• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainer Customization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myles Fowl II

Silent Sentinel
Funny story: For the longest time, I didn't know you could remove the accessory category item. As for character themed clothing, here's a recipe to look something like Red:

Red Logo Cap
Red Striped Shirt Combo
Blue Skinny Jeans
White Ankle Socks
Red Sneakers
Brown Vinyl Messenger Bag

I definitely see a resemblance when I do that. If someone else can post a picture of that for me, I'd appreciate it.

But I have to agree! the guys get next to nothing clothing wise. I'm disappointed to say that the only reason I didn't have all the clothes before clearing the game was because the Bamboo sprig hat isn't available until then and that I didn't feel like shelling out a crapton more money for another color of something from Lumiose boutique. There was so much missed potential.

We also could use more hairstyles for the male character as well. I mean, i'm a fan of the medium perm and all, but I think some new hairstyles are in order. Also, how about just a few more hair colors? Plus I want normal glasses that I can actually put on my face. Just some ideas.

As far as clothing goes for the male trainers. There was really only two things that I wanted that the female trainers got. An option for long hair, and the long trenchcoat.

I do love the contact lenses though. I wonder why other similar games don't have an option such as this?

imran3

Nothing much...
And NPC hair styles and clothes like they put on the online game?

That'd be a nice idea.

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
...I think what a lot of you are forgetting is that this is the first (set of) game(s) we get with customization. Of course there aren't going to be a million choices for us to pick from; GF's testing the waters. I'm sure that in subsequent games we will get more.

Actually it's not the first game with customization. I believe that distinction belongs to Pokemon Battle Revolution. Speaking of which I wish they would bring back the pokemon costumes and other cool pieces of clothing in X and Y. I liked the Groudon costume and many of the "looks" you could get in that game.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
Actually it's not the first game with customization. I believe that distinction belongs to Pokemon Battle Revolution. Speaking of which I wish they would bring back the pokemon costumes and other cool pieces of clothing in X and Y. I liked the Groudon costume and many of the "looks" you could get in that game.

Yeah, I personally don't care for the Slurpuff Dress, and I wish girls could have gotten the Pangoro hat. There should be more pokemon themed clothes.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Yeah, I personally don't care for the Slurpuff Dress, and I wish girls could have gotten the Pangoro hat. There should be more pokemon themed clothes.

There definitely should have been a headband with a horn attached to it in the shape of Absol's. :D

Also they should have made a Jynx dress for girls and Mr Mime outfit for guys. Just so you can dress your character like a freakshow.
OMG, and a metal armour in the shape of Aggron's iron plates. Would be so cool. And it should make your footsteps sound like metal. :D

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos

It's PBR that makes me wonder why we can't obtain NPC outfits here :<

Though I guess the boss outfits were designed specifically to be worn by the basic characters...

I still want that Kalos Ranger's outfit...

Last edited:
All I want is the option to remove the hat. I don't care if I look like the rival if I were to play as the opposite gender. I don't like hats.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
All I want is the option to remove the hat. I don't care if I look like the rival if I were to play as the opposite gender. I don't like hats.

Came in here to post just this, while it's not that I like hats, I'd just like to have the option, I quite like my char when I get to see him without the hat after a haircut.

This would also open up to more hair choices, if you could take it off.

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
Oh well, my friend said those clothes from the Lumiose Boutique suck.
The only one of those clothes I like is the fedora, and I don't have enough money to buy it.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
The only one of those clothes I like is the fedora, and I don't have enough money to buy it.

Really? my trainer is pretty much dressed straight from the Luminose boutique. I love the clothes there for the most part.

Pokemon x trainer.jpg

Last edited:

Curo

Water Trainer
The male characters need more clothes. I want my character to look more unique. I've done pretty well with what the game already offers, but still. I know there have been complaints like mine. I've always thought they may release more clothes or something through an update. That's why I didn't mind the dex being so low...I figured there would be a lot of event pokemon to come out via wifi. Maybe more clothes will still happen.

Surprisingly, I put together an outfit from stuff bought in Lumiose that is nearly identical to an outfit that I already wear in real life. As for the clothing, one way to fix the issue would be to have several different layers of clothing and just have a color option to them. Like for instance, instead of buying that black or white open shirt in Lumiose, why not just have an option to buy the default color (which could be black), and then having an option to switch to a different color (for free) in the dressing room? That would add a lot more variety to the clothing options (especially for males, who seem to have been shafted in customization options). The Pangoro hat should have been unisex as there is nothing about it that really says "male only". Same for the trenchcoat (the male veteran trainers got to wear them in 5th generation, while the gambler trainers from Sinnoh also wore them). I don't know why only female trainers get to have it.

Honestly, and this is just a hypothesis, part of the reason why males seemed to get shafted in terms of character customization options (as opposed to the females) comes from the social norms of society. Males are not supposed to be about fashion and style. The females are. Men are supposed to only have the extreme basics to get by. Long hair and "stylish" outfits are unmanly, while the perm is "pushing it". And these aren't the rules that I made up, you see them every day. Often in many jobs, the male must have a clean shaven face and "crew-cut" hairstyle, while the woman is allowed to have extremely long hair.

My very first job was like that. I wanted long ebony locks, but company policy wouldn't allow it. Meanwhile, my female counterparts had hair that went down to their knees. Even at work many years later, I still occasionally get a couple of coworkers asking me if I will cut my hair, saying that I am "unmanly" and that because I'm a guy, I can't have long hair. It's almost ironic how 6th gen is supposed to be about "style and beauty" yet it also seems lacking and restrictive at the same time...

But I digress. Here's hoping that "Pokémon Z" or whatever Gamefreak calls the third game will have more options...

NidoKingTrainer

How do I get started, the feather on my guys cap and his black t shirt is really annoying, I went to the changeroom but I only own brown jeans...?

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
How do I get started, the feather on my guys cap and his black t shirt is really annoying, I went to the changeroom but I only own brown jeans...?
What do you mean? Go buy more clothes and change them to whatever you want?

Shop Locations:
Lumiose City - Requires you to be stylish in Lumiose city.
Cyllage City
Laverre City
Anistar City
Snowbelle City
Santalune City

Each shops wares change everyday, go visit and buy whatever you want and mix/match so that you dont only have brown jeans...

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Oh thanks didn't know I had to buy them, can I buy a face change to? I am 25 I dont like my kiddy character

You can only buy clothing and hair style changes.
The only thing about your characters body you can change is eye color and that's done with contacts you get from a lady inside the pokemon studios.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
You can only buy clothing and hair style changes.
The only thing about your characters body you can change is eye color and that's done with contacts you get from a lady inside the pokemon studios.

Can change their hairstyle and hair color as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.