• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trial of Terror - A Horror One-shot Contest

I

Insincerus

Actually, I think it's a great idea. An old spirit from "The Pokemon Detective" is reawakening inside me, back when I used to write loverly horror :D I think I'll submit a one-shot as well, because I have the craving desire to write something nastily spiteful and gorey, bruhahaha...mini-mystery, I am sensing too, yussss...

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Scrap said:
Also, I'd like to add, not only will the winners be listed, but we will also list EVERYONE who entered, and under each of their names, describe what we loved best and what they need to improve on, making this contest a good chance for people to see how they can improve their writing. ^^
Actually, that was what I was going to mention next. Do you think that it would be possible the entire piece of work, along with your comments? I just thought that it would be nice to read what other people entered, besides just the winner.

Wow, surprised that idea got so much attention. It's just adapted by an annual writing contest that we have at my library. I realize that you'll be able to recognize some people's styles, but I think you might be surprised at how difficult it can be to tell people apart, especially if you don't know their writing very well.

O

Ouallada

Hey. I was wondering if I could possibly enter the better entries into the awards ceremony. Seems like these one-shots will deserve them anyway. Is there any way they can be made public so that I can enter them in>?

Ryano Ra

Verdant Vitality
That wouldn't be so much of a problem, Ouadalla. Although, I am technically exempted from the Christmas Awards, but nevertheless, I wouldn't mind it being displayed once the entire contest is over and the winner is named.

Wait, you are talking about when this is all over, correct? o.o

O

Ouallada

You chose to exempt yourself. As far as I am concerned, any non-winning fic is nominable. I do not care who it is by, and I accept all nominations. The choice rather lies with you. When will this thing be over?

Ryano Ra

Verdant Vitality
I have a question, since I think I'll begin working on my entry later tonight.

There isn't a limit as to how long it can be? For example, would you guys accept a thirty-three page entry? And, could somebody please notify me of the prizes for the winners?

FloatingFlames

Lovable Narcissist
There's no limit, Syra. And about the prizes, I'll have to get back to you on that. >_>

Ryano Ra

Verdant Vitality
Goodie, no limit.

Because if I'm sparking so much inspiration, I probably won't know when it'll end. I love writing about horror, but only when violence and blood and carrior eaters are in it. X}

>.> Well, when you four (Scrap, Flames, Sike, and Flower) figure out the prizes, please do tell me. ^^

IceKing

Sexorific!
And, could somebody please notify me of the prizes for the winners?

Hmm, Sike will give you a shrunken Elhossa head (if she gets one by then), Scrap will make you a purty banner, Flamer will scoff and say his two one shots that he wrote in fifty years were better, and Burnt Flower will get in a mudfight with one of the other judges for your entertainment!

Anyway, I have a question. Can we just post the one shot instead of PMing it to you? BEcause I know I wont win, but since horror is my favorite genre of pokemon fanfiction I would like to write a oen shot abotu it and hopefully get advice to improve from other SPPfers

Last edited:

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Hey, this looks like fun! I've never tried horror, so this will be a good oppurtunity. I liked the idea about you four saying what you liked about each one, that's so awesome! Expect me to be one of the last entrants though. ^_^; *points to sig*

Merry christmas!

-;157;

FloatingFlames

Lovable Narcissist
Quick announcement, and a pretty big one too...

In light of the lack of entries that have been submitted (see: one), I've decided to extend the deadline to January 15th.

I'm sure many of you have forgotten about this and perhaps need a reminder and I realize that I've spoken to several of you who are sending your work tonight/tomorrow - just remember that I'm not extending it any further from the above date. Any submissions beyond the the 15th will not be accepted. Oh, and be sure to send the entries to me.

That's all, and good luck. And if you haven't started and are planning to enter, I recommend getting to work as soon as you can so you have enough time to complete it if you run into any problems.

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
I swear I was going to have mine in on time. I could write half of it by tomorrow...honest...

Thanks for extending the deadline. I was in a bit of a time crunch.

Ryano Ra

Verdant Vitality
Ditto. o.o I had so many ideas for the horror one-shot on my mind, but I couldn't seem to jab it in with the wall of daggers (I couldn't fit it in with the crazy writing I was doing with Rhapsody).

Now, I must take some time off for five-six days to write this, hopefully, and I can get it in. I lost some of the ideas though, so I'll spend a portion of that time brainstorming and whatnot. o.o; *gets to work* Also, I think I didn't write it because I had been quite busy, as well as forgetting about it.

S

Shadowcat

*dodges whip, and scampers into a room*

Erm... Can we not do this? Or do we have to? I have a few One-Shots planned, but it seems that I have WRITER'S BLOCK! So I can't really submit entries until the 14th or so?

Kiyohime

No one's forcing you to do anything. XD Writing can be fickle, so good luck, you all. Merci and Happy New Year. STICKY KEYBOARDS! (is using a hotel terminal to type this.)