• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Training Wrecks! (372)

G

Geki

I just saw it too, seeing as I missed it on Saturday last week. It was a pretty good filler, I especially enjoyed seeing Team Rocket working out, as well as Ash battling. One thing though, why didn't Ash have Grovyle use Leaf Blade on Quagsire when it countered Thunderbolt in the first place?!?!?! He could have won pretty easily if he did.

4/5

That would have made the episode shorter. :p Or maybe they wanted to show that Ice Ball took longer each time.

G

Geki

Yeah, that's true. The battle took up most of the episode though, they kept stalling time by making the same counter effect happen each time.

Team Rocket Admin

I missed this episode, and every episode after the season premier to the "Gaining Groudon" episode. I don't think I missed much.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

The name of the island sucked.... got episode though Pikachu and Grovyle v Walrein and Quagsire was cool

Gaining groudon today and loads of episodes next week (marathon :))

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
The episode would have been nicer if it didn't lead into the Groudon/Kyogre arc(but that's another topic). I liked how Rocky(name of a famous movie series, so it makes sense) used two powerful Water Pokemon and countered their weaknesses with Ice Ball and Quagsire's immunity to electricity. And the fact that Rocky refused to let anyone watch the battle was interesting.

EDIT: I'm a Soultrainer now! Whoo hoo!

PumpedAaron

Bodybuilder Trainer
This episode dissapointed a bit.

I mean, what the hell kinda "Muscle Island" doesn't have any Fighting pokemon, now if there was a Machamp, that would be a Muscle Island >:D!

Battra

An ok episode not one of the best, Jessie had a nice line in this where she asks Meowth where he keeps coming up with his outrages ideas involving Giovanni, the gang working out on the island is good for some of the challenges down the road. I liked the ending nice cliffhanger for the next episode.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think that Ash is very good because he won a trainer that did not loos ever in double battle

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Kinda boring in my opinion. I liked that physical fitness was added to the anime.

Pikachu and Grovyle versus Walrein and Quagsire was epic though. It's nice to see that even in a Filler episode, they remember to add some battling and training.

What was really weird was that Team Rocket attacked Ash and Co. at the END of the episode. This set things into motion for the Team Magma/Aqua finale. 7/10

maybe it's running on blue tooth technology...

Ba Dum Psh!
--
But, anyway, yeah! What was up with that?

The scene at the end of this episode is in the begginnign of "Gaining Groudon, so I though this scene was actually the first scene in "Gaining Groudon". I was under this impression from just looking at the pictures of "Gaining Groudon" first and then this episode, so I was like "Wow, looks like TR appears in this episode pretty early!"

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Walrein again. The double battle between Grovyle/Pikachu and Walrein/Quagsire was very cool. It was interesting how May decided to do the Bicycle exercise, very fitting for her since she loves Bikes. It was cool seeing Ice Ball for the 1st time, and its effect in battle. I'm glad Ash won the battle.

30/100

TheEpicGoomba

I enjoyed this episode. It was cool to see another double battle. I liked seeng Quagsire and Walrein again. I didn't think Ash would win against Rocky,he seemed strong. I enjoyed the working out scenes too.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
4Kids gave us some great lines in this one.

"Where do you get these stories?" PREACH.

"My spleen hurts and I don't even know what one is!"

"Prepare for trouble, this isn't a pleasure cruise!"
"Make it double, you gave me a bruise!"

Eric Stuart gives some good line deliveries this episode.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Meh not amazing, but I enjoyed it a bit.
It was cool to see a double battle, should be more double battles in the anime.
3.5/10