• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trash Can Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldfan

playing an ish game
When the decision is announced, if you dislike it, all complaints can go to Goke's inbox xD

phop

(D)
;-; all Goke'mons everywhere are sadfaced by this and believe that all complaints should be forwarded to phop's inbox =D (if any)

*pretending not to hear this* (D)

All the type ratio votes are now in, but I'll let Iggly to confirm the result to you guys =P

Last edited:

Iggly

Banned
Zomg, the votes are in!

The ratios will be 3:3 for all

/endtransmission!

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
http://i35.*******.com/ftembl.jpg​

Introduction

Welcome challenger, to the ultimate test that the Serebii Battling Forums can give you! In this league, you will face some of Serebii’s top Wi-Fi battlers, and only by defeating them can you hope to gain the title of the Champion of the OSL! This guide should be an aid to you whilst trying to achieve that.

First, you must understand that this league challenge will be hard. Should you find that some Gym Challenges are simply too difficult, you should not get disheartened, as the league is comprised of some of the toughest battlers here! The best way to improve at Pokémon is to practice, so make sure that you make full use of the Battling section to gain the knowledge and experience necessary to mount a decent challenge for the Champion’s position. There are many experienced members who may be able to help you with your battling skills, and better still it is perfectly easy to teach yourself, the internet is a fantastic resource, even for those trying to become top competitive battlers!

Now, how do you go about your challenge? In order to challenge the champion for his title, you must first gain 8 badges from the Gym Leaders and 4 from the Elite Four. To challenge the Gym Leaders or Elite Four members, you must contact them by PM or through the OSL IRC channel, which can be found here. To gain the badge you must beat the Leader in a 6v6 battle. The Gym Leaders and Elite Four members all have an associated mono-type and will have type ratios of 3:3. You need not challenge the Gym Leaders in any specific order, but you must collect 8 Gym Badges before moving on to the Elite Four. You must challenge the Elite Four in order, upon beating the last, only then can you challenge the champion. The list of Staff and links to their threads can be found in the Staff list, here. You are encouraged to use a standard team in all battles to increase your enjoyment of the league and to avoid having to breed too many Pokémon!

Once you have climbed this huge mountain, you will still have one challenge, the hardest challenge, that of the champion. The champion is not bound by any typing, and you must beat him in a 6v6 standard battle to claim his position from him. Only then will your title challenge be complete and can you relax, sit back, and possibly even give Iggly’s white cat a stroke. The champion’s position is very highly regarded and will earn you a status on the forums on a par only with past champions. You name will be hung in the Hall of Fame as long as the internet does live!

If you have any questions that are not answered in the Introduction or the FAQ, feel free to ask them in this thread or in PM to any member of the OSL staff.

FAQ

Q. What rules apply when battling in this league?
A. Standard SPPf Battling rules apply and can be found here.

Q. How can I arrange a Gym battle?
A. You should Private message the Leader you wish to battle, and try to arrange a battle time with him or her. You can also catch the leaders in the official Serebii League Chatroom, which can be found here. Note that BEING ABLE TO ACCESS THE CHAT ISN'T A REQUIREMENT TO CHALLENGE THE LEAGUE.

Q. What should I do if the League member is on a different timezone to me?
A. The challenger is expected to arrange the battle to the leaders timezone. This should not be too much of an issue, as given any two timezones, there should be at least an hours worth of free time overlap in a week!

Q. What do I do with my League badges?
A. Most people will put their badges in their signatures. This can be done by right-clicking the image and selecting properties. Copy and paste the image's web address in your signature settings, using the following vB code.

Q. What happens to the Champion if he's defeated?
A. He must give up his Champion position to the next champion. Although his name will still remain on the honours board, and he can challenge the current champion to regain his throne!

Last edited by a moderator:

Battler

The Underdog
I haven't been around these forums a while, but I'm glad to see that the USL is still in the process of being formed. I remember that the idea was started last summer 2008, a long time back.

Iggly

Banned
I haven't been around these forums a while, but I'm glad to see that the USL is still in the process of being formed. I remember that the idea was started last summer 2008, a long time back.

Yep, it died back then, yet recently it was dug up and will be introduced along with some other (community suggested) improvements.
Be sure to check it all out, in time ;P

And yes Don is right, 3 is the minimum, everything above is perfectly fine.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
OSL Chat Room Guide / FAQ

OSLbannerttt.png

Note: You will not be allowed on the chat unless you have signed up in the challengers sign up thread first.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=454743

To make arranging battles with official OSL gym leader and Elite four simpler, a chat room has been set up. In this chat room, you can find the OSL team in real time. While sending them a PM on the forums work, its generally recommended that you join the chat room community, as not only will it make finding battles easier for you, but you can also converse with other challengers to arrange battles, trades and general talk about pokemon or other subjects. Note that THE CHATROOM IS NOT A REQUIREMENT TO CHALLENGE THE LEAGUE.

