• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Treecko, Torchick or mudkip On Emerald

bugman03

Treeco all the way. Has a great move pool for a grass type. The only snag you might hit is in the 3rd gym. but by that stade you should have a half decent team built up.

creator of arceus

pokemon champion
I think you should pick torchick because when it is a lvl.80 blazekin it will not be beaten easily.

Last edited:

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Treecko.It has a great move set though it`s evovltions.

feraligator2112

johto trainer
Treeco, When it evolves to grovyle it learns leaf blade

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
If you can, get all three xP.

If not, just pick Mudkip, as it is the best type wise, only being weak to Grass types, but with no Grass type Gyms in RSE, its easy.

Viridian's Yellow

Mmm~♪ Hmm~♪
Mudkip, makes the a whole lot easier.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
They all have their weak and strong points. If you like fast attackers, go for Treecko. If you like hard hitters (no jokes people), go for Torchic. If you prefer bulky powerhouses, go for Mudkip.

Olivia1928

I would choose Torchic. He makes the game easy if you train him enough. On my first game, I chose Mudkip he made the game fun. Mudkip is the Pokemon for Beginers. Treeko is an okay Pokemon, but is hard to raise, and doesn't get many good attack moves, and has very low Sp. Attk.

7 tyranitars

I always pick the starter that I didn't pick the last time but my favorite is mudkip

Antiyonder

Overlord
If you can, get all three xP.

If not, just pick Mudkip, as it is the best type wise, only being weak to Grass types, but with no Grass type Gyms in RSE, its easy.

I think you mean it's evolved forms as Mudkip is simply a Water type.

But yes, the Water/Ground combo only leave it weak to Grass Types, immune to Electric Attacks and receives minor or regular damage from other types.

Plus you can teach it Ice Beam to give it a fighting chance against the Grass Types you encounter.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
I would say mudkip because it is very useful against the electric gym.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
All three are amazing.

...And can be easily replaced. Breloom can replace Sceptile, Camerupt with a Hariyama backing him up can replace Blaziken, and Sharpedo/Wailord/Wailrein with a Camerupt or Golem backing him can replace Swampert.

Sooooooo...just go with your favorite.

lethal Xsanity

The way I choose Pokemon on my team is by type. I always want a well rounded team of all the necessary type's.
So look to see which Type's you can catch early in the game that you will need.
I chose Torchic because you can catch a Wingull or Marill early on to train as your WATER type,and you can catch a Shroomish before the first gym which evolves into Breloom a GRASS/FIGHTING which you would already have a FIRE/FIGHTING type in Blaziken.
Pretty Bad *ss team there with all Three starting type's that you get early in the game to train evenly.
Ofcourse this is what I was doing before my Emerald died D;
suck's,i know.
Good luck on your journey though :D

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
I chose torchic and got a lotad, whismur and a wurmple. i leveled up my torchic into a combusken learning PECK and DOUBLE KICK and EMBER (super effective on rock, fighting and the steel/electic gym)
my wurmple learnt confusion and gust to help with the fighting gym and my lotad learnt loads of grass and water moves. as for whimsur, she was my last resort pokemon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Torchic seems to make the game easier

ProSkier5

IMO, I think Mudkip or Torchic.But, I think i'll give treeko a try, but flying types piss the crap out of me, when it comes to battling against them!!!Every time I do a game in Emerald, my team is usually always: Swampert, Camerupt, Manectric, Gardivoir, Flygon, and Breloom. I am trying to think up a team for the starter Torchic, any suggestions??? So far I thought about: Blaziken, Sharpedo/Wailord/maybe Seadra, Gardevoir, Manectric, Flygon, and Breloom. Please answer ASAP!!!