• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trials and Adulations! (587)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Clash! Mamoswine VS Aggron!

Heading towards the next town, while relaxing and looking for water, Ash & Co. come across a wild Aggron. This Aggron soon causes a battle to start with Dawn's Mamoswine. However, Mamoswine still will not obey Dawn. As Mamoswine gets injured, Dawn starts to take care of it. Will a bond form again?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Gliscor_111

it was cool to see Mamoswine and Dawn working together, for once. although, i couldn't tell if it was just a one time thing, or if Mamoswine will listen to her for good. the very end of the episode didn't seem very promising.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Hope you all are having fun playing "Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Version: Congratulations Sucker, You Payed 35 Bucks Just to Play as a Toaster". Since I'm also in the mood for rehashing material from two years ago, here comes DP119 Review: Bullet Style! (I'll leave some stuff for you Jup, don't worry)

- Aggron: "Git away from ma spring watur missy! See the sign? It says, 'TRESPASSERS WILL BE HYPER BEAMED'."
- Aggron is the Pokemon version of Mimefan. He enjoys beating up on Pokemon mascots for the hell of it, but lacks any intelligent reason for doing so.
- Mukuhawk is only taller than Gliscor if you count the hair. Cheater.
- Hikari: "Oh God, I've gotta escape from Santa Barbara County ASAP! I heard Michael Jackson's going back on tour!"
- ATTN: Kazue Kinoshita - Yanmega hates you.
- James has Aggron Lv. X from the TCG. Apparently that's more powerful than Aggron EX, which in turn was more powerful than standard Aggron.
- You know what works better than a flare? ICE BEAM! Everyone in the Pokemon world loves it. Everyone.
- Mamoswine down. I swear I've seen this all before somewhere, disregarding the fact that Mamoswine is way freaking cooler than Charizard.
- Flashback! Oh crap, that dumb filler about Pachirisu getting sick and Muku.BIRD vs. Laffy Taffy is actually relevant now?
- Cue traditional sappy ballad for healing scene. Note that Mamoswine is still cooler than Charizard.
- Please explain to me how it's physically possible for Pochama to manipulate molecules by having a giant whirlpool suddenly dimisnish to nothing in a bucket without swallowing it back up. Oh yeah, I forgot - it's Pochama, who controls the laws of physics and chemistry as we know it.
- That's right, Ambipom. Bash that stupid rock into the ground and make noise with it. How else do you think Nickelback became popular? (oh dear, two musical artist slams in one review)
- Mecha Golem is a new one, but I'm still waiting for Mecha Dunsparce.
- Mamoswine now defends Dawn. Is this truly the end of its minimally-developed disobedience run? Is this Cinnabar Gym or "Charizard Chills"?
- Mamoswine now more obedient but retains Gonbe-like personality of 'Food First'

And true to form, my bullet points have grossly exaggerated the excitement of an episode that was mediocre, quite frankly. For as much flack as I give the Orange League, "Charizard Chills" was a way better episode with better emotion, battling, and development (but equally s***ty animation; "Charizard Chills" was Takeda). While it's unclear if Mamoswine will continue to put food before battling, I really feel its defiant traits weren't used to their full potential.

BM14murph

Master Collector
At least it wasn't a total rip off of charizard chills

I still don't no if mamoswine is gonna start listening to her now though?

uber gon

Accept Change
Meh I'm sure that food thing will be the running gag for Mamoswine.

Devastator1

Meh I'm sure that food thing will be the running gag for Mamoswine.
Overall, good episode. i like the fact the Ash use both staraptor and gliscor to scout instead of just staraptor. The thing i hated is that Aggron was acting like like the alpha dog hyperbeaming everything that steps on its territory, but ran off after getting hit by a ice shard and hidden power, it could have at least put up a better fight. Its obvious that mamo will start obeying dawn from now, but with a gluttonous nature it wont pay attention when there's food around.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I like that "Doc Brock" was referrenced in this episode, because at least they did something with Dawn actually learning how to care for her Pokemon. I thought it would have just been this "hey I think it'd be really cool if Brock actually taught Ash and Dawn something." I'm glad they remembered about it.

I was expecting a rehash of "Charizard Chills" and "Cutting the Ties That Bind." I'm glad it seems Mamoswine is still not fully obedient yet.

Was there an opening with today's fun-filled hour? If so, I missed it. Was Staraptor present? I'd love to see those updated pics.

Isis-sama

I really hope this doesn't turn out to be the end for Mamoswine's disobedience. It wasn't really that amusing watching it ignore Dawn completely, but they didn't do anything of consequence with it. Having it begin to obey but still doing its own thing when it feels it's justified (maybe screwing up the appeal in Dawn's next Contest) would be a better plot development, I think. Then we can have about 10 or 15 episodes of that before it obeys completely.

kpt25

Steel type trainer
He did appear,briefly,but Staraptor appears indeed
This was an amusing episode...seeing Aggron more than 5 minutes in an episode is always a treat for me ;306;

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
I was expecting a rehash of "Charizard Chills" and "Cutting the Ties That Bind." I'm glad it seems Mamoswine is still not fully obedient yet.

Meh she's probably a naturally hunger species. It's probably the stereotype of pigs.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Actually, the Mecha Golem was in that Battle Frontier Elekid episode where Phanpy evolved also.

/nerd post

I'm embarrassed to admit that I knew that too.

Anyway at least it wasn't another Steelix! Aggron didn't get much appearances back in Hoenn, oddly enough. It was only in the Steven episode and then Tyson battled an Aggron in the Hoenn league, but that was it till Battle Frontier.

Man, its times like these I wonder why they don't use Nidoking and Nidoqueen as "rampaging" Pokemon. Where are the Nido's?

Porygandrew

Where are the Nido's?

I'm sure they're reserved for another Double Battle! Lovely Battle! episode.
Either the Nidos are fighting together or falling in love, hasn't it seemed? I know Gary has at least a Nidoking, but doesn't he have a 'queen as well?

I'm sure a rampaging Nidoking episode will deal with it protecting its Nidoqueen mate and their offspri- oh wait.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah, its a shame Gary doesn't use his Nidoking or Nidoqueen anymore.

But between Blastoise (his starter), Umbreon (his second main Pokemon), and Electrivire (Sinnoh advert), I guess there's no room for them.

Of course the fact that Gary was only in 2 DP eps after all this time doesn't help matters either, the guy barely appears in the show in the first place.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Was there an opening with today's fun-filled hour? If so, I missed it. Was Staraptor present? I'd love to see those updated pics.

I actually don't think there was an opening shown, or atleast the Youtube videos don't have one. They sometimes don't have openings with these big hour specials.

I wouldn't be surprised if next week they go ahead and change the opening around since it's going into HD.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Hmm...the place I get my weekly low-quality dose (i.e. not YouTube) had an opening. Here, lemme take some really sub-par shots (size reduced to 1/3 to make less grainy):

[img139]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1152/hawkb.jpg[/img139][img139]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9092/hawk1.jpg[/img139][img139]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1507/hawk2.jpg[/img139]