How to reach the official chat room

The chat service we use is Xat, which is a free to sign up with. The chat link can be found by clicking >here<. Once you click this link you will be taken to the official serebii league chat room where you will be given a default name. To change your name simply click on your name (it will have a green icon next to it) and everything should be straightforward from there.

Setting up

Next thing you can do is set up your own little profile. To gain the full experience we urge you sign up with Xat first like you would a forum, not only will this save us time making you a member when you try to access it on another PC, it will save you the trouble of having to set up your account again and then wait for a moderator to make you a member again. To set up your account, simply go to the front page of xat and click register and take it from there.

Once you have all of that set up, you can add your own avatar etc. To do this, go to a chat room (like ours) and follow the procedure of editing your chat name (clicking your name etc). For avatars, the dimensions are 30px - 30px, and they can only be used on xat if they are uploaded to photobucket account. Once you have made you avatar, simply upload to photobucket, and copy + paste the direct image link into the picture section of your profile. Once that is out of the way, friend codes (2 codes recommended) can be posted in the home page section, which will save you time having to fetch your fc from your ds or forum and post it in the main chat, as people wanting to trade with you can simply click on your name and get your fc.

Identifying Gym Leaders / Elite Four

When you enter the OSL Chat Room, there will normally be three groups of members on the chat. These groups are normal members, moderators and administrators. Below are the icons that each user group will have next to their name.

-Coming Soon-

Rules of the chat room.

- Respect the moderators and owners of xat, who are the gym leaders and elite 4.

- Complaining that a Gym Leader won't battle you will not be tolerated. Please be aware that the people that function this league have personal lives they put before Pokemon, continually complaining is punishable by ban. If any GL have become inactive, then the committee members will deal with the situation appropriately. -

- No talking about 'adult' topics, we do have younger people on our chats, keep it civil. -

- Reluctance to follow any of these rules will result by consequences taken by our leaders and the owners Archangel and Ragnarok, depending on severity. -

- Hate speech is punishable by ban (at minimum 48 hours). Once a person is caught they will only get one warning, once the offense is repeated again the offender will be permanently banned. -

- Bullying/ganging up on another member/gym leader/elite 4 is on the same levels as offensive speech, which is punishable by ban. -

- Racist words and all of their variations are banned from today. Saying them will result in a warning / ban. -​

Last edited:

VincentR

Celebi Fan
anyone wanna battle me?

Iggly

Banned
M-m-m-m-message!!!!

NEWS!!!!!!!

A deadline will be set for the completion of the tests.
The following people have at this point not been tested or fully tested:

Andrew1239
Digital Love
Payton15756
Calum
Johhny2hai
Azurewatcher
Clown
Reggie
Iggly (yes me too xD)

These people can contact ANY of the testers to get these done, if not done by the set date, you application will become void.
There will be no discussion regarding this whatsoever.
We've worked long and hard to get everything done and need our last breaths to actually set this big ol' thang uppah!

The date: September 11th
Or in simple terms, friday next week.
You will have till midnight GMT time.

I would also like to give a big fluffy thanks to the people who tested the applicants and did all the great behind the scenes work.
And will continue to do so, seeing as we're done yet ;P

Cousin_Dan, Goketsu, phop, Goldfan.

*insert standing ovation here*

Really, <3

Iggz out!

DonDemio

Maverick of Serebii!
I was wondering when a deadline would be in Place. Good luck to all those who "have" or "have yet to be" tested. I hope this league is the best it can be!

~Syl

Pathfinder

No Angel
I was wondering when a deadline would be in Place. Good luck to all those who "have" or "have yet to be" tested. I hope this league is the best it can be!

~Syl

Scroll up Don , Iggly put a deadline for all applicants who still need testing for Sept 11.

Anyways for those who need testing by me, I have college classes in the mornings from 8- 12 Am Central Time , I do work afternoons , but I can still battle at work so it won't be an issue x) . I will also be gone all weekend so keep that in mind ,and lets get these test battles out of the way sooner rather than the day of the deadline =) So I look forward to hearing from all of you. Just drop me, Iggly, Cousin_Dan, phop, or goldfan a pm when you are ready for your test battle.

Last edited:

goldfan

playing an ish game
Goke, he meant "he was wondering when a deadline would be set," not "oi, when are you going to set a deadline!" Lol.

I'm fairly sure post was a direct response to Iggly's

Dilorex

hey guys, I had a quick question

Was there any more discussion about a second "junior" gym leader for each gym?

I'm just asking because I would totally want to apply if I miss out on being the 1st gym leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.