• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tree's A Crowd! (283)

Christian Woods

azumarill!
Can't believe that Treecko is voiced by the same guy who voices mewtwo! holey treecko tree! pokemon voice actors are extremely tallented when it comes to voice range!!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
the episode in general was alright i mean it is hoenn after all

Christian Woods

azumarill!
Sorry guys, it won't let me edit my posts, darn it! Anyway, I notice in the part of the episode after team rocket is defeated and Pikachu and Treecko are laughing and playing for a moment, the song that plays is the song that plays in Mewtwo Strikes Back when Mew is playing on the windmill. I also caught a few songs from Pikachu's vacation in this episode.

Vernikova

Champion
A dull episode. Treeko has never been a starter Pokemon that I liked and Ash's was no different. The tough Pokemon attitude turned me off since it reminded me a lot of Ash's Bulbasaur and the plot of the episode wasn't very interesting.

7threst

Well, I applaud them for introduction Treeko so well and I think the synopsis was alright done. It's also great to see capturing that hothead of a Treeko. Later on, it became such a powerhouse in Ash's arsenal. The whole concept of the tree was alright, but could have been done better in my opinion.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Tree's a Crowd

Max: I said we should have taken a right in that fork in the road but you insisted on going the other way and now we're lost!
May: But this path looked prettier and and it has all those awesome flowers! There's nothing more dreamy than strolling through lovely flowers~

God, what a vomit-inducing dialogue exchange. I think that just shows right there the writers may have been figuring out May's character, I'm so glad to know in the long run the writers don't make May out to a bland, girly-girl, princessy, air-head. Not to mention she's usually the burden to the group and tires out quickly and her Torchic has been portrayed as useless 100% of the time. Can't wait to see her drop this demeanor, I don't even know when she does. I presume sometime around Wurmple's capture which I'm really looking forward to. Also getting a bit tired of May and Max/Ash's little spats, they're entertaining in moderation but they're happening way too often for my liking. I'm just so glad that May isn't going to be made out to be "Typical girly girl, doing typical girly things."

When you want to catch a Pokemon you should weaken them in battle first so they have no defense when using your Pokeball, is that what you taught me the other day, Ash Ketchum? Pokemon Master, huh?!
Okay, that made me laugh. :p May has a fast learning curve, I must admit.

Anyway this was a decent capture episode, Treecko's capture, one of the best Pokemon in the whole show. I always liked the way he kept a twig in his mouth as a sigh of his badassery. I liked getting a mention of Misty. I liked seeing Ash toss a Pokeball at the Treecko without weakening it despite criticizing May for doing the same thing not to long ago. Way to be a good role-model, guess he got caught up in the excitement of it all. The whole tree plot was not very engrossing at all for me, though I did like the explanation of why Grass-types don't take much punishment from Electricity and I also liked Cacnea's debut to Ash. Shame it didn't do more aside from pop the balloon and fire a Pin Missile at Treecko though.

Blessed

Max & May fighting @ the beginning was extremely irritating to see. And why did May call Treeko 'cute' when if memory serves 5 episodes back she was all like "Creepy!" Seriously make up your mind May! As for this episode, well it was uninteresting for the most part because of the Tree. Though there were some funny moments here & there but that's about it.

I can't help but feel this is one of the sweetest and nicest episodes in the entire anime, and AG isn't even my favorite series. Yeah, it's somewhat corny, but this is the kind of episode that shows what the anime once was, and really who Ash once was. I miss this Ash a lot: this episode really shows what kind of character he once was in my eyes. It's rather hard not to feel touched when Ash said that "Pikachu, Treecko's doing everything it can to save this tree from dying, but is it too late, do you think?" and then Pikachu says "Pii-kaaa..." The clips of Treecko trying to help the tree survive by carrying leaves, feeding the tree by putting the water in the ground so that its roots will absorb it, are just...god, the genuinely humble writing gets me everything. Ash and Pikachu helping Treecko even if it means they would get hurt and would lose time they could be getting more badges just to do the right thing...now that's the show I really loved.

The dub replaced a lot of music, but what it came up with to replace it wasn't bad at all. In fact, some of the dub background music is really...quite nice, actually...and really complements some of the scenes nicely, even if it wasn't right to replace a lot of the original JPN background music. The only 4Kids dub BGM that annoyed me is that one with the horn-esque noise, but the rest of the tracks were pretty fitting.

As far as the dub goes, Veronica Taylor absolutely nailed the role of Ash in this episode. She put so much emotion and sincerity in Ash's voice, and her pitch as well as her tone were pretty much perfect at this point to me. This episode is really a true testament to how great her voice was for Ash: you can't help but feel for the character due to the warmth, sincerity, and kindness Veronica put in his voice this episode.

Brock was pretty funny with his wisecrack about May and Max, too: "It's great to see them getting along so well" indeed. :D

Team Rocket was entertaining as well. Annoying, yes, but still enjoyable. :)

May and Max's annoying banter in the first half of the episode is pretty much the only thing I disliked about the episode. However, I actually liked Max's comment about May: "URGH...you LOOK like a Slugma!"

I always felt like the dubbers and writers used to have a lot more enthusiasm and care for what they were putting out before, and it's episodes like this that show this to be true, IMO.

Rating: 98/100 (A)

Last edited:

ashiemore

Pretty good, for just a standard ash-catches-another-pokémon episode. not like some where the pokemon barely knows him.

zhixun

Satoshi having a Kimori is surely the best Pokémon in Hoenn. Even Masato did say to Haruka that he would pick Kimori instead of Achamo.

That Kimori Satoshi owns has leading talent before he was captured.

Zamin

I really felt for the tree, the episode got better as it progressed

Funny how Ash assumed Team Rocket stole Cacnea.
Never thought I'd see an old man Treecko. That was pretty funny. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really enjoyed how sassy Treecko was here; he seemed really cool. Treecko's short battle with Pikachu was also interesting since both relied on speed, and I cackled at Meowth imagining Treecko giving Giovanni a massage. Anyway, seeing Treecko tend to the tree was cute, as was seeing Ash help him. The elder Treecko irked me though.

phanpycross

God-king
This was a super badass episode as well, Treecko is instantly strong, despite not knowing a grass move, and it's personality was original at the time, and I still think it pulls it off the best. One thing that stood out was the super old treecko, even back then, I wondered why it had not evolved yet.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The old Treecko was quite mysterious and interesting; I would have thought of it as an old Sceptile instead. Best part was when Ash caught Treecko, who will become his strongest Hoenn Pokémon (it could even beat Winona's Altaria in a later episode despite a type disadvantage). So happy that he caught it, now has at least something other than Pikachu and Taillow.

Last edited:

JudySpell

Banned
Satoshi having a Kimori is surely the best Pokémon in Hoenn. Even Masato did say to Haruka that he would pick Kimori instead of Achamo.

I think he just liked Treecko's design the most compared to Torchic's and Mudkip's. I don't think Treecko was any better or worse than the others though.