• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainer Scenario - Your Pokemon doesn't listen to you. What do you do?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
In this Trainer Scenario, your Pokemon doesn't listen to you, what do you do? For this scenario, there are commonly two main reasons why a Pokemon won't listen to you and with that, even more reasons behind those reasons.

Your Pokemon evolved or is at a very high level that is beyond your control.
T6uHS5T.jpg

Tyranitar, a Pokemon that evolves at Lv. 55, is beyond Silver's capabilities as a trainer.

Very well-known one. Your Pokemon evolved, in it's mature state, at a very high level and it doesn't listen to your commands. This is one way of reflecting how badges work, as the stronger your Pokemon gets, the more harder it may be able to control. Some good examples are Ash's Charizard because it saw Ash as a weak trainer, Dawn's Mamoswine who was kind of spoiled and for the image above, Tyranitar who is a extremely high-level final evolved Pokemon that is known for it's terrifying rampages. Pokemon like Tyranitar, Salamence or Hydreigon which are known for blindly going berserk are definitely some great examples of Pokemon that may serve as a test of your skills as a trainer. As some people may know of Ash's Charizard, these Pokemon aren't afraid of attacking their own trainers if you annoy them.

Your Pokemon has lost faith in your capabilities as a trainer.
Ba0Fkti.png

X's (or Xavier's) deep depression severely damaging his friendship with his Pokemon.

In the games and pretty much almost every adaptation of Pokemon, if the trainer has confidence, so does the Pokemon. If the trainer worries, so does the Pokemon. The bond between trainer and Pokemon is a very very important and integral theme of Pokemon and because of this, your actions as a trainer can not only strengthen your friendship with your Pokemon but it can also destroy it. There can be several reasons behind this, a trainer losing confidence in him or her abilities as a trainer over time, a trainer not listening to his Pokemon or making use of it's strengths or in X's case in the image above, severe depression for a long period of time which sometimes affects more mature "adult" Pokemon but it can severely damage your relationship with Pokemon in their youth, especially baby Pokemon.

With that being said in this trainer scenario, if you realize your Pokemon doesn't listen to you, especially a potentially long period of time, what do you do?

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
*brandishes a rolled up newspaper*

If I was a trainer, I see myself talking to my Pokémon a lot, so depending on the Pokémon I'd try to ask what's up, but there's probably some pros out there who would be able to give advice (in person or through written word--as a bookworm, I'd track those books down) about any potential reasons your Pokémon's disobeying and give advice on what to do. But regardless, the best a trainer can do is to just love them no matter what. Treat them no differently than before the change, but be prepared to change your approach should the scenario call for it.

nila8000

In the event that I was a coach, I see myself conversing with my Pokémon a great deal, so relying upon the Pokémon I'd endeavor to ask what's up, yet there's likely a few experts out there who might most likely give counsel (face to face or through composed word- - as a savant, I'd track those books down) about any potential reasons your Pokémon's defying and give exhortation on what to do. In any case, in any case, the best a mentor can do is to simply adore them regardless. Treat them no uniquely in contrast to before the change, however be set up to change your methodology should the situation call for it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’m a pretty patient person and I’ve always been the person who reaches out to help someone who needs support so I’d talk to it and try to see the root of the issue.