• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trial Mission! The Deep Sea Diver Research Team!! (1177)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1177.jpg

Trial Mission! The Deep Sea Diver Research Team!!

Goh has received his latest mission for Project Mew, to get a wild Kingdra. Consulting with eyewitness reports, he and Ash go to the Hoenn region and start investigating. They meet up with Drake, the Hoenn Elite Four Member and they decide to work with him. Can Goh complete the mission and find a Kingdra?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

D

Deleted member 384931

So wait, they just left Seadra behind? Idk Regirock felt so random. Drake was cool, but no flashback. Inteleon was the only cool thing in the episode. 7/10

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Welp
This episode wasnt bad but not great either, a mediocre one
I loved the atmosphere of the episode and the concept, but the captures felt too easy. That Sharpedo capture esp (funny how Camerupt went the same way and both Sharpedo and Camerupt are Archie Maxie's mains)
Kingdra was decent but short, I liked how Goh records Ash's battles hehe
Also yep, there is definitely an overaching story here with the regis slowly being built up. Cant wait for Regidrago, Regieleki and the inevitable Regiggas appearance, we know the Regis are connected with Mew in the anime thanks to the movie anyway
Now time to go back to playing Shining Pearl <3

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
A relatively okay episode overall, but one that really highlights the flaw with Project Mew's 'trials' that was mentioned in this comment and quote, the Regi segment felt even more random. That Inteleon vs. Kingdra battle was also good but felt a bit too short to my liking, and somewhat anti-climatic for a primary objective.

Not really a fan of that dumb Goh capture though; first 100% capture rates, then pheromones that attract them for no reason, now he gets them by the Pokemon charging straight at him for an attack with him cowering and holding out his Pokeball? The same episode had one of his better captures, what was the reason for writing in something dumb like that Sharpedo moment given how it contributed to the trial in no way?

Rest of the episode is dialogue heavy so I'll wait on subs to know if the first half dragged on or not.

D

Deleted member 384931

A relatively okay episode overall, but one that really highlights the flaw with Project Mew's 'trials' that was mentioned in this comment and quote. That Inteleon vs. Kingdra battle was also good but felt a bit too short to my liking, and somewhat anti-climatic for a primary objective.

Not really a fan of that dumb Goh capture though; first 100% capture rates, then pheromones that attract them for no reason, now he gets them by the Pokemon charging straight at him for an attack with him cowering and holding out his Pokeball? The same episode had one of his better captures, what was the reason for writing in something dumb like that Sharpedo moment given how it contributed to the trial in no way?

Rest of the episode is dialogue heavy so I'll wait on subs to know if the first half dragged on or not.
It was pretty average. Sharpedeo was so dumb. I dont need any deep diving episode after 63 and this one. And Dracovish what was the point of that?

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Booring

So now we can catch Pokémon accidentally, and by the way a predator Pokémon, seems like a good pokemon to leave on an enviroment. Right?

And that Regirock what is the point? Can we get to the multiverse shennanigans please?

And stop wasting elite four members thanks

Oh another break next week and probably we will have another one for new year.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
A surprisingly decent ep? It was a good use of character like drake whose backstory is being a sailor and it was good seeing goh going at it alone…..until ash came along anyways.

In addition to the constant negative of project mew eps not feeling different than non project mew eps, aside from obligatory cameos of asahi and tsurugi, the first half was still dull and goh’s random captures are just getting even more eye roll inducing.

D

Deleted member 384931

A surprisingly decent ep? It was a good use of character like drake whose backstory is being a sailor and it was good seeing goh going at it alone…..until ash came along anyways.

In addition to the constant negative of project mew eps not feeling different than non project mew eps, aside from obligatory cameos of asahi and tsurugi, the first half was still dull and goh’s random captures are just getting even more eye roll inducing.
So now they use Legendary pokemon for drawing in viewers just like Regice. Idk how to feel about it, it is so average. Even Inteleon and Dracovish. But Sharpedo? That was just stupid

A relatively okay episode overall, but one that really highlights the flaw with Project Mew's 'trials' that was mentioned in this comment and quote, the Regi segment felt even more random. That Inteleon vs. Kingdra battle was also good but felt a bit too short to my liking, and somewhat anti-climatic for a primary objective.

I can already guess what will you say in yours review(although not too accurate)
Pros:1.Adventure feel again
2.glad to see Lucario, dracofish and Inteleon again.The writers are trying to fix the problem of Pokemon screen time recently.
Cons:1.CRAB WORLD BUILDING
2.MHA soundtracks again?
3.What the point of Drake returning?The way they handled him is poor.
4.Free gifts for Goh again.

~No Ag flashbackk?
~Regirock feels so random
~still no connection with mew about project mew.
conclusion: an decent episode. I will give it an 6/10.
Hey, Panky’s thought is quite easy to guess!

2.glad to see Lucario, dracofish and Inteleon again.The writers are trying to fix the problem of Pokemon screen time recently.
Does Dracovish really count? He did nothing in this episode. Like actually nothing besides hold Goh and Ash when they were falling backwards. I don't really see any improvement with Pokemon screentime.

Though, how Lucario was used in this episode was pretty fine.