• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainer's Choice Incorrect Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xanderfox

I've noticed at least twice the "Trianer's Choice" answer has been wrong.

Q: Which Pokemon Evovles into Seviper
Correct A: None, Sevivper doesn't have prevolutions.
A Given: Arbok

Q: Which Pokemon would last longest vs a Psychic attack. Mystrvious, Poochyena, Teddiursa
Correct Answer: Poochyena, Dark Types are immune to Psychic attacks, thier for it would last FOREVER.
A Given: Teddiursa

Any other examples of the "offical" answer being completly wrong?

Capt.Miko

Flapjacks!
Q. Which Pokémon would be best to use against Plusle and Minun? (Treecko,Torchic or Mudkip)

Correct A: none of the above

Given A: Mudkip (Must of thought it was part ground-type like its evos)

Heracross

Custom User Title
The whole "Trainer's Choice" business was old months ago. Honestly. Even I'm sick of hearing about it, and I hate the dub. :/

Kabuto

little punks!
The whole "Trainer's Choice" business was old months ago. Honestly. Even I'm sick of hearing about it, and I hate the dub. :/

Yes, I'm tired of hearing this as well. The sad thing is that 4Kids probably doesn't know a hundredth as much about pokemon as we do.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Its not so much the trainers choice that I'm sick of, nor is it the fact that they were wrong every other epiosde. What annoys me is that people still seem to have some sort of obbsession with the whole Seviper/Arbok fiasco. Whenever you think you've heard the end of it, BAM! Its back in all its loathsome, "4Kids ish dum, yo!" glory.

CoolTrainerTerry

Rising Trainer
Definately the Mudkip > Plusle & Minun.
I shout out Treecko, the answer came up as Mudkip, I'm like, NO IT AIN'T!
Same with the whole Teddiursa one being best against Psychic. I guessed Poocheyena, and it said it was wrong.

Medea

Excalibur
I remember one of the Trainer Choice's asked what was the best choice to battle Kirlia. I don't remember the other pokemon in that category or what episode it came from, but they said Combusken was the best choice to beat Kirlia.

kingboo30

Dynamo Trainer
Medea said:
I remember one of the Trainer Choice's asked what was the best choice to battle Kirlia. I don't remember the other pokemon in that category or what episode it came from, but they said Combusken was the best choice to beat Kirlia.

Fighting is Kirlia's strengths and combusken is fighting so Combusken would be bad anyways. Fire is just normal so I don't know where they got that from.

T

ToonKid

Rezduis said:
Teh 4Kids is Clueless......
yea true, good thing they just lost the rights to pokemon, tho we still get 21ish more episodes dubbed by them

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
This is assuming they stop dubbing it. However, on that day I will celebrate.

Arbok -> Seviper was funny at first and making fun of 4Kids was all great when it first happened but its gotten old. Granted it's their worst screw up but they've made others.

I don't see why they can't just use the Japanese eyecatches. They've OMG save money. Though since when has 4Kids giving a Rattata's rear about saving money?

R

Rezduis

Only if they stop the saying their own name thing (I am getting rather sick of it by now!)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The Big Al said:
I don't see why they can't just use the Japanese eyecatches. They've OMG save money. Though since when has 4Kids giving a Rattata's rear about saving money?
Its probably because they're just boring, static images (then again, the same could be said for a lot of actual episodes!). I'm shocked that they even kept any sort of eyecatch in the first place, so I guess we could count our blessings, so to speak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.