• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainer Customization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
The fact that you can't take off the hat or the head accessory is silly. I mean calem/serena can remove them but you can't? C'mon! But regardless, i found snowbelle's shop to be the best. Cool t-shirts and cool pants. Still have my red splatter paint t-shirt and my blue cuffed jeans with red sneakers and it's exactly the kind of clothes i tend to wear in real life.

magentaman

The fact that you can't take off the hat or the head accessory is silly. I mean calem/serena can remove them but you can't? C'mon! But regardless, i found snowbelle's shop to be the best. Cool t-shirts and cool pants. Still have my red splatter paint t-shirt and my blue cuffed jeans with red sneakers and it's exactly the kind of clothes i tend to wear in real life.

You can remove accesories, just select the one you have equipped again.

SoulSilver Eric

Really wish more hoodies were available in different colors, but overall, I'm really happy with the trainer customization options.

I really hope they expand on the clothe and hairstyle options when pokemon z(just calling it that for now) comes out.
While females have more clothing options through dresses I still feel they are lacking in categories like casual and cool clothing. I am really missing clothes like the Ace trainers and pokemon rangers wear. It seems like females only have three options, sporty, elegant and cute.

Either way, I am endlessly happy that we get to customize our characters and it can only get so much better from here on.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
My character's current clothing

sundae_zps66bccea8.jpeg

Artificial Flower Pin (Pink)
Felt Hat (Pale Pink)
Brown contact lenses
Brown hair, Ponytail style with bangs
Sundae Dress
Ribbon Purse (Pale Pink)
Knee Socks (White)
Mary Janes (Pink)

The Brown-White-Pink colors turns her into Neapolitan Sundae lol

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Agreed 100%. How could they have missed the opportunity to give their male players shorts? After nearly two decades of love for the Youngster who originally reminded us how comfy and easy to wear they are, GameFreak must be slapping themselves on the forehead at this oversight.

The girls are lucky to have so very many more options. This is a nicely deferent gesture for the female players of a game where there originally was not even an option to play as a girl, though, so I try not to feel too jealous. ^_^;

Ugh, halve the girl's clothes were pretty much skirts. If you're not a girly girl like me, they're wasn't a huge choice, especially for shirts.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I love the blue trench coat that you can get from Snowbelle City (whichever the one the Abomasnow is standing in front of the shop) I like to wear long things : D Which makes me a little sad that we don't get hoodies, but parkas that don't even go down to the belly button. I'm like, what the heck?

But hey, I'm just glad I got to customize my character : )

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I love the blue trench coat that you can get from Snowbelle City (whichever the one the Abomasnow is standing in front of the shop) I like to wear long things : D Which makes me a little sad that we don't get hoodies, but parkas that don't even go down to the belly button. I'm like, what the heck?

But hey, I'm just glad I got to customize my character : )

I love that jacket. Took me awhile to see it was a dress. Yeah, the parkas went less down my arm than my shirt.

Hiss13

Psychic Lover
I love that jacket. Took me awhile to see it was a dress. Yeah, the parkas went less down my arm than my shirt.

That jacket and the black jacket are my two favorites. With regards to the Parkas, the Halter Tops were much better alternatives and much cuter.

Onyxsbayne

Not that Crazy
The olive outdoors cap looks just like my hat IRL, I even have the green pin to match my GIR pin I wear! I feel so alive in this game :D

Izayoi

The Sealed Weapon
Everytime I went to a new Boutique I would scream in a girl's voice in my head "Oh my god! Look at these clothes! They are like, soooo cute!"
..And I would facepalm and laugh at myself for liking to dress up girl characters despite being a heterosexual guy.

I even made my Trainer PR Video extremely cute. I...I don't know what to say about myself.

Anyway, here's a picture of my Trainer:
b046d730-516b-11e3-99bf-068eb5ad0ab9.jpeg

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
So many things about the male clothes make me want to bang my head against a wall.

Short Boots Black - They look great, problem is the laces are blue. Actually, that's not even a problem since it matches the original outfit so well. The problem is they aren't actually black boots, and there are no actual black boots. Girls have black boots.

Short Boots Red - Are you kidding me with this!? It's like a deliberate inverse of the 'black' boots. You have Calem's jacket in red, give us black boots with red laces. If you think guys can wear red boots you should let your mother dress you, for your own good.

All hat buttons - DO NOT tell me Game Freak didn't ever think to make a PokeBall as an Accessory pin/button. It's simple, classy, and a nice way to remind yourself that your character is a Pokemon Trainer. The girls have some nice options, but the hat accessories for us are all terrible.

Logo Caps - Its ugly, plain and simply. Remove the logo and gave us normal baseball caps. Give use Red and/or Hilbert's hate. Either of those would have been great.

Plaid Shirt Combo - I like plaid shirts, but it's clear looking at these tops that Game Freak couldn't really show plaid well on such a small character. They could have recognized this, removed the plaid which would have given us red & gray versions Zipped Shirt Combo. (Which IMO is the best top.)

Chinos - My problem with them is similar to the black boots in that I actually like them, but I'm mad they exist because I know someone at Game Freak was thinking "Khakis? We already have the Chinos." They don't look like khakis and every man owns a few pair of khakis. You can't have checked pants and not khakis.

I could continue but don't know how many people would even read up to this point. I just really needed to vent. I'm an understanding person, I know how much went into this game and I could understand if there were things they couldn't do or couldn't fit, but they flat out burned us guys. The girls don't just have more options, they have better options, there are very few combinations for us that actually look good.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
With regards to the Parkas, the Halter Tops were much better alternatives and much cuter.

Yeah, I agree. Too bad there are only two different Halter Tops. I want a Green/Yellow/Pink/Purple one.....

If they ever give us free downloadable clothing, I hope more Halter Tops are on the list.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I personally enjoy the red/white striped outfits from Lumiose. For some strange reason, they remind me of old baseball uniforms. Shame that I can't find the panda-hat though, as then I could dress up my character as a member of the 1960s cubs.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Really wish more hoodies were available in different colors, but overall, I'm really happy with the trainer customization options.

magma hoodie, i will be waiting for you in the next installment or in this one as dlc. Now that would be da sh1t.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
My Character in Pokemon X Version: WILLIAM

(in my signature)
probably going to buy black bag in lumiose city (100000 I think)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I personally enjoy the red/white striped outfits from Lumiose. For some strange reason, they remind me of old baseball uniforms. Shame that I can't find the panda-hat though, as then I could dress up my character as a member of the 1960s cubs.

Panda Hat is in Kiloude, which means post-game. You have to talk to an NPC while wearing certain kind of clothing.

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
I'm currently wearing the Slurpuff dress, pale pink hate, pink flower accessory on the hat, long pink socks, and pale pink shoes. Got my pale pink ribbon style purse too! PINK IS THE COLOR OF NOW!

worldwaker

Elebug disaproves
i've went about 70 hours into my game and not customize my character much(only because i changed eye color)then i decided to get some stuff.apparently it stirred something up in my brain,because i find my character much more pleasing to look at. what my first change looked like was:
knit cap(black)/w red feather
hoodie(green)
cuffed jeans(blue)
sneakers(blue)
two tone bag(black)
second(made me broke):
fedora(black)
zipped shirt combo(black)
cuffed jeans(blue)
loafers(black)
vinyl messenger bag(brown)
(also,can someone tell me how to put the pictures you take in game on here?)

Does anyone know if changing your clothes to a certain style will improve your style rating (or whatever it is called)? Trying to get into that last Cafe in Lumiose City

Status
Not open for further replies.