• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainer Customization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
Do you think they'd ever release an update or DLC that gives trainers new clothing and hairstyles to have?

I'd personally love it if they did that. I didn't think I'd be that bothered by the trainer customisation, but I absolutely love it and it was what I found myself spending most of my time doing during my play through. I am even sad enough to have a selection of outfits to choose from so I can have my trainer looking different everyday.

I'd love to have many more different hairstyles (maybe some facial hair too perhaps?), hats, bags and t-shirts, as well as the option to not wear a hat because that'd just be fun, and it isn't as if the character models don't already exist in the game - they're clearly visible each time you get your hair cut. And if you're listening Nintendo, please give the option to have our trainers wear our glasses over our eyes instead of on our foreheads! Its great what we have, and bravo to GF/Nintendo, but it could definitely be expanded upon. The sky is the limit.

Also, I know this next one is going to be a stretch, and I could never see it happening, but I'd love to see a basic level of clothing for Pokemon too. Maybe some cute hats and scarfs/bandanas to decorate your favourite team members with would be nice? I mean c'mon, a Weavile wearing cool-guy shades. You can't say that wouldn't be awesome.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
I would love for them to release an update. They may do though since they released the 50% off coupon soooo late.

XY has many decent clothes, but the dress selection for girls are limited and poor. And for males there should be a jacket. I'm not bothered by wearing a hat but they do need cooler ones. I'd love an Animal Crossing style of clothing in the future where you can make and customize your own clothes. And face/height/weight customization would be nice. I would say age but I don't think that would work in Pokemon.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Wah, this thread is sinking!
I was wondering what you guys thought of my look! I really loved the customization feature. Believe me, it was probably the best feeling in the world to finally enter the awesome Lumiose boutique (that was a long time ago, though!).
I also just recently picked up my Discount Coupon, although it might not be that useful, as I didn't change my look ever since I got the one I'll show you in a second. But I'll probably spend it on something that costs a lot that I could add to my collection.
[IMG139]http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/75810309692be098ef11e3b1c4068eb5990048.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/631501cb35bf404a1611e3b7c5068eb5990048.jpg[/IMG139]

Really love my eyes, shoes (black baskets) and jeans. Oh god I love them.

I'd like to see yours! Especially if you're a girl; girls have so much things to wear, I'm almost jealous!

Last edited:

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
^ Hot. ;)

I love this feature. Normally I have so much money sitting around after beating the E4, but I blew it all this game!
I like being able to change skin and eye color, and some of the outfits can make you look like you are a college student. I wish that girls got the Pangoro hat though...

Last edited:

AegiSwag

Everything I wear is boutique couture. It's like the Louis Vuitton of pokemon.

I hope they keep trainer custimization feature in future games D: (talkin about any remakes and gen 7+)

As for XY I think there was a decent amount of clothing and I hope the pokemon "Z" will have even more options too choose from including more unique poke-outfits (like the pangoro hat/slurpuff dress)

Last edited:

Goten21

Everything I wear is boutique couture. It's like the Louis Vuitton of pokemon.

I know, right?
I sometimes go comfy, just for the heck of it :p

With my male character, I never wore anything else
With my female character, I try to be creative sometimes, though
(irl I'm a male, just to clerify that xD)

Arcanineblitz

Sadly i dont think we're going to get any new clothes until the next game =/ i really want a magma hoodie or something.

Why arent there any pokemon themed buttons? Someone at gamefreak must of thought of that atleast!

But yeah, i think this is only the beginning of customization the next step should be giving accessories to you pokes (my dragonite wants to wear a pretty pink bow dammit!)

Treasurepanda

They need moar emo things. My style is limited to mostly girly stuff. I only like wearing black and white

devondashla

My biggest pet peeve is with the hair moreso than the clothes. In all of the other games, we have really cool looking out-there characters, like Silver's fire-truck-red hair, and N's long green ponytail (I would love my character to have N's hair), but then for options in-game at least for boys there are only 3 hairstyles, and then as some special reward, we get to have a perm. And also only 4 color options.

