• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainer Customization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquanova

I have a lot of fun with this feature. I just got the Slurpuff dress, but havent worn it, Im attached to my favorite outfit, which is the Black Trenchcoat Dress(that I payed basically all my money for) black tights, black lace up boots, Brown Fedora, with a black Feather accessory and a purple purse. I have brown eye contacts and tried out the short hairstyle for the first time which works well with the whole outfit. It bugs me there is no Black Fedora for girls but brown works I guess.

I do not like that you need to wear a hat. Seriously not everyone wears a hat in real life, so I dont see why we have to in game and also it bugs me that they wont actually let you wear sunglasses on your eyes, they're always on the hat. Im not expecting them to fix this either :/

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I have a lot of fun with this feature. I just got the Slurpuff dress, but havent worn it, Im attached to my favorite outfit, which is the Black Trenchcoat Dress(that I payed basically all my money for) black tights, black lace up boots, Brown Fedora, with a black Feather accessory and a purple purse. I have brown eye contacts and tried out the short hairstyle for the first time which works well with the whole outfit. It bugs me there is no Black Fedora for girls but brown works I guess.

I do not like that you need to wear a hat. Seriously not everyone wears a hat in real life, so I dont see why we have to in game and also it bugs me that they wont actually let you wear sunglasses on your eyes, they're always on the hat. Im not expecting them to fix this either :/

What really bugs me is how female characters have more variety in this subject than male characters. I was expecting a better ration... Well, next time I'll for sure choose the female one.

Mi-tan

I agree with this. What confuses me is that your character is consistently seen without a hat when you're getting a haircut - so since a hatless main character was modeled, why isn't it attainable in-game? The only reason I can think of is something regarding the programming that would lead to glitches, but wearing/not wearing a hat seems like something minor enough to not cause any trouble. And speaking of the sunglasses, I gotta say that I don't really like any of the female versions per se. Around the only interesting hat decorations are the star pins, but I don't wear even those too much. Thank goodness you can take away accessories xD

Anyway, I've been having a good time changing my hairstyle randomly. It's fun to see what you get - I recently unlocked ponytail and pigtails, and ended up with bright blonde pigtails. Would change that, but I need to do some more Battle Chateau stuff to earn more money (spent over 400k on clothing lol). One of my only complaints about this feature, aside from what I said above, is that the range of feminine tops is really kind of limited, at least for my style. There comes a point where, being the overly-immersed player I am, I'd like to dress my character in a long-sleeved shirt or turtleneck, but literally everything is short-sleeved except for some dresses, which I'm not a particular fan of anyway. It is interesting to experiment with combinations, though, especially since I've got virtually all the colors for skinny jeans and fedoras.

pokemonFRguy

Pokemon Hunter
It sucks how male characters got shafted in pretty much every part of customization. So much less variety... especially when it comes to people who want a specific color scheme like I do (Blue, Black, and White). There are even weird color combinations like Aqua and Pink (on the aqua Hoodie) or Navy Blue and Orange (on the navy blue Zipped Jacket).

Right now, I am sporting the white Knit Cap, aqua Striped Shirt Combo, the basic blue Skinny Jeans, the basic black Ankle Socks, the blue Sneakers, the black Vinyl Messenger Bag, and the black Feather Accessory. I really wish there was more variety in choice... I like some other stuff like the aqua Down Jacket, the gray Plaid Shirt Combo, the white Zipped Shirt Combo, the blue Cuffed Jeans, the basic black Short Boots, and the black and aqua Two-Tone Bags, but really, the variety in shades is missing. The color of the clothes are dull in my opinion.

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
You need to be stylish to get clothes... That makes sense! Also, doing hotel works makes you more stylish... Okay, what?

fitzy909

Just another guy
It sucks how male characters got shafted in pretty much every part of customization. So much less variety... especially when it comes to people who want a specific color scheme like I do (Blue, Black, and White). There are even weird color combinations like Aqua and Pink (on the aqua Hoodie) or Navy Blue and Orange (on the navy blue Zipped Jacket).

Right now, I am sporting the white Knit Cap, aqua Striped Shirt Combo, the basic blue Skinny Jeans, the basic black Ankle Socks, the blue Sneakers, the black Vinyl Messenger Bag, and the black Feather Accessory. I really wish there was more variety in choice... I like some other stuff like the aqua Down Jacket, the gray Plaid Shirt Combo, the white Zipped Shirt Combo, the blue Cuffed Jeans, the basic black Short Boots, and the black and aqua Two-Tone Bags, but really, the variety in shades is missing. The color of the clothes are dull in my opinion.

i get what you mean. i don't know why males cannot get more customisation. shorts would be greatly appreciated. i hope we get dlc clothes, that would be good.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
While I was excited for this at first, I've reached Snowbelle and I haven't bought any clothing.

I check the shops every single day, and I find literally nothing that I like for Males.

I hate the amazing variety Males have.

Chema

I really enjoy the Trainer Customizations the only real problem I have with it is how the males get the short end of the stick in terms of options but that seems to be the case in most games that you can customize you character.

DKN117

Legend Tamer
The main Serebii.net site says the Red Fedora is available at Lumiose Boutique on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Today is Saturday, yet they only had the Black and Grey Fedoras. If the site is wrong, then where CAN I get a Red Fedora?

Last edited:

diakyu

I really enjoy the Trainer Customizations the only real problem I have with it is how the males get the short end of the stick in terms of options but that seems to be the case in most games that you can customize you character.

I disagree. I feel like the guys had better options with the customization, especially with the inclusion of the Pancham hat.

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
*laughs evilly* And this is belated revenge for the guys actually being playable characters throughout the entire series, instead of from Crystal onward like us!

Kibamaru

Water PokéTrainer

Ironic isn't it? This franchise started off where girls can't even play as a female character, now they get more customization options than guys.

Redmudkip

Battle Engineer
Really hoping for some customization DLC.

This.
Wouldn't it be cool if you could get clothes that look like gym leaders' in a DLC!? Or even previous player controlled characters (i.e. May, or Lucas).

This probably won't happen, but I can dream can't I?

Also I wish I could wear glasses on my eyes, not on top of my hat.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I was looking forward to the customisation feature, but yeah... playing as male character it's pretty underwhelming. I've looked around in the stores, but there's barely anything in there that makes me want to wear it over my regular clothes. Very disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.