• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Trainers Against Clones" club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alakazam

I like cheerios.
may i join? when i heard about this "helpful" cloning glitch, i didn't even try it.
Because i believe that Pokemon should be cared for and respected,instead of being forcevly cloned.

p.s.lSkittyl, i love your banner!!!!!! how did you make it?
That banner is one I got from ArcanineDarkCrow.

Do you have any event Pokémon, and if so, which ones?
I stood in line for 1 hour to get Mew, I also have a pre-order Jirachi and am soon to get Manafi from Ranger.

Skitty

A.K.A Skitty on #SPP
My uncle got me Mew at Toys R US, i coulda gotten more than one though :(
EDIT: I did the right symbal in your name but it shows up as a ?.

Last edited:

Emuritto

I had Lugia, Ho-oh, Mew, and Deoxys but my brother deleted my game cuz he was jealous I got to got to the events :(

Leebui

Questionable...
I finished it, but I had to make it a tad bigger. Btw, why isn't the new thread up? I asked for this one to be closed, then made a new one a week later, but none of those had happened...

As for event Pokes...

I got Jirachi from the US bonus disc, Celebi from the JPN bonus disc,
Mew from TRU, Deoxys from my friend that traveled to Houston (I still say the Deoxys was cloned >_>), Manaphy from JPN Ranger from a ceratin SPPf member and of course Darkrai and Sheimi from the glitch.

Yes, I just pwned everyone at this new discussion. xD

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
A few questions....

When you're trading over Wifi, how're YOU gonna know if they're legit or not? You're not.

And HOW exactly can you stop clones from getting on Wifi, if you can't even tell the difference?

You can't. People will clone and trade, and there's really nothing wrong with that, is there?

With cloning, people in Austrailia and other countries can finally get access to rare event Pokémon, or version exclusives because they've nobody to trade with.

The downside? Completing the PokéDex will be a little be easier.

Wait.... that's a downside?

EeveePower

Umbreon 4 President
I agree with this clubs policy but i don't want to join as i don't have room for another banner and i don't want to remove my current one, LOL :)

Anyway yes there is a way for people to trade without having to worry about it being duplicated.

1)Create a club that only has trustworthy people and only trade with those people.
2)Don't trade.
3)Buy both games and trade among yourself.

Besides that there is not much YOU can do unless you can show every single player whats so bad about cloning/duping.

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
1)Create a club that only has trustworthy people and only trade with those people.

-- And even then, people can and will clone behind your back. =P

2)Don't trade.

-- Haha, you'll never complete the Dex unless you shark....

3)Buy both games and trade among yourself.

-- That doesn't solve the whole trading from Gen III problem. =P

Besides that there is not much YOU can do unless you can show every single player whats so bad about cloning/duping.

-- I've yet to see what IS bad about cloning.

EeveePower

Umbreon 4 President
Ok so every pokemon you catch will be "useless" as the "best" traits/shiny/nature/ev's pokemon will be cloned.

Meaning that :
1)Breeding is useless , you can just trade any pokemon with whatever stats/traits/natures/ev's will be cloned like hell meaning that breeding is useless as you can just trade them for one of your own pokemon.
2)Catching pokemon is useless , see 1.
3)Legendarys/rare pokemons will be cloned like mad , meaning that they won't have any tradevalue anymore and soon everything exept PERHAPS a shiny will be worthless.(screwing up every trading possibility for the game and thus ruining the gameplay)
4)With every pokemon with whatever stats being available for nearly nothing as they'll be mass produced , you'll never find a "weaker" pokemon.Thats really annoying if your trying to train/breed your pokemon properly which is in my eyes the biggest part of the endgame.
5)I can continue about this...Basicly it all comes down to this, "If you play without cloning , you'll play longer as you'll have more work with breeding and training , if you clone all your pokemon and trade them for other clones , you'll quit playing soon as all thats left is battleling vs other people with exactly the same pokemon"(just look at netbattle if you don't believe me, i see a total of 25-30 diffirent pokemon being used exept by the very few UU players)

/EP

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
Ok so every pokemon you catch will be "useless" as the "best" traits/shiny/nature/ev's pokemon will be cloned.

So? The Pokémon that are EV traied and what not are the superior ones. Is that a problem?

Meaning that :
1)Breeding is useless , you can just trade any pokemon with whatever stats/traits/natures/ev's will be cloned like hell meaning that breeding is useless as you can just trade them for one of your own pokemon.

Yes, breeding will become obsolete, except for D/P Pokémon.... because you can't clone in D/P.

2)Catching pokemon is useless , see 1.

Good, now I can save my money for Vitamins, as opposed to PokéBalls.

3)Legendarys/rare pokemons will be cloned like mad , meaning that they won't have any tradevalue anymore and soon everything exept PERHAPS a shiny will be worthless.(screwing up every trading possibility for the game and thus ruining the gameplay)

I fail to see how this ruins gameplay. If you don't want to get rare Pokémon via trades then..... don't trade. -_-

4)With every pokemon with whatever stats being available for nearly nothing as they'll be mass produced , you'll never find a "weaker" pokemon.Thats really annoying if your trying to train/breed your pokemon properly which is in my eyes the biggest part of the endgame.

Get a clones Pokémon, breed it to get a "weaker" version. OR, GOD FORBID..... you catch one yourself.

5)I can continue about this...Basicly it all comes down to this, "If you play without cloning , you'll play longer as you'll have more work with breeding and training , if you clone all your pokemon and trade them for other clones , you'll quit playing soon as all thats left is battleling vs other people with exactly the same pokemon"(just look at netbattle if you don't believe me, i see a total of 25-30 diffirent pokemon being used exept by the very few UU players)

You obviously don't Netbattle often, because the metagame is nothing like that.

Read everything inside the bold tags.

PsiUmbreon

The new thread has been approved. Also, Paperfairy, this is not a debate forum, this is a place where people who agree on something can gather and it looks like you're not one of those people against cloning, so I have to ask you not to post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.