• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Training Angry.

Watchog

Lv. 50
Have you ever tried to train a pokemon with others around the same level, and it always gets koed in one hit! then you're like ARRGH!!! and shift your most powerful pokemon? lol.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
Not really. If I thought I'd get 2HKO'd or something I'd switch out, or chuck Exp Share onto something.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
That normally only happens to me if I pick a Pokémon near the start of the game, which I usually tend not to do. But in Pokémon Gold, I'd catch a Zubat in the cave, and it would be so annoying to train. Mainly because you get it at around lv3 and it's only physical move is Leech Life until lv12 when it learns Bite. Another one is Togepi as it can't do anything until it's lv7, and even then Metronome isn't the most reliable of moves when you're trying to train.

Watchog

Lv. 50
That normally only happens to me if I pick a Pokémon near the start of the game, which I usually tend not to do. But in Pokémon Gold, I'd catch a Zubat in the cave, and it would be so annoying to train. Mainly because you get it at around lv3 and it's only physical move is Leech Life until lv12 when it learns Bite. Another one is Togepi as it can't do anything until it's lv7, and even then Metronome isn't the most reliable of moves when you're trying to train.

Those are very annoying. Mine would have to be, specially that time when i was training my Ninjask and afther getting it all boosted and ready to attack' it was 1 hit ko'ed by Audino. that really got my nerve!.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
1 hit ko'ed by an Audino? Now that is bad. How many level higher was it?

What makes you think he was playing a 5th gen game?

PsiOmega

An old soul
I'm training a team of level 1s currently. So yeah, I can relate.

SuperEpicRock

Yeah, that happens to me all the time when I train a team of 4 for the first few gyms, and then try to add another poke later on, and catch it at a much lower level. The solution is exp. share, which is a life saver in terms of training low level pokes.

Legate

Usually I just use switch outs until I get an Exp.Share, I rarely get angry. I do however level all my Pokemon up in 5s so I do get a little annoyed if one Pokemon needs a lot more help than others.

Zevn

Lost in Translation
No, never.

I don't use frail pokemon.

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
Happens to me a bunch on my Ruby with my Vibrava. It has gotten quite tough to train it.

zozo

SLIMED!
Heh, happens all the time to me. :) I'll be leveling up a team of pokemon in the Giant Chasm or something, and I'll get really impatient with a level 20ish pokemon and throw it into my first slot. In every case, I know I'll be able to get through a few Audinos and gain a pile of levels in a few minutes IF luck is on my side. But it never is. ;)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm currently playing through Sapphire, and basically this.

Goddamn Electrike, you and your not learning a decent Electric move until Lv. 20.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Pokemon should gain experience points REGARDLESS if they win or lose! Just make it so that the winner gets more. Pokemon should not be winner take all.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Whenever sh*t kills whatever I am training. I ALWAYS bring out my payback

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
Pokemon should gain experience points REGARDLESS if they win or lose! Just make it so that the winner gets more. Pokemon should not be winner take all.

It's fine how it is. Its been like that for five generations, and it isn't changing now.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
I get annoyed when I'm looking for a specific pokemon that is very common and all I run into is another pokemon that is less common. For example: I'm looking for bidoof and I run into about 20 starly. -.-

Calamity™

aka Lamia

I can sort of get what you mean, seeing as the losing Pokémon has still battled. However, I suppose you'd want a Pokémon with good experience in winning, not losing, so it does kind of work. And as TQ said, they've kept it this way for five generations now, the system will most likely never change.