• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Trainers Against Clones" club

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also buying a new game to store pokemon would be a waste of money, people ahouldn't have to buy new games just because of cheaters. I would say nintendo would do somthing about it if gamers are having to do this, but as mentioned earlier this means more money for nintendo with more games sold, but surly Nintendo cant be that low?

Leebui

Questionable...
And also buying a new game to store pokemon would be a waste of money, people ahouldn't have to buy new games just because of cheaters. I would say nintendo would do somthing about it if gamers are having to do this, but as mentioned earlier this means more money for nintendo with more games sold, but surly Nintendo cant be that low?

Yes, that's the main point, but the fact is, whatever method he describe is totally pointless, as if everyone was unwilling to trade, a trading system would not be made.

Nintendo being low? Well, every corporation's priority is to make money, so they like the item of having people have two or more of the games.

Ash's Pika Pal

some have to let go
How about if say shinies for instince were to enter wi-fi, they would get scanned. If the same exact everything was on that Pokemon then it would be detected and couldn't go through,because Wi-fi would already have that data on a Pokemon just like that exact one. If another one came in that Pokemon couldn't go through. Maybe Wi-fi could hold a chart on every Pokemon that enters and get it divided up,so the info is always with the player. Meaning,everyone could check that info. That includes,nature,gender(if it has one),secret ID,etc... Heck,maybe they might even be able to tell where the Pokemon came from. Was that too confusing?

Leebui

Questionable...
Ash's Pika Pal said:
How about if say shinies for instince were to enter wi-fi, they would get scanned. If the same exact everything was on that Pokemon then it would be detected and couldn't go through,because Wi-fi would already have that data on a Pokemon just like that exact one. If another one came in that Pokemon couldn't go through. Maybe Wi-fi could hold a chart on every Pokemon that enters and get it divided up,so the info is always with the player. Meaning,everyone could check that info. That includes,nature,gender(if it has one),secret ID,etc... Heck,maybe they might even be able to tell where the Pokemon came from. Was that too confusing?

It wasn't confusing, but a similar idea has already been posted a while ago, and I kinda explained why it wouldn't work.

1. If Wi-Fi did that, it'll be god awful laggy. It has to keep data for everyone who plays Wi-Fi, divided it among IP addresses (so if people restart, there info wouldn't be cleared/useless space users), and Nintendo doesn't WANT you to know secret IDs, besides, all the Pokemon you originally caught yourself should have the same secret ID anyways. Of course, the main point is, it'll be laggy. You know how terrible lag is? Lag will eventually slow down connections so much that there's no point in going on Wi-Fi anymore.

2. It may not make a difference to you, but a system as complicated as that will eventually fail. Rather by someone finding a flaw in it (it's complicated, thus more errors), or systematically (it kills itself due to programming bugs).

Oh yeah, umm checking "all" the info is great and all, but that kind of attracts hackers. Also, secret IDs are all 0 on promos (except the PAL Channel Jirachi), so how would you be able to know what to "ban" when everything has the same secret variable?

Most importantly, I like that we'll be productive on ideas here, so don't think I'm just here to kill off everything you have (even though I have been, sorry).

It's just that I have to tell you guts that no every idea always works. So don't think I'm here to ruin your day, I'm just here to be realistic to you guys, :D

Mli

Cykelpedal
...this is on the 6th page now...

imo there's no idea to try to come up with an idea to make nintendo fix this, they just won't do it. but we can make this club for the group of people that want legit pokemon, and then you can believe whoever you want. (damn i hate my english xD hope you understand me :p)

Dinaria

These are real fears
I haven't been around for a while, but I just checked back in and updated myself on what's been going on. Hi to all the new members ^^
trade all the clones into the other games so other people cant get the clones.

Then let me ask you this, why did you make clones in the first place?
I think s/he might have meant you could go to Wi-Fi, get some clones someone else made, and then store them away. But I'm not sure at all. xD But that doesn't seem any logical either so I'm probably wrong.

Enperuto Rulez

A true dragonite fan
in sayin buy a game you dont need look for trades for clones trade them so you have the clones in your game and other people cant get them.

Leebui

Questionable...
in sayin buy a game you dont need look for trades for clones trade them so you have the clones in your game and other people cant get them.

Umm, okay, that's easier to understand. However, if they cloned once, what makes you think they can't clone again? You can't snatch up every clone they make you know, because they can make an infinite number.

Leebui

Questionable...
get as many as you can

Right, but the cloners can easily recreate more than you snatched up with little to no effort (unless they're cloning via D/P's method, that's more risky).

I really appreciate you trying though, you gave this thread a little life by posting, as it was starting to die off. Why don't you join our cause Dragonite lover?

By the way, I've PM'd all pending members, so if they really wanted to join, they will actually support us (via link and banner) when they post elsewhere. Yay! lol

Ash's Pika Pal

some have to let go
I didn't know hackers could do that. Maybe there could at least be a place on Wi-fi to separate clones from the real thing. Just like if you could separate cheaters... The problem with that is they would lie. Or, how about if they are caught lieing they could get warnings and possibably a ban from Wi-fi(if they keep on lieing.) Also, if you know who was lieing then you would know not to battle and trade with them.

Leebui

Questionable...
Yeah, so to prevent all that (or at least try to), we should post all our friend codes here when D/P is released in the states (it'll slowly spread throughout the rest of the world afterwards) so we can trade with each other, which will reduce the chances of cloned and hacked Pokemon.

XDBonsly, we'd have to restart the whole thread to make a poll I think. (I never used vBulliten because it's not free so I don't know).

Status
Not open for further replies.