• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Training! Captain Pikachu (007)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1243.jpg

Training! Captain Pikachu​

As they head towards Liko's home in the Paldea region, Liko and Roy have decided to train under Captain Pikachu to improve thier skills in Pokémon battles. However, neither Sprigatito or Fuecoco are a match for Cap but this causes Liko to realise something. Will the training go well?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

RetroPokeFan

Pretty decent training episode where we get to see Captain Pikachu toy around with Liko's Sprigatito and Roy's Fuecoco for a bit.

And it looks like there's also another member secretly on board with the Rising Volt Tacklers... and they may just have something to do with that Nidothing we've been seeing a lot.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I loved this episode. I loved seeing Liko show off her skills, she's clearly the more strategic one in battle and actually analyzes the situation. Also two new moves and a win, hell ya :).

Karnage

Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike
The past 2-3 episodes, we didn't get as much of Liko's introspection and nervousness so I'm glad we got more of that.

I'm also incredibly glad that not only is she not getting left behind in terms of battling, she's doing better than Roy! Seeing a female protagonist battle again is going to be so much fun, especially since she has a more analytical battle style.

An advantage of having an experienced adult trainer around is that it gives you a clear comparison to where beginner trainers are. Friede vs Amethio was fast paced with not much explanation, whereas Liko vs Roy was slow and they both took their time getting the hang of it. The realism is appreciated, especially the part where they spam the elemental moves. All of us did that as kids .

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
That Pikachu is all cool

Untill a Mimikyu appears and opens a can of whoopass on him

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
@Dephender Do we know what Liko realized from the training?? The summary seemed to hype up something and am curious what it could be.

Gryphon4tw

I read it on a Japanese forum that this is the episode of PM2023 to have an exclamation mark in the title.

*Solaris*

Fine episode, Appreciate the kids wanting to get stronger. However after seeing the first half, I'm now seriously questioning Conia's battling skills cause how did she lose to Liko?

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
ifwx2vj1nu0b1.jpg

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Also suprised people aren't talking about this, but apparently Rayquaza is in Paldea. Lol, still don't think that's a real Rayquaza, this just adds to it lol.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was an actual Rayquaza.

Area Zero, the key location for the story, exists within the Great Crater of Paldea. The crater could have been easily created by some sort of meteorite which would link it to Rayquaza, since Rayquaza is heavily tied to the concept of meteorites.

But it would be interesting if it wasn't a real Rayquaza.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Solid episode. While not animated spectacularly, I'm glad we got an episode like this. Liko and Roy needed to get their partners some training after what had happened against Amethio.

So this Dot character is Murdock's niece from what I've gathered? Weird. Not in a bad way, but I thought she'd be unrelated to the rest of the group. I'm curious to see what her character will be like going forward. Will she be the third member of the young party with a starter at her side, like Liko and Roy? Possibly.

Anyways, kudos to Liko and Roy for understanding that it's not just about spamming moves in battle. That's gonna help them a lot when they have to confront the Explorers again. Speaking of which, is this the first episode where they don't make an appearance? I'm assuming they'll come back once the group reaches Paldea, but it's a bit of a surprise.

Next week doesn't pique my interest too much, but maybe that'll change. See you guys later! Have a good one!