Squeevee

夢に夢に夢見る
...I think what a lot of you are forgetting is that this is the first (set of) game(s) we get with customization. Of course there aren't going to be a million choices for us to pick from; GF's testing the waters. I'm sure that in subsequent games we will get more.

The only thing that surprises me is that GF didn't go down the 'gimmick' route very much. In other words, there aren't clothes from characters in the anime (Ash's outfits, Misty's outfit) or more Pokemon-themed ones.

devondashla

...I think what a lot of you are forgetting is that this is the first (set of) game(s) we get with customization. Of course there aren't going to be a million choices for us to pick from; GF's testing the waters. I'm sure that in subsequent games we will get more.

The only thing that surprises me is that GF didn't go down the 'gimmick' route very much. In other words, there aren't clothes from characters in the anime (Ash's outfits, Misty's outfit) or more Pokemon-themed ones.

True, it is hard to forget that. Considering that this is the first game with customization, it is impressive--but it still leaves room for improvement, which I guess is natural for the first games in a new generation. It's usually the latter games that fill in the cracks, so that we look forward to new content.

I'm grateful for not having a gimmicky set of clothing options. Just imagining that makes me cringe.

Lazy Lucario

I'm just disappointed that there seems to be a lot of items coded into the game but you still can't use them, like some hats, glasses and more that NPCs wear or things that are just randomly displayed in the different stores. What's up with that. They say to express your style but I can't even wear glasses like I do in real life. That's pretty silly... Otherwise it's not that bad. I mean I bought every clothing item there is to buy...

Drawingum

Pokeartist
I agree with you, I feel like there is so much more things we could custom about our character, maybe it will come as DLC later :s
Some NPC have really cool outfits (like the Kimono Girls) I wish I could buy and wear as well ^^

imran3

Nothing much...
What about height and weight.

Oh well, my friend said those clothes from the Lumiose Boutique suck. I seem to like them, but if I leave my 3DS, he just goes and changes my clothes. He likes the original clothes, without the sunglasses and socks. Well I guess some people have different tastes.

Drawingum

Pokeartist
Heigh and weight maybe a little difficult to add, it would mean more work on modelizing (I hope this is the right word) clothes and everything, making different characters... But it would be nice to have something like this features (event if we have to chose between 2 sizes)

imran3

Nothing much...
Yeah the modelling would be hard and all.

Wish there was something to change you skin colour. Possibly tanning or face treatments.
But only reasonable skin colour. I don't wanna go look like a zombie in the game or Wi-Fi battles.

And I really wish you could wear those sunglasses. It'd look cool in PR Videos.

Drawingum

Pokeartist
When I bought the game I thought we could change skin color during the adventures (to one of the two other basic skintones), it would have been nice if GF did something this this :s
I also wish we could change the character's expression in the PSS (like smiling, winking etc..)

Aetius

I too was a bit disappointed of the limited choice of clothes that we had in the game....
But as everyone here said, this was the first game implementing the customization feature, so I'm sure that in the Z version (and surely gen 7) we will be given more clothes to wear.
In any case I guess in my next playthrough in XY I'll chose Serena, just to see how would I look like if I was a girl. LOL

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
What annoys me about customization is the fact boys get so few clothing choices than girls.

And that I couldn't buy the girl outfits! It's my pokédollars damn it!

When I bought the game I thought we could change skin color during the adventures (to one of the two other basic skintones), it would have been nice if GF did something this this :s

Why would you think that? It's not a tan, it's the skin tone. It's not like the character is Michael Jackson. They made it so you could play an avatar close to your (or desired) skin tone. I was so happy they put that in that I legit took time out to appreciate it as a feature.

In terms of the set skin tone getting darker/light, that would be best utilized with the return of the seasons. Considering there aren't any in Kalos, there really was no point for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.