• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trap Smash Sweep

Usatoday

Eternal God
Introduction
Hello all I'm voice of the forest otherwise known as Usatoday and I've been tinkering with this team for several months and am finally ready to publish it. The team centers around two main things A.) Destroying the checks to terrakion, and B.) To trap pokemon for a gorebyss sweep. Enough about this lets get into the team shall we?

Team Preview
abomasnow.gif
terrakion.gif
chandelure.gif
gorebyss.gif
magneton.gif
gothitelle.gif

Team Building Process
abomasnow.gif

The first part in building this team was the idea of weather disruption and since sun isn't as common as rain and sand both of which Abomasnow destroys hail seemed to be a better fit for me, Next came determining the spread the first one I tried was a specially defensive set, however this really didn't benefit me much as it lacked a stab grass move so I next tried a scarf set however this to was bad for me as although the speed was awesome it didn't work all to well So I decided to run the bluff expert belt set.
abomasnow.gif
genesect.gif

Next I threw in a genesect before the ban of course however with a potential plus one blizzard it was all that I needed it to be, however as opposed to a sweeping set I ran a more bulky spread with max hp and dual screens this would allow what ever sweeper I decided on to sweep without hurting itself to badly from hail residue and the hit it would have to sponge in order to set up.
abomasnow.gif
genesect.gif
magneton.gif
dugtrio.gif

Next off I threw in my dual trapping core being able to get rid of any steel type that would wall my sweeper and then give me a headache, however in this instance the team was coming along a volt turn core forcing switches dual screens and my own weather inducer the team now needed some potent threats that would help destroy the metagame.
abomasnow.gif
genesect.gif
magneton.gif
dugtrio.gif
terrakion.gif
froslass.gif

The next two to join the ranks were an abuser of hail and a scarfer, this being a subtitute spiker froslass to troll people hard with dual stab ghost and fire attacks while the other appreciated having three users of ice attacks to destroy landorus therian and gliscor as well as dugtrio to dispatch of tentacruel. However as you see the team still hard two rather large weaknesses fire and fighting hence an infernape with some good prediction could utterly destroy my team. It was here that the team went through a few radical changes to the team you now see below.
abomasnow.gif
terrakion.gif
chandelure.gif
gorebyss.gif
magneton.gif
gothitelle.gif

Now the team seemed a bit more balaced it gave me a set up sweeper in the form of gorebyss and two pokemon that helped take care of fire and fighting the first being chandelure a ghost type who could aslo dispatch of heatran as well as get rid of chlorophyll users with the unique set I whipped up, now gothitelle allowed me to put an end to set up terrakions as well as get rid of gliscor for terrakion just as froslass and genesect had been able to do. So now lets get into the team shall we?

abomasnow.jpg

Abomasnow (F) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Oh abomasnow how annoying you are to find out what set and what coverage have. Take this one fore example with its movepool it can nail any of the weather starters. Earthquake lets me nail a ninetales switch in but more importantly heatran which it seems all of my teams absolutely dread, earthquake also lets me nail jirachi which can be crucial damage for my magneton to be able to kill it off. Wood hammer is there to absolutely annihilate rotom wash politoed tyranitar hippowdon and for the more crucial terrakion switch ins. Now why does everyone assume that because abomasnow is and ice and grass type switching in their scizor is a good switch in for it, I can't describe how many of these things I've blasted with a hidden power fire and dont get me started on the ferrothorn and forretress these things are so stupid to utilize in my opinion. Finally since I found my needed to kill dragons beyond plus one mainly a dragonite and haxorus as with it does about 80% to draonite and 55% to haxorus allowing me to do unimaginable damage to them.

terrakion_by_xous54-d37tnid.png

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat​
- Rock Slide​
- Stone Edge​
- X-Scissor​
Next say hello to my little Oompa Loompa as with the help of gothitelle and magnezone removing landorus therian gliscor and skarmory as well as the occasional gengar i can dispatch of all its checks so that this thing can go on a rampage itself allowing me to save it for late game cleaning assuming they can dispatch of gorebyss which is typically because of a scarfer or spam close combat early game to draw out its counters and switch immediately into gothitelle. However this things one other primary purposes to **** over the sun teams that plague this team especially if they happen to run a dugtrio so I can break its sash as most often is the case and dispatch of it with abomasnow's ice shard. X scissor allows me to nail two things celebi and alakazam both of which kind of troll this team so a bug move into a bad idea to have lying in the wings. Stone edge and rock slide provide me with two rock moves depending on how lucky im feeling and how much power i need to use and finally close combat for close combat everything that is all.

