• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trial Mission! Volcarona's Golden Scales!! (1169)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1169.jpg

Trial Mission! Volcarona's Golden Scales!!

Goh has received his next Trial Mission for Project Mew. This mission requires him to get a golden scale from a Volcarona. Ash & Goh return to the Desert Resort Ruins in Unova to hunt the Volcarona. Will Goh be able to find the Volcarona and complete his mission?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
I only caught a few minutes before the break and the second half due to losing track of time due to Phasmophobia, and I was surprised...

Ash having participation moments and interaction in a Goh episode? Is this even a JN episode? The Ferrothorn capture and the last 5 minutes where the boys were made helpless just to showcase Urshifu were the negative points for what I managed to see. It's definitely miles better than the previous PM showing even if it's nowhere close to being a good episode

Man, those leaks were completely off.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I only caught a few minutes before the break and the second half due to losing track of time due to Phasmophobia, and I was surprised...

Ash having participation moments and interaction in a Goh episode? Is this even a JN episode? The Ferrothorn capture and the last 5 minutes where the boys were made helpless just to showcase Urshifu were the negative points for what I managed to see.

Man, those leaks were completely off.
Why the Ferrothron capture tho?
As for the boys being made helpless I dont mind since before they had an opportunity to counterattack Tsurugi and Asahi came into the picture
Also the Urshifu showdown was nice to watch

On the other hand, the episode was good, many people will say that it was excellent because they are used to the poor quality of JN in general

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It felt out of place compared to the rest of the episode to me, like they just wanted Goh to get something out of the episode (which he already does in the form of a trial), not to mention that it was such a quick and glossed over thing that it'll be irrelevant in the future.

Considering they were outnumbered 4 to 2, they could still be shown putting up a fight and being overwhelmed by numbers instead of being complete statues waiting to be rescued like damsels. They were quick to call on their backup Pokemon when there was a much dangerous blaze in the mines.
Ahh you had a problem with Goh capturing pokemon this episode. I was wondering why Ferrothorn specifically when he also caught Roggenrola but you may have missed that
Catching all pokemon is Goh's goal, so I dont mind it at all, esp since he battled with it
Again they barely had a chance to counterattack and call on their pokemon when Tsurugi and Asahi arrived

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
It’s a good thing the ‘leak’ was so wrong, because what was described was pretty much the writers losing their minds.

The episode was pretty okay actually. I’m with @Panky.. in thinking the ferrothorn capture was too easy and that the boys being just completely helpless at the end was bad. I also still think ash being there is superfluous that they had to add an electric shortage to give him something to do. But aside from that, things seemed fine.

D

Deleted member 384931

It’s a good thing the ‘leak’ was so wrong, because what was described was pretty much the writers losing their minds.

The episode was pretty okay actually. I’m with @Panky.. in thinking the ferrothorn capture was too easy and that the boys being just completely helpless at the end was bad. I also still think ash being there is superfluous that they had to add an electric shortage to give him something to do. But aside from that, things seemed fine.
It seemed kind of weird. Urshifu wasnt really necessary in my opinion. It felt show it off to show it off