• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Training! Captain Pikachu (007)

*Solaris*

I do like how Roy wants to get stronger knowing full well that you can't just step up to a Legendary Pokemon with a singing croc by your side. Power of friendship won't help you there..

Not really, it showed that Fuecoco had been beaten in battle which Amethio did, regardless of fainting or not. There's nothing in that picture that hints at a specific battle. Unless the battle ended with both Roy and Fuecoco being passed out with his pokeball being next to him, that wasn't a prediction. I think because Roy was being pushy and shouting, she just got annoyed and took him down a notch.
I think it was more Dot was being openly honest with Roy and answering his question by saying. "Roy you're literally going to be turned into dust if you battle that Rayquaza now"

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Was she? Do you mean the part where Quaxly enters her room? I remember that bit but I just assumed it was someone else's room.
Murdock told Friede to be careful because there were "children" on board.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Liko proved to be a better character than i thought she would be in this episode, she wants to get stronger so she can protect those who are dear to her, something that most female characters before her lacked, Liko is a big improvement for female characters in the Pokemon anime.
and maybe Sprigatito will fully evolve into Meowscarada and i'm sure Fuecoco will fully evolve into Skeledirge judging from the whole singing stuff and its will to get stronger.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
This series continues to be great.

As much as I appreciated how much past companions, other characters and rivals have grown in their respective rights in the Ash-era it was nice seeing Liko and Roy genuinely struggle as new trainers and even pulling classic newb stuff like spamming their strongest moves without a strategic approach.

One thing I liked about Journeys (and SM) is their attempt to implement more status and stats moves like Swords Dance or Dragon Dance. I hope Liko’s realization with her battle with Cap makes her more open to using more than just straight up attack moves.

Dot seems interesting and that note was seemingly there as a warning sign that Roy is nowhere near the level he has to be to challenge Rayquaza at this moment. After all Fuecoco is still a baby and Roy became a trainer like yesterday. Sigh I hate to be a pessimist but hopefully if Dot becomes the honorary third wheel they don’t half a** it and have one foot in and another out. She seems interesting enough but I hope she’s not just there to complete some mandatory three man group and that’s it.

This episode was really nice Cap is adorable.

Last edited:

Trey pokes

Captain Pikachu better come to Masters EX or whatever next spin-off cuz I love that BOY! Also, the animation choreography, vibe, and approach to the direction really is helping this series out more than I was expecting.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Dr's Summary - Horizons Episode 007 Review

Rating: 6/10

#The Good:

- Cap just oozes swag.
- I appreciate the show emphasizing the sheer power disparity. At the same time, Liko and Roy are both actively training, which makes for any future successes more earned. The improvement in their battling skills during the second battle was great.
- Background OST isn't super memorable, but generally adds to the scene.

#The Bad:
- Nothing bad per se, but episode was a solid 6/10.

#Thoughts:
- Man, either Cap and Ceruledge are very powerful or Conia and her Golduck flat out suck considering they lost to Sprigatito, and the latter couldn't land a single hit on Cap. Moreover, the rest of the Rising Volt Tackler's Pokemon must just not know how to battle either considering they were getting overwhelmed by said Conia's Golduck and Zir's Rhydon.
- Curious how much Dot/Nidothing will be given focus in this show.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
- Man, either Cap and Ceruledge are very powerful or Conia and her Golduck flat out suck considering they lost to Sprigatito, and the latter couldn't land a single hit on Cap. Moreover, the rest of the Rising Volt Tackler's Pokemon must just not know how to battle either considering they were getting overwhelmed by said Conia's Golduck and Zir's Rhydon.
tbh at this point I just assume she couldn't do anything due to catto being adorable

either way, yeah this episode was some nice training. It feels odd but refreshing to have the protagonists straight up say they don't feel ready and need to train some first

DuskAstral

Sigh I hate to be a pessimist but hopefully if Dot becomes the honorary third wheel they don’t half a** it and have one foot in and another out. She seems interesting enough but I hope she’s not just there to complete some mandatory three man group and that’s it.
I doubt Dot being Hikikomori would become a third wheel.
Although it is possible that Liko will be stubborn and will try to do everything in her power to somehow encourage her friend to leave the room more often.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
A bit of filler, but it's nice to have some breathing room after two trilogies of episodes for Liko and Roy, respectively. Great to see more chemistry between our two leads, and Captain Pikachu is just the coolest. Also, Anne is in the preview, so definitely looking forward to more interactions between her and Liko.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Yup, I forgot my weekly essay... again.
Starting off, we learn that Nidothing has been a passenger on the RVT ship, whose real name is Dot and is Murdock's niece. Of course this would explain who is associated with Quaxly on the ship. It is explained that she hardly leaves her room and that she gathers info, which would be relayed to the crew via Quaxly, and she developed the RVT app, something I wasn't expecting to exist tbph, but hey, at least it has a group chat feature, like WhatsApp, but not.
One thing I do appreciate about this episode is that it showcased the development of Liko and Roy as trainers. At the top of the episode they were literally spamming the same move over and over and the battle ended in a tie, and then during the Captain Pikachu flex-fest, these shortcomings were made apparent and it forced them to work together with their partners and strategise, and this battle in turn made the battle between Liko and Roy towards the end a better experience for them both in the sense that they were able to read each other's movements and not order their attacks blindly.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yeah honestly I dont think Imma count Golduck at all lol, it was a gag and not of any importance either with the way it was offscreened so narratively, I think against Fuecoco is what Liko's first win of any significance and importance is, just as Roy's was showcased next episode.
Cap is my favorite pikachu now , his smug , his cuteness and confidence love Cap so much
Now now, that's recency bias speaking :p
I mean I LOVE Cap, but I dont think anything can replace Ash's Pikachu in my heart, even if his personality remained stagnant after a while