• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trials and Adulations! (587)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. A decent filler. Glad Mamoswine finally started to listen to Dawn.

~AussieWonder~

While this episode screamed "Charizard Chills", I still enjoyed it. Mamoswine was well overdue for some proper screen-time. Ugh....I just wish the rest of her team had more of an emphasis on "Monster" rather than "Pocket". Buneary is getting genuinely mundane.

HoennMaster

Why is everyone calling this a filler. Mamoswine starts obeying Dawn, meaning it isn't filler.

Last edited:

TicoPokemonMaster

^ I knew it, I knew it! Dawn is a pokemon, so the next time I see Dawn in my platinum game I will try and catch her.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
^ I knew it, I knew it! Dawn is a pokemon, so the next time I see Dawn in my platinum game I will try and catch her.

lol don't be mean it was an honest mistake:)

by the way I take back what I said, after seeing the episode once again I decided it wasn't half bad..... and Dawn and Mamoswine had their touchy moment

CliveKoopa

This episode was good. A decent filler. Glad Mamoswine finally started to listen to Dawn.

This isn't a filler. It contains character development for Mamoswine. This is a great episode and it was cool at the end when Mamoswine got everyone one its back to fight TR.

Rebeccag

Good episode. Liked how Dawn remembered the first aid tips from Brock and yay Mamoswime is listening to her now ^_^. Ashs oh a pokeball line was quite funny as well the way Ash spoke it made me laugh. Also Dawns pokemon helping her as well ws quite good
And i wouldnt really call it a filler as well but i wouldnt really call it an important episode as well- something in the middle i would call it

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
Did anyone else catch when Jessie ordered Yanmega to use AsianPower? That was the entertainment high point for me. Other than that. . . I'm at least glad that Brock's episode was flashback-ed.

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
You just don't hear properly.
LINK REMOVED It's at 5:04. Of course it's not intentional, but the pronunciation of "ancient" is truly butchered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
It was a great episode, and like someone said wasn't a rip-off of Charizard Chills.

Though, its strange that they never explained why Aggron was such a jerk.

I wonder........

STICKTOPIA

It was a great episode, and like someone said wasn't a rip-off of Charizard Chills.

Though, its strange that they never explained why Aggron was such a jerk.

I wonder........
what do u mean its strange they never explained that? brock said that they were by iron that aggron eats so it thought they were invading its territory.

DarkZerkerX

Master Coordinator
I think its a great episode to develope Dawn and her pokemons character. Im a huge critic on Anime with characters that are bland and boring like Brock from the first generation.

It was a great episode and one of those episodes that all the people say they are fillers but is not.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great Mamoswine episode...

it really trained hard in this ep

And i loved to see a steel type pokemon (Aggron)

7/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I didn't think much of this episode to be honest. I watched it in Japanese and in English.

I only really liked that Aggron appeared and that Mamoswine fought against it.

Mamoswine has really gotten a lot of attention lately. This episode gets a four out of ten.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Even though this episode was a lot like "Charizard Chills", like the previous episode was a reprise of "That's Just Swellow", this episode at least is distinct enough to make it worthy of watching. At least Dawn uses the first aid techniques she learned from Brock on- and off-screen, and gained Mamoswine's trust finally. At least they made things more realistic, though, in that Mamoswine still causes occasional problems for Dawn, unlike Charizard, who went right away to being calm and obedient apart from the occasional flamethrower.

Overall, great episode.

While watching the final battle between Mamo and Aggron I realized that none of the moves that Mamo used were ones that do much against Steel-types. Ice Shard, Ancientpower, and Take Down are all types which would normally register as "not very effective" when used on Steel-types (that's why I like Steel-types; they have so much defense against so many types, even an immunity to one of them).
This made me wonder, did Mamo forget Dig when it evolved from Piloswine? Dig would have been really strong against Aggron, so I wonderred why he didn't use it.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This episode was OK. Other than the Mamoswine vs Aggron battle scenes, nothing really intrigued me.