Hope you all are having fun playing "Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Version: Congratulations Sucker, You Payed 35 Bucks Just to Play as a Toaster". Since I'm also in the mood for rehashing material from two years ago, here comes DP119 Review: Bullet Style! (I'll leave some stuff for you Jup, don't worry)
- Aggron: "Git away from ma spring watur missy! See the sign? It says, 'TRESPASSERS WILL BE HYPER BEAMED'."
- Aggron is the Pokemon version of Mimefan. He enjoys beating up on Pokemon mascots for the hell of it, but lacks any intelligent reason for doing so.
- Mukuhawk is only taller than Gliscor if you count the hair. Cheater.
- Hikari: "Oh God, I've gotta escape from Santa Barbara County ASAP! I heard Michael Jackson's going back on tour!"
- ATTN: Kazue Kinoshita - Yanmega hates you.
- James has Aggron Lv. X from the TCG. Apparently that's more powerful than Aggron EX, which in turn was more powerful than standard Aggron.
- You know what works better than a flare? ICE BEAM! Everyone in the Pokemon world loves it. Everyone.
- Mamoswine down. I swear I've seen this all before somewhere, disregarding the fact that Mamoswine is way freaking cooler than Charizard.
- Flashback! Oh crap, that dumb filler about Pachirisu getting sick and Muku.BIRD vs. Laffy Taffy is actually relevant now?
- Cue traditional sappy ballad for healing scene. Note that Mamoswine is still cooler than Charizard.
- Please explain to me how it's physically possible for Pochama to manipulate molecules by having a giant whirlpool suddenly dimisnish to nothing in a bucket without swallowing it back up. Oh yeah, I forgot - it's Pochama, who controls the laws of physics and chemistry as we know it.
- That's right, Ambipom. Bash that stupid rock into the ground and make noise with it. How else do you think Nickelback became popular? (oh dear, two musical artist slams in one review)
- Mecha Golem is a new one, but I'm still waiting for Mecha Dunsparce.
- Mamoswine now defends Dawn. Is this truly the end of its minimally-developed disobedience run? Is this Cinnabar Gym or "Charizard Chills"?
- Mamoswine now more obedient but retains Gonbe-like personality of 'Food First'
And true to form, my bullet points have grossly exaggerated the excitement of an episode that was mediocre, quite frankly. For as much flack as I give the Orange League, "Charizard Chills" was a way better episode with better emotion, battling, and development (but equally s***ty animation; "Charizard Chills" was Takeda). While it's unclear if Mamoswine will continue to put food before battling, I really feel its defiant traits weren't used to their full potential.