• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainer Customization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have to say, the new trainer customization feature is one of my favorite new aspects of the game. It actually makes me want to go out and buy new clothes and stuff.

It's one of the best features to be honest. I literally spent like 20 minutes yesterday trying to determine how I wanted my character to look. Granted, I still think the customization feature is a bit limited particularly when it comes to hair color, but all the different accessories look great. Dressing up the female character is so much fun.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I was expecting to get more variety in hair colors since this game was never afraid to give characters unusual hair colors (coughClaircough). It would have been cool if your character could have blue or pink hair.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Oh my Glob, u' guys! I found this like.. totally goregous magenta (that's a color, right?) jacket in this store, and it totally match my waaaaaaay overprized pants that I got from Boutique Couture. My hat is still a black beanie because.. well.. The beanie-section kinda never update. Only the camo one, some ugly logo hats etc.
And in addition to that, y hair dresser-lady keep talking about that creepy tall guy while dying my hair hot honey.. something. It's basially a bit darker shade of blonde..

Zamin

How can I take the sunglasses off of my hat? They are really annoying!

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Yeah I can easily say that this is one of my top favorite features in this game, it's so much fun to make outfits and to see what other people come up with. I easily spend hours trying out new items. I kind of wish though that some of the items could layer like the Sleeveless Turtleneck with some sort of jacket but overall it's still a lot of fun. I don't know about everyone else but I'm finding myself trying to collect all of the items. It's a pretty costly endeavor though.

Also I must say, I feel bad for the guys they have so much less to work with then female characters but they do get a cool Pokemon hat.

Last edited:

bobri28

Get your snacks
I really like this feature, I am so sick of the trainer clothes. They have looked so similar since black and white (for the male trainer at least). At last I can show off my true style in a pair of beige chinos!

Aetius

Yeah I can easily say that this is one of my top favorite features in this game, it's so much fun to make outfits and to see what other people come up with. I easily spend hours trying out new items. I kind of wish though that some of the items could layer like the Sleeveless Turtleneck with some sort of jacket but overall it's still a lot of fun. I don't know about everyone else but I'm finding myself trying to collect all of the items. It's a pretty costly endeavor though.

Also I must say, I feel bad for the guys they have so much less to work with then female characters but they do get a cool Pokemon hat.

Exactly what I meant with amiss....
It's not like the male clothes were bad in the game, but it felt like there was no variety in the clothes...
However it's also true that in reality I do wear pretty much the same thing; it's just the color that changes.
I just hope that they will give us new clothes via the E-shop. :D

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
This lovely little feature really helps make the game feel like a more personalized adventure :3

Though I would kinda like the option to sport one of the trainer class uniforms. That Kalos Ranger outfit is GAR tier.

! Q

I do what I want!
It's about dang time this feature was added! FINALLY I can make Q's look mach his hipsterness!

Kokoromori

Isshu's got issues
I am extremely jealous at the variety of clothing for females, but everything for the males looks so bland and boring.

Rakansen

ラルフ
I am extremely jealous at the variety of clothing for females, but everything for the males looks so bland and boring.

Eh, I think the male ones are okay, I really like the ones in the Lumiose Boutique, sadly they're awfully expensive. :(

I was really hoping that we would be able to remove our hats, since the only hair that matches with hats for the guys is the medium perm one.

mirberry

Hi, hi! I was hoping that this is the place to say this. If I'm wrong, or if this information is no good, then please feel free to delete!

I didn't see it on the listing for Trainer Customization on the main website, but I have unlocked and purchased a Ribbon Smock Top in pale pink for the female trainer! I believe that it was in Laverre City, but it could have also been Anistar? Whichever one sells those tops.

Just thought I'd share!

Griever789

Hm I hope this idea is expanded upon in futher games, like maybe next gen they'll just let you custimize completely. But I understand the lack of variety more or less is just testing the waters and seeing if people like this. I do hope clothing is released as events or something, like you get a mew and a special piece of clothing to go with the pokemon.

Hm I found if I combined the blue coat with the blue hat on the female I can sort of look like Naoto from persona 4

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
do you think they will RELEASE new clothes as an event? or even in eSHOP? It would be really cool!

I hope we get new clothes for holidays. I mean, Halloween is coming up. It would sure be cool if we could get special clothes for the holiday, or even for Christmas in a few months. I would love to see people dress up as witches or zombies while battling for the Elite 4, lol.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I agree. I'm not surprised at the lack of stuff for males though. They probably thought girls would be more into that or something...

Guys like to dress up too ya know. :/

Well, japan is more traditional.

^Magenta clothes? I'm there!...Once I get the games.

Puma Italia

Is there any other place you can change your character's hair? I have a few people on my friends list who have a different hairstyle than any of the ones listed on the Trainer Customization page.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Is there any other place you can change your character's hair? I have a few people on my friends list who have a different hairstyle than any of the ones listed on the Trainer Customization page.

I believe you can at the salon.

Status
Not open for further replies.