• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Traits ( not abilities)

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Regarding Levitate, the only that I don't like/understand is why didn't the Magnemite family get Levitate?

I actually have a logical explanation for this one: Magnemite/ton/zone are all based on magnets (duh). Along with many metals below the surface, the Earth has a magnetic field at its core. It's highly possible that mite/ton/zone would feel the extreme vibrations produced by attacks like Earthquake because of how it affects Earth's magnetic field. Then again, I cannot explain why they created Magnet Rise is my theory is indeed the case...

As for the traits thing, I have always thought about this and think it's a great idea. It should come naturally to Pokemon and not just be an "ability". Every Pokemon can have a trait along with an ability, such as Krookodile (a Pokemon based on a crocodile) not being prone to super-effective Water attacks because of its typing, or maybe Solrock receiving a power boost during the day and Lunatone at night.

Of course, these are just off the top of my head, but I think it'd be an awesome concept and idea to implement. It would also bring more variety to each of the now 600+ Pokemon and perhaps make some of them more identifiable and usable.

KingWiggins

shinx.jpg
How in world...?
Also, Milotic levitates with its Psychic powers (But can't learn Psychic???)

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

KingWiggins

TheEliteEmpoleon

I agree, but there aren't too many abilities or new traits to accomplish this with. Plus, we don't need our little brothers even more confused about pokemon, do we?