• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainer Customization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

outoftheordinary

Dreaming of Greece
I just want to be able to remove hats. I don't want to have to be forced to wear a hat.

I don't mind the hat to be honest. I think the little red hat the female character wears is cute, haha. But it would be nice if you could take it off whenever you wanted. One thing I don't like is the sunglasses sitting on the hat >_>

I think this is easily one of my favorite new features!
I agree with the sentiment that they should let you get costumes to match in game NPC's IE: Schoolboy, Ninja,Ace Trainer etc.
I look forward to seeing the full set of customizations; and HOPE they throw in a few retro sets. Could be cool to make your trainer look like they did in silver or ruby

FireChick

Last I checked, I saw someone's player had pale green eyes. I wonder if girls can wear capris?

saldu

Hm, I thought we could change our hair color and eye color.

I'm currently a bit after the first badge and can tell you the following:
There are 4 hair styles (on the back of the head) for female: long(you start with long if you choose the middle pre-set), medium, bobbed and short.
5 hair colors: black, dark brown, light brown, orange, blonde.
2 styles for the front: bangs, parted.
So far. Maybe there will be more barbers in other towns with other options.

I also got a contact lens case which can change the eye color: Brown, Hazel, Green, Blue at the moment.

igotmilk

Miltank Trainer
I'm currently a bit after the first badge and can tell you the following:
There are 4 hair styles (on the back of the head) for female: long(you start with long if you choose the middle pre-set), medium, bobbed and short.
5 hair colors: black, dark brown, light brown, orange, blonde.
2 styles for the front: bangs, parted.
So far. Maybe there will be more barbers in other towns with other options.

I also got a contact lens case which can change the eye color: Brown, Hazel, Green, Blue at the moment.
Haha they have my real life eye color: hazel. >: D Now, if only we had confirmation on if we can remove the hats.

saldu

In the "passersby" column of the PSS, I just saw a head without a hat. It even looked like an old guy, quite strange.

Sorakh777

Pretty disappointed with the "Very Short" hair option at the first salon (I'm assuming it's the same throughout the game), atleast it looks really short with a hat on... That you're forced to wear lol

Whitefire321

What am I doing
Watch, hat removal will be postgame.

I don't care, as long as we can remove hats, which we can, apparently. A few people on another forum have done it. They need to post infos on it :\

I love how everywhere I go hat-removal is the biggest thing in these threads XD

abdulmuhsee

So multiple people have asked about facial hair now, but nobody seems to know. Perhaps everyone with the game ATM is playing as a female?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Any words on scarfs ? Can we buy scarfs, or at least coats with a little scarf on ?

Shadow XD001

I'm glad there's a lot of customization in terms of outfits.It would be kinda bleh if it was just what you started out with at the beginning.

I'd actually like to know about the options for the bags you carry. I've seen screenshots with different bags for the female player character, but they all appear to be the same or very similar purse-style bag type. Like others in this thread, I'd much prefer a tomboyish and/or geeky female character, so I'd love to ditch the purse for a messenger bag or backpack, or virtually anything else. Does anyone have any information on that?

(Also only tangentially related but someone please tell me they didn't color code parts of the UI according to player character gender this time...)

AshenWolf

The Winter Wolf~
kinda suprising that no one, (those that already have X/Y and beaten elite 4) haven't post anything about customization yet.

Last edited:

DANB0

Unknown Trainer
993710_1423688391187984_1034250286_n.jpg

Not a picture of me, but I'm pretty sure this confirms hatless option.

Status
Not open for further replies.