• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Treecko, Torchick or mudkip On Emerald

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
torchic. i actually wish i had chosen treecko

you can get fire, fighting, water and flying pokemon elsewhere throughout the game. i shouldnt have chosen torchic. even though it is cute, i reccomend chosing treecko

Wot

Oshawott81
I say Mudkip, only because I always choose the water starters and the only reason why I always choose the water starters is becuase,
a. water is my favourite type.
b. now this is really lame, my favourite colour is blue and it matches water.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Torchic. Blaziken is a beast! Plus it's fighting type aswell ;)

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Hmm, depends really dood. If you want an easy team with the game Mudkip's the best choice. Treecko'll give you quite a bit of a challenge due to the fact it doesn't really learn that many good moves until it's almost a Sceptile, and Torchic's the middle game. The game's not too easy and not too hard with Torchic. :p

Dreamy

Well really you can't go wrong with either one, if you want a nice strong wall go with mudkip, if a powerhouse is more to your taste go with torchic or if you want a speedy destroyer go with treecko.

frenky

Champion
I vote mudkip , with him is game easy

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
I say Torchic, because it has an advantage over a fair chunk of the gym leaders, trainers, and Elite 4.

Jaguartail

Mudkip is the overall best choice. Treecko is fairly average throughout, and Torchic will give you a rough beginning.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I'd say Torchic because he's in my opinion, the most powerful of the starters and has a pretty good advantage over a good number of gym leaders and learns very powerful attacks.

Mudkip on the other hand also gives a strong advantage and is handy to use, being a water type and all.

Treecko is pretty good, but if you want a challenge, use him because he's the most challenging to use (for me that is, like most grass starters)

Last edited:

Draco.

Dragon Master.
Mudkip is the overall best choice. Treecko is fairly average throughout, and Torchic will give you a rough beginning.

i see you like mudkips. :)

nor but for real i always picked mudkip :)
in my opinion mudkips is beast

I say Mudkip!
Cuz he is an adorable one.:3
Plus,he can become Marshtomp and Swampert who is immune to electric type moves.

Cutty

Forever now

^This, also it has the best shiny colour among three.

I say Treecko so that you have an advantage in the end against Juan/Wallace, and because his shortcomings early on in the game can be made up for by training more Pokemon. You will need to train something that can beat Wattson, Flannery, and Winona though or you'll have a really hard time getting past those gyms.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I know that this is cliche, but Mudkip actually turns out pretty good in the end. Good moveset and stats and all that.

spartanfan17

Dragon Trainer
Mudkip is the best throughout the whole game he is really helpful and Swampert is Such a beast.