• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainer Customization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterMasterDD

Water Trainer
I'm playing through the game now (just done the 4th gym) and as of yet, I have to have headgear on, there is no option to remove it, only to replace one hat with another. As for the PSS pictures, you can change your PSS profile, either by using an image provided (there are several choices) or use your characters face.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Do we know if we can change the hairstyle of the male protagonist?

We can change clothes, hairstyles, and even hair colors.
Eye color cannot be changed however.

WaterMasterDD

Water Trainer
You can change your hairstyle in Lumiose city at the salon.

Fishboi, as I said, I haven't had the option to remove my hat yet, but hopefully later on in the game. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
We can change clothes, hairstyles, and even hair colors.
Eye color cannot be changed however.

Are the hair color options generic (blond, black, etc.) or can we change the color to anything we want? 'Cause I wanted my character to have hot pink hair but I'm not sure if that's possible.

WaterMasterDD

Water Trainer
That's the image you get shown after you change your hair at the salon, if I remember correctly... (Also the exact hairstyle I have for my player)

Charmed, I believe it's generic blonde, black or brown for hair.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
That's the image you get shown after you change your hair at the salon, if I remember correctly... (Also the exact hairstyle I have for my player)

Can you put on shades like they're supposed to be worn rather than them being placed on your hat?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I'm crying. I wanted vivid and dynamic color choices but I guess that was too much to ask for. Ugh, I guess I'll go for blonde hair color for the female character. I was tempted to pick the male character for the facial hair feature, but I could see that getting old really fast so I'll stick with the female.

Natsume of Shion Town

Pokémon Master
I want my girl to look more like a dude.
So I really hope girls can wear NORMAL PEOPLE CLOTHES.

If not, I guess I can wear those skinny jeans.... but that is a backup.....

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
I want my girl to look more like a dude.
So I really hope girls can wear NORMAL PEOPLE CLOTHES.

If not, I guess I can wear those skinny jeans.... but that is a backup.....

What do you mean by NORMAL PEOPLE CLOTHES? I see women all the time that wear skirts or skinny pants.

Or are you saying there are some weird clothing options in the game that I haven't seen yet?

I hope customization has the outfits from the previous game protagonists. I'm sure a lot of people would love having their character look like Red.

I would like Lucas, myself.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm crying. I wanted vivid and dynamic color choices but I guess that was too much to ask for. Ugh, I guess I'll go for blonde hair color for the female character. I was tempted to pick the male character for the facial hair feature, but I could see that getting old really fast so I'll stick with the female.

I think we can also be ginger, which is the most "vivid and dynamic" color you could have for your hair, if you are interested...

What do you mean by NORMAL PEOPLE CLOTHES? I see women all the time that wear skirts or skinny pants.

Or are you saying there are some weird clothing options in the game that I haven't seen yet?

I would like Lucas, myself.
I think he/she means that all we've seen so far was skirts, dresses, feminine clothes and that he/she only wants some common clothes, such as a normal T-Shirt and normal pants.

As for Lucas, OH YES! I WANT THAT SCARF!

Last edited:

Natsume of Shion Town

Pokémon Master
Ah, I get you now. I didn't know if you were one of those people who says that women wearing anything feminine is wrong.

But I do agree that female characters shouldn't have to wear feminine clothes.

While I don't like to wear feminine clothing, I don't find it wrong for others, it's just not my style.

So I am really hoping girls have the option of wearing regular t-shirts and regular shorts and jeans.
Cause I want this game to reflect who I am, a HUGE tomboy (then my Y version will have a really cool looking guy). I mean, that's what Game Freak was going for, right?

I'm also really hoping that we can change the color scheme of clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.