• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Triassic Poll

And the shortlist is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
WSC_InitPoll_01.png

WSC_InitPoll_02.png
WSC_InitPoll_04.png

Another Week, Another Poll

And here we have the first or initial poll for the week where we focussed on a trio of Dinosaurs. We only had nine entries, so there is only one initial poll. You still get three votes and this will be around for 4 days.

Water_Dino_Trio_by_Tropiking.gif
SPINOSAUR8149756506-iaza.gif
allinone7156095748iaza.gif
week_871906888821-iaza.gif
Week87.png
WSC6582022082-iaza.gif
FireDino.gif
Thistle.png
scratch_fire_starters6631614402-iaza.gif

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
Antisocial got my vote. WPS and Willy's sprites were very good as well

wilycoyote64 and antisocial464 are the coolest in my opinion. I also voted for tropiking. noobiess's 2nd and 3rd forms were not bad, but the first form looks too much like charmander.

-Raiga-

Antisocial blows everyone away, nobody is even close.

I was especially disappointed in WPS's entry. I thought all of them had way too dark outlines with little smoothing of them. Also the shading, particularly on the middle pokemon in the chain was pretty bad. Usually shading follows the shape of the object, but thats more for objects that are curved. If a light source hits a flat object, its pretty much going to hit all of it, which is why I found the shading of the pokemon in the middle to be so odd. The pokemon themselves didn't really seem to have much personality, or change much(head-wise) from evolution to evolution.

ShinySandshrew

†God Follower†
Wilycoyote64, WPS, and noobiess. WPS's was absolutely cool!

Zozo1999

has left Serebii
wilycoyote64 and antisocial464 but if I had t choose between to two, anti.

ReaperNeku

The One and Only
Anitsocial, no doubt

Tropiking

I voted for Wilycoyote64 only. I thought about voting for antisocial464 because I like the design but the shading turned me off. The shading is sparse and non-existent in some places. It seems that style is more common these days but I just don't like it. I don't mind a little less shading then previous sprites had (I myself am using less shading than I used to) but people can't just blow shading off. Wilycoyote64 is the only spriter this week that has really perfected their shading.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
I voted for ReaperNeku, antisocial and WPS.

ReaperNeku: Loved the idea, I didn't really like the fact that all the forms were about the same size, but at the same time they contrasted and related nicely.

antisocial: Well, do I even need to explain. The colors are pleasing, the shading is unique, as are the designs themselves, so I mean... yeah.

WPS: Not the best of your entries, but still a creative and fun entry. The coloring could have been better, and the bodies on the last two seem off a little, bu tother than that a cool entry.

I also have to give noobiess credit for a great entry. The only reason I didn't vote for it is because 1) I don't have 4 votes and 2) the first evolution looks way different... style wise, I suppose you would say, from the evolutions. But still, great entry.

-Raiga-

I voted for Wilycoyote64 only. I thought about voting for antisocial464 because I like the design but the shading turned me off. The shading is sparse and non-existent in some places. It seems that style is more common these days but I just don't like it. I don't mind a little less shading then previous sprites had (I myself am using less shading than I used to) but people can't just blow shading off. Wilycoyote64 is the only spriter this week that has really perfected their shading.

I know I mentioned the same thing in a poll a little while back, buts its nice to see that someone sees it the same way I do. You lose a lot of depth in your sprites using that style, and sometimes looks like an excuse for being unsure of how to shade something correctly. Although antisocial does handle it the best out of the group of spriters who use it on here.

antisocial464

Black and White
I voted for ReaperNeku, WPS, and noobiess

ReaperNeku: I don't get why he doesn't have more votes, I think they're pretty solid sprites, although they do all seem to have the same head. Also I kinda get like a tar or oil vibe from it and it seem perfect considering it's dinosaurs.

WPS: I'm don't love these sprites, but they are very creative and I really like the angle of the last form.

noobiess: I really like these except for the first one. I think the tail on the middle needs a little work, but the overall idea for these is pretty awesome. The flames as the stegosaurus spikes and the pitchfork tail... genius.