chandelure.jpg

Chandelure (F) @ Salac Berry​
Trait: Flash Fire​
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd​
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)​
- Flamethrower​
- Shadow Ball​
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ground]​
Next off is a pokemon I discovered the joy of using in a deoxys defense team I had made earlier and it worked wonders for reparing the heatran weakness the team had and with base 80 speed compared to base 77 heatran has I can smash its face in after i break its balloon assuming of course it has one now the beauty of black and white two that allows for me to pull off this set was the release of the pinch berries and with substitute and hail damage racking up I can get the salac boost in no time, shadow ball allows me to nail jellicent, gengar, and Lait@s. Flamethrower because **** fire blast it allows me to nail breloom which is one thing my team absolutely hate as well as nail scizor and ferrothorn or just make them complete set up fodder.

Lizabeth_Gorebyss.png

Gorebyss (F) @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Next up a an all time favorite pokemon of mine, I have a gorebyss that i utilized in an NU rain team and it demolished team after team, now gorebyss does the exact same thing here because it is able to sponge one weakened hit set up with a shell smash and utterly annihilate any pokemon that hasn't been killed off by my trappers. Now the reason for using hail was for this one purpose to allow for me to A) Get rid of sun which would weaken gorebyss's stab move and B) to spam 100% a ice move which brings instant death to all that suffer its wrath. Surf allows for me to get a stab move and nail fire and rock types namely tyranitar while hidden power grass lets me deal with water types called politoed keldeo and gastrodon.

magneton_chibi_by_redpawfigurines-d4r7tkr.jpg

Magneton @ Eviolite
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SAtk / 124 SDef​
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)​
- Hidden Power [Fire]​
- Volt Switch​
- Protect​
- Flash Cannon
Ah my main steel trapper this thing is a god when utilized to the fullest potential, now the evs may seem weird but they allow me to not give genesect the special attack boost as this set was made to counter genesect as it is still ou by pokemon online tiering. Volt switch gives me the switch initiative and gives me something useful for sponging a keldeos attack yes it can live a hydro pump in the rain surprising huh? but anyways with the release of kyurem black down into ou I figured i may as well run flash cannnon on magneton to punish it for being locked into outrage and finally hidden power fire obviously to dispatch of ferrothorn and heatran.

gothitelle_chibi_by_angelchorale-d3i2d42.png

Gothitelle (M) @ Choice Scarf​
Trait: Shadow Tag​
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SAtk / 212 Spd​
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Finally in the rag tag group of pokemon that makes up this team is gothitelle and man how I have come to love this thing with the speed it has with a scarf equiped I can nail anything below base 115 speed that isnt scarfed as with the speed evs I get enough speed which is enough for me to outspeed latios and much more importantly i can now destroy keldeo and terrakion which gorebyss appreciates having gone as they are two of the most common scarfers. Psyshock is there as stated nail terrakion, keldeo, and more importantly gengar as I can outspeed and kill it after breaking its sub with magnetons volt switch. Thunderbolt allows for gothitelle to function as a back up check incase Magneton is too low for doing its job, and there's hidden power ice to punish dragon types that attempt to set up on me and for bulky landorus therian and gliscor who inadvertently wall choice scarf terrakion cold. Finally there's my favorite move on this thing being called the **** you blissey 9000 aka trick which enables me to cripple it into a healing move and then stall the **** out of it to the point of they now struggle to death, very evil but very hilarious to take part in watching.

Abomasnow (F) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard​
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd​
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide​
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

Chandelure (F) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Flash Fire​
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute​
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Gorebyss (F) @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd​
- Blizzard
- Shell Smash​
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Magneton @ Eviolite
Trait: Magnet Pull​
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SAtk / 124 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Flash Cannon

Gothitelle (M) @ Choice Scarf​
Trait: Shadow Tag​
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SAtk / 212 Spd​
- Psyshock​
- Trick​
- Thunderbolt​
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Eaglehawk

Banned
Hey USA. It's been some time, and it looks like a very cool offensive strategy to try!

