• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trial Mission! The Deep Sea Diver Research Team!! (1177)

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Pretty enjoyable episode, very dialogue heavy and a fair bit of setup/exposition. Go using Kairyu’s battle video to lure in Kingdra via the sound of a “Kairyu” then battling it getting backed into a corner a bit but coming up with a proper strategy with his Water-types was a resolution I was expecting. Liquidation getting learned off-screen is meh but par course for how they portray Pokémon moves this saga. I did like how cool it looked, def doesn’t remind me of Saito’s wish she had gotten a mention contrasting the two.

Snipe Shot-ing the Monster Ball to catch Kingdra was a good ending and it felt rewarding watching Go get a “prize” capture in Kingdra. I always like it when he gets a catch like that which carries some nice weight and a sense of accomplishment/strength to it. Project Mew continues to be pretty solid overall for me. A lot of wordiness and dialogue that can be appetizing but hard to make sense of without proper full context.

Super glad Inteleon’s been so active as of late as well! :>

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Didnt Gou have the same issue with his pokeballs in JN063?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Good things about this episode:

- I saw my Lizard boy after a long time and he was awesome here

- Goh using a recording of Dragonite battling to lure in Kingdra was smart!
Ash's PWC matches helping in Project Mew is a nice touch!
How do you think that Inteleon even learned Liquidation?
Because Goh was watching all of the Bea battles! He got the idea from Grapploct!

- Red Boy and Blue Girl didn't show up with their Bears to impede on the mission

- The Seadra was cute

Cons about this episode:

- Not a single AG flashback really? Ok

- Minor but I wish we got to see Inteleon learning Liquidation ya know, on-screen? I would've rather had an episode about that instead of that Blue Mania sh!t we got a few weeks back :rolleyes:

- That battle between Inteleon and Kingdra was just way too short. They could've easily cut the Regirock scene and extended the battle a little longer.

- Dracovish only got like 5 seconds of screentime

Anyways 7/10 I know that's probably being a bit too generous because of my bias towards Inteleon but whatever

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
DP getting tons and tons of flashbacks yet can't even spare AG a moresol? What do you have against that series writers?? Well at least Ash and Drake acknowledged they met before

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Based Iwane drawing the highlight of the episode :cool:
DP getting tons and tons of flashbacks yet can't even spare AG a moresol? What do you have against that series writers?? Well at least Ash and Drake acknowledged they met before
In DP's defense, given that the remakes are out it would seem weird not to give it tons of Flashbacks.

If anything there was absolutely no excuse for XY/XYZ completely ignoring AG :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

XY ignored everything not just AG, just kinda was it's thing for some reason
Didnt an interview revealed they just forgot to add it?
Tho I would have loved a flashback here tbh.

D

Deleted member 384931

Yeah but with Hoenn remakes going on at the time, AG could've gotten at least some acknowledgment

They could've easily brought Ash's Sceptile or Glalie back but they were too chickensh!t to give Ash a Mega at the time.
I think the logic behind that is "if Satoshi receives a Mega in an old Pokemon, ALL old Pokemon capabele of Mega Evolution, should get one" at least that is how I think about it

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Didnt an interview revealed they just forgot to add it?

No, people just keep misquoting that bit and applying it to all sorts of random things.

What was actually said was that the interviewer noted that Professor Okido hadn't appeared in any XY episodes since episode 3 (he was in the final episode too, but that hadn't aired yet, so he didn't know) and asked if this was intentional since Okido had made regular-ish appearances in all the other series. Yajima confirmed that it was not intentional, it just hadn't occurred to them he had actually gone the entire series without any appearances.
While you can certainly make the logical leap from this statement to "There was never any intentional creative desicion to not reference older series in XY", people keep reading all kinds of crazy nonsense about them "forgetting" this and that into this when all Yajima said was that they did not INTENTIONALLY decide to not have this ONE specific character appear in any episodes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

No, people just keep misquoting that bit and applying it to all sorts of random things.

What was actually said was that the interviewer noted that Professor Okido hadn't appeared in any XY episodes since episode 3 (he was in the final episode too, but that hadn't aired yet, so he didn't know) and asked if this was intentional since Okido had made regular-ish appearances in all the other series. Yajima confirmed that it was not intentional, it just hadn't occurred to them he had actually gone the entire series without any appearances.
While you can certainly make the logical leap from this statement to "There was never any intentional creative desicion to not reference older series in XY", people keep reading all kinds of crazy nonsense about them "forgetting" this and that into this when all Yajima said was that they did not INTENTIONALLY decide to not have this ONE specific character appear in any episodes.
True. I always thought that the story of XY didn't really "'need" much continuity, looking back at it. I mean Journeys does due the "World setting".

Samurott

All those water Pokemon and Goh only catches two of them? Where was the capture spree? I know they can't happen all the time but they could've done it here. Goh should be a pro by now yet he made the same mistake throwing a pokeball underwater. I don't like this whole "make the characters bumbling fools" stuff. Goh could have easily caught Feebas, Luvdisc, Corsola, Clampearl, Cloyster, and even the Seadra that was left behind for some reason. I would've had him get Remoraid, use it in battle with Mantyke, and evolve it. Interesting that they had those still images with Ash looking at Corphish and Crawdaunt. The flashback at the beginning, Drake, and Regirock bit should've been left out.

D

Deleted member 384931

If I am honest, while Drake was nice, he didn't "add" much in the episode. Replace them by the treasure seekers Lana was associated with and not much would change.

Risrhayne

I don’t know about you guys, but I actually thought this episode was pretty good. I liked seeing Goh rely more on himself to catch Kingdra. Ash was literally just there to back him up, he didn’t have to step in and weaken Kingdra.

The Sharpedo catch was silly, but I can honestly let it slide because it didn’t follow a dumb catching montage with those other water Pokémon. I fully expected another batch of Cameo Fodder, but we actually saw more of Goh’s Pokémon than new captures this episode which was really refreshing to see. And look, he befriended a wild Pokémon and DIDN’T catch them! While a moment like that MAY be infuriating for say, Lana and Dewpider, Lillie and Alolan Sandshrew, Chloe and Galarian Ponyta and perhaps May and Swablu, for Goh, I appreciate that change.

This was a much better Goh episode to me. More of these episodes please and less episodes with capture montages and Goh projecting his self-loathing onto his Pokémon!