• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainer Customization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Yeah. I was really bummed when customization wasn't in ORAS. It's one of the things that turnt me off from it. That and I honestly don't like Gen 3 too much.

I had a feeling it wasn't going to be in ORAS, due to Brendan and May being pre-existing characters. It would've been nice to have it anyway, though. I totally hate their designs. lol

Let's hope we get an updated customization system in Pokémon Z/X2Y2.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
I had a feeling it wasn't going to be in ORAS, due to Brendan and May being pre-existing characters. It would've been nice to have it anyway, though. I totally hate their designs. lol

I know right? and I hate how all the Wifi Battles are a bunch of Brendan and May clones.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i dont mind May's design much, brendan is the cookie cutter design. i didnt get ORAS for the lack of customization and the fact its a relaunch with no new pkmn.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
i dont mind May's design much, brendan is the cookie cutter design. i didnt get ORAS for the lack of customization and the fact its a relaunch with no new pkmn.

Agreed. They made May cuter, and made her outfit seem more like a summer outfit and less like a biking outfit that her original design had. Brendan just looks..stale.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Agreed. They made May cuter, and made her outfit seem more like a summer outfit and less like a biking outfit that her original design had. Brendan just looks..stale.

lol, i dont know who is more bland, Brendan or plain yogurt ie the contest judge whose vocabulary consists solely of the statement "its remarkable."

i actually prefer May's appearance when it looked more like a biking outfit. ive seen afew anime eps from that series and got used to her appearance.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
Yeah...The contest judges aren't very good at they're jobs. lol...I also really don't like the chick with the Mega Altaria. All the gyrating and posing she does. Plus she looks like an ice cream cone.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yeah...The contest judges aren't very good at they're jobs. lol...I also really don't like the chick with the Mega Altaria. All the gyrating and posing she does. Plus she looks like an ice cream cone.

lol, i got my own names for those 3 judges: bland, plain yogurt and uniformed/generic. could never settle for what to call nurse joy in the end. not sure who you mean with the mega altaria. i havent seen that many eps too far yet.

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
This is the one and only reason I got Y. I had no intention on getting it after I had a bad time with Gen 5, but the second my friend told me customization was in, I went out and bought it. I really hope the reversion sticks with the remakes, and they bring it back in Gen 7 (yeah, I know they said it's a feature of Kalos, but I can still hope).

Where did they say that? It better make a come back with Gen 7 or I will be dropping these games. I can forgive it not making it into the OR/AS remakes/masters, but if they don't carry it forward I will be disappointed, to say the least. Customizing your character is what makes me feel so engaged in the games I play.

In fact, GF, stop dropping features between games. What is so difficult about taking cool and fun stuff and moving it from generation to generation? Gaaaaaah!

Where did they say that? It better make a come back with Gen 7 or I will be dropping these games. I can forgive it not making it into the OR/AS remakes/masters, but if they don't carry it forward I will be disappointed, to say the least. Customizing your character is what makes me feel so engaged in the games I play.

In fact, GF, stop dropping features between games. What is so difficult about taking cool and fun stuff and moving it from generation to generation? Gaaaaaah!
It comes from this interview where they said that it's meant to give Kalos a unique feel. Although they haven't stated directly that it won't come back, and even if that's the case it's always possible that they can change their minds as time goes on.

Particularly this part:
"In terms of the customization of the trainer, that was really kind of a special thing for the Kalos region, which featured this kind of motif of France and really focused on this beauty and fashion aspect, which is why it was a prominent feature in that game. For this game, we're focusing on adventuring elements, so we don't have the actual free customization of the trainer, but you'll see the items you use throughout the game visually represented; for example, when you're underwater, you'll have this little mouthpiece that lets you breathe. So there's some cool stuff for how your trainer changes clothes and puts on accessories throughout the game."

Status
Not open for further replies.