The first thing that comes into question is Abomasnow's role on the team. Even though you wish to find a weather disrupter, I really think Abomasnow is really out of place on your team. First, your current team doesn't gain any procs from hail outside of Blizzard on Gorebyss. In some situation where it comes down to a clutch HP, Hail can easily kill you off accidentally when you could have the potential to kill an opponent. This is especially crucial since you run an offensive team with no true bulky pivot (Magneton maybe, but prevalence of Ground, Fire, and Fighting moves makes it less so). Furthermore, everything Abomasnow does on this team can be done better by another Pokemon.

Second, I see that you're using Magneton, but you're not running any Dragons. Not saying that you have to run Dragons when using any of the Magnets, but your team comp doesn't really have a Pokemon that specifically requires Magneton's help. For the record, Terrakion, Chandelure, and Gorebyss can deal with Steel-types in their own way. Terrakion mashes most Steel-types not named Skarmory or Forretress and Chandy mashes all the Steel-types Terrakion can't mash. Furthermore, Gorebyss at +2 can 2HKO a lot of Physically Defensive Steels. If anything, I believe your earlier choice in using Duggy would be much more beneficial. Assuming that you're not going to switch Abomasnow out for something else, Duggy helps you win Weather wars and get Hail up. Currently, Dugtrio is pretty much surefire death to Tyranitar and Ninetales not on Air Balloons. Even at that, Dugtrio is also very good at getting rid of fast threats that your team doesn't like, specifically Starmie. Also, Dugtrio can set up Rocks for you if he gets you the chance, which is almost always a benefit to any team.

As for Goth, I really don't see the use for Scarf on it. I really think its true strength lies in the fact it can kill defensive cores very well. A SubCM set can be utilized to get free set ups against defensive matchups. This would also benefit your team very well, too. Considering your offensive beaters don't utilize offense-boosting items, defensive pokemon in general are going to give you a bad time, so killing defensive threats is very crucial to your team's success.

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
hey, interesting team you have here. There are some issues, but I'll try to help you get rid of them.

First of all, using Abomasnow to beat other weathers is a good idea. Though your team doesn't benefit from it in any way. Kyurem is a good pokemon to abuse hail, and it has awesome stats as well. It also brings another offensive mon to your team. Kyurem appreciates steels being removed, which your team does very well. Other threats to Kyurem are fighting types with Mach punch, which Gothitelle handels very well. Kyurem-B is also a great option, with its sky high attack stat. It benefits less from blizzard, though.
I think Magneton is a little unnecessary though. Gothitelle smashes Skarmory with thunderbolt and tricks Forretress, crippling it. Chandelure does great in beating Scizor, which is basically Kyurem and Terrakion's biggest enemy, as well as beating every other steel types bar heatran, which is beaten by Terrakion, as well as not being as much as a problem due to most Kyurem packing earth power.
Furthermore, most Gothitelle I see carry Choice Specs. This gives it more power, which it needs, as it should only come in on pokes she can OHKO or cripple with Trick. Examples are beating Skarmory, Jellicent (not sure if it's a OHKO), Conkeldurr, Slowbro, defensive Politoed and a lot more. The power Specs brings is really appreciated by Gothitelle. Losing speed is not that much of an issue, as you decide who you trap with it, so, for example you don't bring in Specs Gothitelle against a Terrakion. The moves on Gothitelle are fine. I'd suggest running full speed and positive speed nature when using specs though.
One last thing: Think about running baton pass on Gorebyss, if it's walled by something, you can pass to something like Kyurem or Chandelure to let them sweep the rest of the opponent's team. If you replace hp grass, you get walled by Gastrodon and other water types though......I'll have to think about that.

As a conclusion, I'm not saying you have to use Kyurem, but if you use hail, you might as well make the best of it. I think this is a wonderful team, and with some small changes, it will become even better.
I hope my suggestions helped, and if you have questions, I'll be glad to answer them!

Klaus™

Banned
From what I see right now, gorebyss could really use spikes and stealth rock on the field to help whittle down opponents easier. unfortunately, your team is very well put together, and the only thing that seems redundant is magneton.

I would normally change magneton to deoxys-d, but that leaves you very weak to scizor. forretress might work, but i fear it isn't as offensive as you might like. but it also has rapid spin so you won't be broken down by 3 layers of spikes and/or stealth rock. i think in this case spikes would be more beneficial than stealth rock, so you can try this forry set over magneton:

Forretress @Leftovers
- Sturdy -
252 hp/ 252 SpD/ 4 def
- Spikes
- Rapid spin
- Gyro ball
- hp ice/ HP fire/ Volt switch