• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Training Daze! (013)

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
I really liked this episode, and it only reaffirmed my desire for Team Rocket to get their own spinoff xD (joking, joking - what would they call it, "Leave It To Team Rocket"?). They were definitely cool and successful before Pikachu and Ash fogged their brains :/

But it really bugged me that they didn't seem to be familiar with the other before their drill instructor introduced them. Either they had some kind of falling out years before and pretended to be strangers, or... I don't know, they didn't recognize each other? But it's kinda hard to forget hair like Jessie's! ;) Maybe the writers just weren't aware of their past, or chose to ignore it because that was all explored seasons ago, and the kids watching it now might not be aware and get confused - still a stupid reason if true.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I really liked this episode, it showed that Team Rocket weren't always failures.

Madame Pika

I recently saw this episode. The whole thing was ruined for me though by James's terrible acting. Really wish I'd been able to find it in Japanese. Anyway, I liked the way it really showed the strength of TR's friendship.

The complete lack of cannon also annoyed me.

Armaldo48

I think this was one of the greatest specials ever. Seeing the past of Jessie, James and Meowth. Competing against Butch and Cassidy. Overall a great episode

10/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Team Rocket's past was like that, huh?
I think that James gave a good fight to Jessie, he prooved that he's better like her in missions of crime.
7.5/10

STICKTOPIA

This is the greatest pokemon chronicles episode imo. I enjoyed seeing how they came together. I support them succeeding in anything as long as it has nothing to do with Ash's side of things. James really has a soft spot. He let go of Meowth's tail just to save them. That's just tough. It's amazing how he was about to do again in that place. If I just the episode up to the part where James was over Jessie and they were breathing heavily, I would have thought they were doing "something else." These guys were literally in the air for all that time.... Ahh James and his bottle caps.... Good times...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wasn't very impressed by this episode, probably because I don't enjoy past events in the anime. I did like how it showcased more of Cassidy and Jessie's rivalry as shown while they ran on those treadmills; just goes to show that rivalries can last years. I thought the scene where James and Jessie first met was interesting, he had such an impressive aura around him, he seemed more serious/confident. They managed to survive in the wild and they put up a great effort during their Red Snorlax drill; I almost wish they put their heart and soul into everything they did, they might succeed. Interesting special, giving us the inside story but I thought it could've been more informative. 4/10.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Good episode, I liked seeing how it all begun, Jessie and James really were more serious back then now. Maybe that tells them if they weren't around Ash they could get back to what they were before Pokemon Emergency episode.
Stick- lol that's true it almost looked like they had been sleeping together, if anyone watched at that point they might think the same lol

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was cool to see how Jessie, James, Meowth became a team, and became agents of TR. Meowth was such a scaredy cat throughout most of the tests. I'm not surprised Jessie kept losing all her partners before finally joining up with James and Meowth. As always nobody gets Butch's name right, and back then not even Cassidy which was very funny.

60/100

ForgottenPearl

After glancing at the Bulbapedia entry for this episode, it seems that the story here contradicts a few of the earlier episodes. However, overall, I thought this was an incredible episode: it was funny, exciting, and fleshed out Team Rocket well.

To begin with, I like how the trio was so casual as they flew through the air, blasting off to some other place. Flashback was used very well in this episode: even a bottle cap can carry with it a number of memories.

I noticed that they claimed Cassidy was the leader of her group: it seemed to imply through the episode that the female is the dominant member of each team. I found that interesting. It was also exciting to see Jessie and James challenge Biff and Cassidy. Meowth was pretty darn funny in how he tried to suck up to Giovanni.

The trio was fleshed out well. They were ambitious and slowly learned how to work as a team. There were also some nice shipping hints laced throughout the episode. And even though they were ambitious and competent, they still had plenty of personality, in contrast to the BW trio. I was surprised, though, to see that Meowth seemed like the least competent member of the group at this time, especially since I’d say he’s the brains in other episodes.

It was funny to see how the Team Rocket facility was so much like a school. James’s injury was amusing too. I also liked the infiltration of the building at the end: funny animation, and the song was chosen well. Plus, it was funny when Butch realized, hey, she actually got my name right!

I liked the team’s renewed commitment at the end of the episode. It’s odd: I kinda pity them and want to see them be successful, but, uh, they’re the bad guys. Nice when a story pulls off ambiguity like that so well.

Oh, and at the end, Jessie said, “Every silver lining has a cloud.” That struck me as an odd line. I think they were going for, “Every cloud has a silver lining.” Not that this is a big deal.

Overall, this is another amazing Chronicles episode.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Recently watched this episode. So that's how TRio started... I wasn't surprised to see Jessie not getting along so well with her partners because part of that attitude is still visible as of yet. The scene where James and Jessie meet up for the first time was good too. I probably wouldn't mention anything more, but this chronicle... is quite good. Overall I'd give it an 8/10.

NPT

Just a member
This spacial was centerd around TR. It was nice to see how Jessie, James and mewoth meet each other and became TRio. The flashbacks perfectly fits in this episode. Cassidy and Jessie's rivaly was intersting and every TR member getting Biff's ... I mean Butch's name wrong was funny.

zhixun

I love this side stories so much and I finally know the story of Rocket Dan. Unfortunately Musashi's character has turned worse than what she was in the anime. Just not like her rude attitude towards Kojiro and Nyarth later in the anime.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I loved seeing how Jessie, James and Meowth first met! Jessie and James seemed so serious and competent like they were in the second episode hee hee, plus I liked when Jessie shared her sandwich. ^^

Gillachu

Banned
Meh, I only liked watching Meowth stuff his face and watching Jessie and James succeed and beat Butch and Cassidy at something...

Zamin

This was a really good episode. It was cool seeing the backstory of Team Rocket. It is great how they worked together. I was so shocked when the trainer was inside the Red Snorlax outfit, I thought it was a real red Snorlax.

It goes to show that Cassidy and Jessie's rivalry goes back also. I like the way they talk to each other.

Also I liked how it featured a snippet of Double Trouble, it is one of my favourite Pokemon songs :D

Last edited:

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Superb episode. Twas interesting to see the TR training facility and what they have to go through in order to get accepted. Also nice to see why Jessie, James and Meowth keep at it every episode and never give up.

ZilverLox

Banned
It was cool to see how Jessie, James, and Meowth got together in the beginning. It was also awesome to see Giovanni again as well as Butch's name being pronounced correctly for once. It was kinda fun to see Jessie, James, and Meowth go through their training course. I also thought it to be kind of funny that Team Rocket's entire flashback occurred in the middle of their blast off. I'll rate this 8 out of 10. :)