• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainerclass Glitch/Fake Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Yoshi~

Hello,

I am from germany but because of some distribution devices I own and because I want to play some games in english anyways to learn the language and especially the Pokémon and some item names in english more I bought two american generation 4 games. One of them is Platinum which I am also playing right now. Especially if I buy NTSC game here in the PAL region I am a bit sceptic about if the game is fake or not, for me it seems like 50% are and most of the time you discover it after taking a closer look onto the label. However this game looks like the original and also feels like it, interactions with other games and so on are no problem.

But one thing which I don't understand happened. During the day (maybe 30 minutes ago) I was able to battle against police officer Danny on the southern section of Route 212. I think I talked to him but that doesn't work with the other police officers and I also didn't fight them. Usually they can only fight you at night, from 8pm to 4am. I am a little bit confused about that since the time on my DS is delayed by one hour, so it is 16:00 there now.

I hope I find andyone here who knows a little bit about that, I also looked through the glitches in Gen 4 or trivia facts. I don't know if that could be an evidence for a fake game because things like this shouln't be possible to happen. :/

Edit: I solved the case, if you save in the same place at the right time where a Jogger or Police Officer is and quit the game/wait you can still battle the trainer even though its not the right daytime. I saved yesterday evening on south Route 212 and so I was able to battle against him even though it wasn't the right time anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.