• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trainer's Choice Incorrect Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magus

Fog Trainer
kingboo30 said:
Fighting is Kirlia's strengths and combusken is fighting so Combusken would be bad anyways. Fire is just normal so I don't know where they got that from.
They probably assumed from its appearance that Kirlia was part Grass.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Another theory is that they assumed Wakashamo was effective against the Ralts line after seeing it own Sirnight in the second AG opening.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
The Big Al said:
I don't see why they can't just use the Japanese eyecatches. They've OMG save money. Though since when has 4Kids giving a Rattata's rear about saving money?

The Professor Oak thing they do looks a lot more interesting then what we've got.

G

Geki

Since 4Kids stopped dubbing, maybe it will be more simular to the original. Also, people won't have to complain about the Seviper evolves into Arbok mess that happened months ago.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Geki said:
Since 4Kids stopped dubbing, maybe it will be more simular to the original. Also, people won't have to complain about the Seviper evolves into Arbok mess that happened months ago.
Ugh. They DIDN'T stop dubbing, they stopped merchandising. 4kids will still be dubbing Pokemon, wether you like it or not. -_-

And the Trainer Choice thing is so old I'm getting sick of it. "omg @bOk ev0lv3 int0 s3vIp3r!1 4cr2p R t3h sUxz!!!111"

Seriously, STOP your complaining people. =/

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
We'll complain if we feel like it. You can't stop us. If you don't want to see complaining, get off the net.

They haven't stopped dubbing. I wish they did but sadly those pinheads have yet to surrender their dubbing contract.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
The Big Al said:
We'll complain if we feel like it. You can't stop us. If you don't want to see complaining, get off the net.
What I was mostly getting at was the Arbok --> Seviper thing (which is the most cliched trainer choice complaint). The rest, you can complain all you want, since they're well, not old.
They haven't stopped dubbing. I wish they did but sadly those pinheads have yet to surrender their dubbing contract.
This, I will agree with.
Rezduis said:
Only if they stop the saying their own name thing (I am getting rather sick of it by now!)
4kids has NOTHING to do with Pokemon saying their names all the time. ¬¬ Now, will you stop repeating that crap. Seriously, it's getting annoying, even more than the Arbok evolves into Seviper thing. ¬¬

Last edited:
R

Rezduis

But it ruins them.......(A cool looking thing acting like a goofball,no way!)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Rezduis said:

That's how Pokemon talk. The 8-bit cries in the games are part of Nintendo's shoddy production values. Especially in the 3d ones like Colosseum and XD, it's painful to hear those horrible 8-bit cries when Pokemon come out of their Pokeballs.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
CyberCubed said:
That's how Pokemon talk. The 8-bit cries in the games are part of Nintendo's shoddy production values. Especially in the 3d ones like Colosseum and XD, it's painful to hear those horrible 8-bit cries when Pokemon come out of their Pokeballs.
At least they sounded better in stadium. I still love how Grimer sounds like a toilet flushing. Why did they take a step a back for the cube?

Back on topic
It would be nice that if they actually had the common sense God gave lettuce and researched these things so they wouldn't screw up. I know people have tried to justify it but it's just plain stupidity.

Arbok -> Seviper is old. Use something from season 8 to b*tch about it.

R

Rezduis

Yes they should stick to animal sounds for some of them,but not all of them (I feel sick everytime i watch Pokemon)

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Rezduis said:
Yes they should stick to animal sounds for some of them,but not all of them (I feel sick everytime i watch Pokemon)
Than don't watch it anymore. :eek:

On Topic:

That little "Mudkip is best against Plusle and Minon" thing...they should actually look into the ACTUAL Pokemon, other than it's evolutions, otherwise, that trainer choice would've been accurate.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Rezduis said:

If that comment was directed at Grovyle, you should know that Juptor was nowhere near like that in the Japanese version. For that matter, quite a few Pokemon in the Japanese version don't actually say their name, while they do in the dub (Coil, Porygon, Onisuzume). As for the ones that do say their Japanese name, quite a few of them manage to mix it into an animalistic growl (the afforementioned Juptor, Airmudo, the entire Poppo line, etc.), or saying it in some kind of way that fits them (tough-looking Pokemon speak lowly, Satoshi's Cotoise had a high-pitched voice which nicely suited its crybaby personality, etc.). As for Pokemon (the cute ones, anyway) saying their name in the first place... it's just some kind of anime cliche. Cute mascot creatures in Japan have a tendency to speak their own name, usually for the effect of increasing their cuteness (and several of them manage to do so quite successfully, I might add).

xXFallenButterflyXx

cherry BLOSSOM.
There's this one Trainer Choice that went like this:

Ash's Voice: Trainers, which one of these was my original starter that I left Pallet with? (I really can't remember how it went but it was something like that. >_<)
Choices: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Correct Answer: None
Answer Given: Squirtle

._.U

~;173; Fallen

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Fallen_Angel said:
There's this one Trainer Choice that went like this:

Ash's Voice: Trainers, which one of these was my original starter that I left Pallet with? (I really can't remember how it went but it was something like that. >_<)
Choices: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Correct Answer: None
Answer Given: Squirtle

._.U

~;173; Fallen
...Actually, that was correct. His first choice was Squirtle, but the Pokeball was empty.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
That was the BEST Trainer's Choice 4kids made, as you actually had to think a bit about it.

That and only people who have watched the very 1st episode would be able to get it right. :D

Ah, Squirtle was a great Pokemon. He better return one day.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
I forgot to mention, the exact question was "Trainers, which one of these Pokemon was my original choice as a starter." The way you (Fallen_Angel) put it was "Trainers, which one of these was my original starter that I left Pallet with" ......4kids aint that dumb. >_>

And, agreed CyberCubed. That was one of the best and accurate Trainer's Choice ever.

Last edited:

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
Well, if Pokemon USA decides to do something else, it might as well be "WHO'S THAT POKEMON?" with the music for the current theme. Or if they redo some Incorrect Trainer's Choice, for the one with Seviper, it might as well have Jesse say "Allright, Twerps! Which one of these Pokémon did I have BEFORE Seviper?" and after "Okay, Twerps. If you chose Arbok, you're correct!"

Status
Not open for further replies.