• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainer Customization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir TEPL

Royal Trainer
..I can't even wear glasses like I do in real life.
That is the same with myself, I wear glasses also. It would be a good option!

All I want is the option to remove the hat. I don't care if I look like the rival if I were to play as the opposite gender. I don't like hats.
I'm not a big fan on hats either. They annoy me.

Orangejuice

Boys need at least more colors. While I understand why they gave girls more clothes with all those skirts, dresses and stockings, I don't understand why the boys have such a limited color palette. (Ironically, there is a lot of pink and red stuff for boys, but hardly any green, blue or yellow clothes).
As for the girls, it kinda annoyed me, that most of the tops where sleeveless and the only jackets had a bare midriff, which made them technically pretty impractical. Finding the right top to make a female character look elegant or cool instead of cute or sexy was also a little bit hard.
I also hope you can keep the makeup you'll get when doing a PR Videos during the whole gameplay in the next game. I want to give my trainer the same freckles I have.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I agree it's kind of bittersweet that although they added a feature that I'm sure most of us never expected but they limited heavily so it wasn't too exciting. after a while I find myself wearing one outfit for months at a time.

Sir TEPL

Royal Trainer
Boys need at least more colors...
...I also hope you can keep the makeup you'll get when doing a PR Videos during the whole gameplay in the next game. I want to give my trainer the same freckles I have.

I agree.
The lack of colors on not only clothing but also as others have said, hair, is quite annoying.
This I'm sure could be fixed by a "small" update.

The fact that those 3 Legendary's were found could mean that either they will be available via an event update, or, just there so X/Y can play with Z (could be Z exclusive pokemon)
If via an update, hopefully they add more colors and clothing.. otherwise they darn right better add so much more in Z..

The Mustache

I'm starting a new adventure now. BOY or GIRL? I love customization and I've been a boy before and I got tired of always using the same combination 'cause I didin't like the other clothes........ btw I'm a boy in real life

MelonGerbil

Dragon Master
The girl clothes werent colorful enough and they had a weird looking dress instead of the panda hat so I started over a few weeks ago but already collected everything a d finish the game.

I dont mind being a boy on the game. Atleast my outfits are better.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
I was really disappointed with the whole system.

Limited hairstyles AND colours? So frustrating! What I'd give to have blue hair. D; Plus I couldn't remove my hat. -__- SRSLY?!

I guess it was kinda fun making the limited choices into something extravagant. :p I liked coordinating the colours a lot, too. But still, I'm really disappointed. :C

(I hope this is not considered as bashing) xD

AcidArmor

Limited hairstyles AND colours? So frustrating! What I'd give to have blue hair. D; Plus I couldn't remove my hat. -__- SRSLY?!

I guess it was kinda fun making the limited choices into something extravagant. :p I liked coordinating the colours a lot, too. But still, I'm really disappointed. :C

It wouldn't quite be a pokemon game if the main character doesn't have a hat.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
It wouldn't quite be a pokemon game if the main character doesn't have a hat.

Touhou and pokemon share the "Always using a nice hat rule". Uts pretty much how the game goes.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Baby steps, man.

This is the first time we ever had trainer customization. It will be much better in Gen 7, trust me.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
does the lumiouse city VR studio allow your to pick and chose the clothing? so far any shops have made a whole outfit if you want to buy just one item.

PokemonCarnage

Water Expert
Customization was a awesome idea.
1, it was a cool, new feature to have :D and i am constantly changing the look of my character
2, it would be even better if they had 'pokemon contest' and we could customize our character, and for our outfit to 'reflect' points if they match or have a theme with the pokemon we use :D

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I change the looks of both my trainers often, I have both X and Y so I get both the male and female customization options. My girl trainer has a lilac purple outfit on right now and I was thinking of changing my boy trainer's clothes, what else am I going to do with the 3-4 million dollars I have in both versions? Blow it on clothing. :)

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I do have a few oufits for my character that I have saved, some on whims and some on purpose. however I do have 2 different outfits that I use for the character in general. did change hair style/color from the default to custom and don't really plan on changing it much either.

if be interesting to see how ORAS will add to the current set.

Princess Sapphire

Master Expert
I, too, like being able to decide how the character looks. But I also feel they could have put in more options

To me, there were too few choices among what I could pick. I am a full-length dress kind of girl. Yet, the longest skirts available were only knee-length. And I am in full agreement that the hats should be an optional accessory, not something that is figuratively glued to the character's head. I am not a hat/bandana kind of person. Personally, almost every hat I see, I deem as ugly, or as my mom says, "yoo-guh-lee"

Plus, maybe, if one gets enough hype or style, they can be given the option to actually design clothes to add to the list. Attire that is specific to certain cultures should also be considered. Turbans and tunics in India and Arabia, beret hats in France, Kilts in Scotland, etc.... Heck, Pokémon started in Japan, and the customization doesn't even have Kimonos available. Tsk, tsk, Game Freak

And a few more hairstyles can be added, I think. Knee- or ankle-length hair, and more color options. Like, I'm sure some people are wild about intense dyes, in crazy colors. Bright greens, extra-dark reds, and even blues

Overall, the feature has a good start, and I hope they will actually listen to us fans and add on stuff in future games

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
I want to get Y so I can go through the game with Male customization (if not only for that Pancham hat). My girl on X usually switches between Lumiose and Snowbelle fashion, mainly with black and white colors.

I'd like to see customization in future games, but as has already been pointed out, GF seems to like to troll its fans by removing certain (good) features when the next game comes out. Plus the customization more reflected the French influence of fashion and style, so when you think about that, it's easy to see why it could become exclusive to XY. I really hope it's not, since it was a great start, and it's been something the fans have wanted for ages. It'd be cruel if they took it away after one game.

I mean even in ORAS, they could have left a bit of the customization in the Contest department. I'm not a frilly pink kinda girl, so being forced to see my character wear it in every contest is silly. I would have been happy with a simple color palette to choose from, tbh. It would have been especially awesome to see certain outfits for each specific contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.