aurath8

The manual camera angle changing would be good, as long as it is not too finicky.
It would seem as though they are tying to get rid of all set things, like the set directional options and set camera angle are both now gone.

Actually, I think this is just an aesthetic of Lumiose city. Almost every other area we've seen had the 'standard' angle. Potentially, all the fancy camera angles are based upon your position, kind of like a more sophisticated version of Castelia city. Speaking of Castelia, I hope Lumiose city has more to do in it than Castelia. The city was too large for its own good there.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I know you guys saw my boy main character sitting on that bench.
Trailer had a bunch of things I liked, while having things I couldn't care for. Overall all, I'm pretty excited.

Nikator

RnG- The Masterpiece
If there is a manual camera angle, how do we control it? Will it be circle pad pro only I wonder in a bid to boost sales of it?

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
If there is a manual camera angle, how do we control it? Will it be circle pad pro only I wonder in a bid to boost sales of it?

It'll probably be functioned via the Circle Pad or Circle Pad Pro. I'd doubt they'd have the camera angle-adjusting feature exclusively for the Circle Pad Pro. Even if you do need the Circle Pad to move, I think the camera angling will be triggered if you hold down another button while using the Circle Pad. Just my prediction on that note.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
or just use the D-Pad while using the Circle Pad to move

Most probably this.

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning utilizes the camera control function through the D-Pad, while walking is done via the Circle pad. In most games, the D-Pad share the same functionality as the Circle Pad, which is commonly used for movement, so yeah. Instead of a redundant controls, use it for other functions instead, such as the camera.

What is that car anyway? A taxi maybe to take you around the city?

About the car: It has no backseat, so a taxi is less likely. At first I criticized GF's choice of having the driver on the left side of the taxi before realizing that it may in fact be only one seat wide. The only transportation I can see for the player in Lumiose City is the 'Go goat Express' or whatever they'll want to call it.

Ladlebug

That Gogoat's walkin' awfully slow. Hopefully there's a run feature.

But I really like everything in the trailer so far. I think it's awesome that you can sit down and look at your surroundings. Ever since I saw those beautiful transition pictures in HG/SS of National Park, I always wanted to just be able to sit back and look at them for a while longer. If there's a night/day feature that would be amazing as well.
And there's cars! Probably there for decoration, but it's also possible they may work like boats and help you get to far away area.

Also, can you move the camera? Because it looks like you can. That's pretty cool for getting a better view of the surroundings. It may even come in handy when looking for items or secret areas.

XXD17

Draco rex
Nothing about Altaria and Kingdra screams Dragon imho. Altaria looks like a Normal/Flying type. Not even remotely Dragon to me, at least to me with those clouds and all. For all we know, Sylveon could be anything. Well, almost...

altaria, no idea...as for kingdra...seahorse in Japanese is 竜の落し子 (tatsu no oshi ko) which means "lost child of the dragon"...therefore, it makes sense for seahorse pokemon to be dragons...same idea how horsea and seadra are "dragon pokemon" even though they aren't dragon type...

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
altaria, no idea...as for kingdra...seahorse in Japanese is 竜の落し子 (tatsu no oshi ko) which means "lost child of the dragon"...therefore, it makes sense for seahorse pokemon to be dragons...same idea how horsea and seadra are "dragon pokemon" even though they aren't dragon type...
Kingdra is actually based on the seadragon which explains both the typing and the classification. Altaria is based on the Chinese "Peng", which are mythical birds with cloud-like wings and the head of a dragon.
As for the trailer, that was fantastic! The game is looking great and I'm really excited about customization. I'm not quite sure how I feel about riding Gogoat yet, but I guess it's a cool idea. I just hope there's a little more reason behind it than "Hey look, it's Gogoat, the riding Pokemon! Let's ride it around the city!" At the very least, I'm hoping for increased movement speed while riding it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
That Gogoat's walkin' awfully slow. Hopefully there's a run feature.

I do hope that Gogoat can run. But pretty sure there's Running shoes and bicycle too. It's a Pokemon staple.
Also, let's not forget that this game has skates.

Status
Not open for further replies.