• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trials and Adulations! (587)

Where are the Nido's?

Yeah, where are they? You hardly see them on the show anymore. The last time we saw some from that line were Male and Female Nidorans in "Leading A Stray". They've become my favorite line of Pokemon. I'd really like to see a Nidoqueen on the show again. Heck, I'd like to see anyone of these Pokemon on the show again.

Also, Aggron? Again? Didn't we just see one in "Steeling Peace of Mind?"

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Good to see that Mamoswine is finally obeying Dawn

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Mamoswine finally start listening to Dawn as the episode went on. Aggron was so powerful in this episode. It just wouldn't stop using Hyper Beam on everyone. It was great to see Dawn taking such good care of Mamoswine went it was injured. It was great that Mamoswine finally was able to take down the annoying Aggron. It was cool to see Gliscor and Staraptor working together for a change to find Dawn.

40/100

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I let out a blood-curdling scream when Dawn got randomly attacked by Aggron when she tried getting water. I felt bad for Mamoswine being injured and it was at least nice to see Dawn's other Pokemon help out. I thought that those random banana trees were too convenient and Team Rocket's presence seemed really forced and redundant here imo.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I'm glad that Dawn used the skills Brock taught her to take care of Mammoswine and that her pokemon all stayed out to help. I know people want to say Brock and Dawn's relationship is bad but at the very least she did benefit from him.

JudySpell

Banned
Dawn getting ambushed by a savage Aggron was actually a good thing since it led to Mamoswine listening to her more. This was a good development episode. 7.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow another rampaging steel type. I was happy to see Dawn and her pokemon tend to Mamoswine's injury and how Dawn remembered Brock's medical tips. Also, Mamoswine eating the bananas was cute.

My favorite scene was when Dawn's Pokemon teamed up to help Mamoswine + I liked seeing an Aggron even though it was a typical bully for no reason.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Mamoswine was well overdue for some proper screen-time, so thank God he got some here. I just wish the rest of Dawn's team had more of an emphasis and development. :/

Alloutℯ

Banned
I would think Ash would be better able to handle an Aggron. Also, when Char was disobedient, at least it kicked butt when it wanted. And now we get our Charizard Chills scenario.

Shayuin

Banned
Dawn has officially stepped over the line of "You're saying 'no need to worry' too much" with this episode. This episode reminded me a lot of the Orange Islands episode where Ash was taking care of Charizard and then it finally started to listen to him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Watching Hikari and her other Pokemon tend to Manmoo was sweet, and I enjoyed seeing a wild Bossgodora since those hardly ever show up. What sealed the deal was seeing Manmoo's attitude improvement, and how he seemed ready to listen to Hikari's commands at last.

Vulpicks

I really like how Dawn remembered all that advice from Brock in that one episode and applied it. DP has been really great about having a real sense of continuity.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I really like how Dawn remembered all that advice from Brock in that one episode and applied it. DP has been really great about having a real sense of continuity.

I didn't notice this before, but Takeshi's advice coming in handy shows how Hikari always listened to his teachings even if she and Takeshi didn't talk with each other much.

Daizy

I call you honey
The whole Mamoswine story feels kind of plain. While I would've liked to have seen Mamoswine stay disobedient much longer, I'm not too fussed about it. It was also nice to see Dawn do things herself and following Brock's advice.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bossgodora versus Manmoo was kind of a disappointment at the end if I'm being honest, mainly due to Bossgodora having an obvious advantage and yet still losing against Manmoo.

Scorbunnie

Wish we had known why Mamoswine was so rude to Dawn and didn't want to listen to her. We never got an explanation for that right or did I miss it? Aggron versus Mamoswine was cool and I'm glad Dawn and her mammoth finally get along.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Scorbunnie said:
Wish we had known why Mamoswine was so rude to Dawn and didn't want to listen to her.

I assumed that the issue was similar to whatever caused Satoshi's Lizardon to begin disobeying Satoshi in OS, which seemed to be lack of respect. Urimoo evolved too quickly and didn't gain enough respect for Hikari's skills as a trainer, so it stopped following her commands since it didn't see her as being worthy enough. That changed here obviously, but that's how I previously saw the situation.

Scorbunnie

I assumed that the issue was similar to whatever caused Satoshi's Lizardon to begin disobeying Satoshi in OS, which seemed to be lack of respect. Urimoo evolved too quickly and didn't gain enough respect for Hikari's skills as a trainer, so it stopped following her commands since it didn't see her as being worthy enough. That changed here obviously, but that's how I previously saw the situation.

That does make a good head canon but I was upset that this actual episode didn't tell us that. I wish Meowth could have translated Mamoswine's issues.