• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainer Customization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Man, I thought the custom trainers were meant to go hand in hand with Pokemon going global! Y'know. Representing the different types of people with the choice of skin tones, and letting everyone express themselves more. (Heck, even a game like PBR gave us that option with its Custom Trainers 7 years ago) That seems so bass ackwards to me, to confine such a feature to one particular country. What a lame step backwards if we don't get it back.

And I actually like that idea of having costume selection for different Contests.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
character customization was one of the big reason why i got X. there were other reasons ie pkmn i want to get but i never was a big fan of the default character design. even the XY options are limited at best for what id like to put on my character.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm trying to start my sixth run on Pokémon X, and I want it to be gothic-themed.

However, I can't seem to figure out which gender I should use. The male has the perfect hairstyle for it, and lots of black pants, but the female has so much more stuff overall, plus torn stockings. I'm leaning a bit more towards the girl, but I'm still not sure.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'm trying to start my sixth run on Pokémon X, and I want it to be gothic-themed.

However, I can't seem to figure out which gender I should use. The male has the perfect hairstyle for it, and lots of black pants, but the female has so much more stuff overall, plus torn stockings. I'm leaning a bit more towards the girl, but I'm still not sure.

you could try blak felt hat, ruffled tank black, black pleated skirt (kilt or not), torn stockings or any dark color sock/stocking and some dark shoes or laced boots. i tried this one though i went with the grey stockings. i tried to get something as close to Roxie from BW.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
you could try blak felt hat, ruffled tank black, black pleated skirt (kilt or not), torn stockings or any dark color sock/stocking and some dark shoes or laced boots. i tried this one though i went with the grey stockings. i tried to get something as close to Roxie from BW.

Since I've decided to go with the female, I'm going to try this out. Thanks!

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Since I've decided to go with the female, I'm going to try this out. Thanks!

np, i like that outfit though i decided for something with yellows,whites and orange for the time being. i found the black pleated kilt went better with the grey knee socks but thats just me.

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector
This is the one and only reason I got Y. I had no intention on getting it after I had a bad time with Gen 5, but the second my friend told me customization was in, I went out and bought it. I really hope the reversion sticks with the remakes, and they bring it back in Gen 7 (yeah, I know they said it's a feature of Kalos, but I can still hope).

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I never thought I'd see the day that a custom avatar of mine would rock a fedora...

but he looks so damn good! Especially with his black Chucks, cuffed long sleeves, and stressed blue jeans. Does that make me a bad person? Discuss, internet.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
I loved the character customization in the game...I'm just sad it wasn't in ORAS. I really hope they bring it back in Gen 7..

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
This is the one and only reason I got Y. I had no intention on getting it after I had a bad time with Gen 5, but the second my friend told me customization was in, I went out and bought it. I really hope the reversion sticks with the remakes, and they bring it back in Gen 7 (yeah, I know they said it's a feature of Kalos, but I can still hope).

Something tells me from Gen 7 onward, we'll be creating our characters from the ground up at the beginning of the game, starting with "Are you a boy or a girl?".

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Something tells me from Gen 7 onward, we'll be creating our characters from the ground up at the beginning of the game, starting with "Are you a boy or a girl?".

maybe, maybe not. GF likes to leave out some popular things from the games. im still hoping they'll bring back customization.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
maybe, maybe not. GF likes to leave out some popular things from the games. im still hoping they'll bring back customization.

I think Trainer Customization will be replaced with Trainer Creation. We'll be able to create ourselves a trainer, but we won't be able to change the appearance.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I think Trainer Customization will be replaced with Trainer Creation. We'll be able to create ourselves a trainer, but we won't be able to change the appearance.

if so how would that work if you cant change the clothing? skin tone and gender is easy to be included and maybe the facial characteristics. if so then the characters cant be too distinctive. they include a set of clothing combos where its a package deal without any single item that could be swapped out. that way you can have different clothing and make it easier to program the character's appearance.

Last edited:

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
You guys remember that Travel Case item that was revealed in X and Y's coding? Maybe that's a hint towards Gen 7 having character customization, and being able to change your clothes on the go. Just a thought.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
You guys remember that Travel Case item that was revealed in X and Y's coding? Maybe that's a hint towards Gen 7 having character customization, and being able to change your clothes on the go. Just a thought.

thats news to me, looks like we finally have a bag to stuff all those items. on a side note, its kind of weird that the characters have bottomless purses/handbags lol.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
They apply Dungeons and Dragon's logic. The Bag of Holding, which is like a pocket dimension in a bag. lol

nel3

Crimson Dragon
They apply Dungeons and Dragon's logic. The Bag of Holding, which is like a pocket dimension in a bag. lol

lol, i though they stole Hermione's bottomless bag.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
if so how would that work if you cant change the clothing? skin tone and gender is easy to be included and maybe the facial characteristics. if so then the characters cant be too distinctive. they include a set of clothing combos where its a package deal without any single item that could be swapped out. that way you can have different clothing and make it easier to program the character's appearance.

My guess is that we'll create our character during the introduction of the game.

Pretty much, when we get to "Are you a boy or a girl?", we'll start the creating process. As in X & Y, following " Are you a boy or a girl?" will be "What do you look like?", only this time it will be more in-depth.

Of course, there will be the default character looks to choose from, but there will also be a Create Your Own Look (or something like that) option. There, we will create our trainer's entire appearance, and once we're finished, that will be it.

That's my idea of it, anyway.

That concept is known as Hammerspace. It is the fictional element of a small opening containing an inifite area of space within it. Bugs Bunny's rabbit hole, TARDIS, and Mary Poppins' bag are popular examples of Hammerspace.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
My guess is that we'll create our character during the introduction of the game.

Pretty much, when we get to "Are you a boy or a girl?", we'll start the creating process. As in X & Y, following " Are you a boy or a girl?" will be "What do you look like?", only this time it will be more in-depth.

Of course, there will be the default character looks to choose from, but there will also be a Create Your Own Look (or something like that) option. There, we will create our trainer's entire appearance, and once we're finished, that will be it.

That's my idea of it, anyway.

i dont mind that at all. any sort customization will be good to see it come back to the series.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
Yeah. I was really bummed when customization wasn't in ORAS. It's one of the things that turnt me off from it. That and I honestly don't like Gen 3 too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.