• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trick Room REVAMPED (OU)

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
Yeah. Revamped for me. My old team was getting destroyed on PSD (that's Pokemon Showdown, kiddies!) and rather than sulking in my own pity, I decided to start fresh! And, you know, create a test profile on PSD.

Jokes aside, this team is sort of a bulky offense team, especially since I don't need Speed investments. As you can assume, there are no Speed IV's, unless a Hidden Power is in use.

:579:
I started with a Trick Room staple --- Reuniclus. As one of the premier Special Attackers in TR, great defensive capabilities, and Magic Guard, there's a 90% chance Reuniclus is going out first.

:579: ;232;
Before this team got too far along, I decided on five things that I needed. 1: Ground-Type attacker. 2: Entry hazard support. 3: Rapid Spin support. 4: Priority attack, in case Trick Room is a bad idea (Conkeldurr, anyone?). 5: Appliable Physical bulk. On top of that, I needed slow members. Lucky for me, Donphan answers every one of those calls, with 100+ Atk and Def, and only 50 Base Speed. Also a good idea vs. something like Rampardos, as it can still function out of Trick Room.

:579: ;232; ;242;
With a Reuniclus set to attack, and a Donphan, I was specially lacking. Looking at the list of Special walls in OU, one jutted out: Blissey. She has the HP of a Full Restore factory, the Special Defense of a Light-Screened Amnesia user, and some support options I would need later on.

:579: ;232; ;242; ;080;
With half the open slots filled, and only 1 taken up by a TR user, I needed a really great idea right then. Then it hit me. *story time with uncle Marowak* No, not the idea, a falling bookshelf. Upon such a bookshelf was an old sticker book, and a Slowbro graced the front cover. */story* With beastly defenses, the newfound hope in Regenerator, and some decent capabilities for STAB, things were looking up for me.

:579: ;232; ;242; ;080; ;485;
You know what sounds good? Willophazing. Burn one, send them off. You know what else sounds good? Steel defensive guys. Great typing for walling, nix the 4x weakness teaming up with Fire brought about. This hot-tempered (double pun FTW) amphibian-looking thing sounded pretty good.

:579: ;232; ;242; ;080; ;485; ;103;
Wh-what is this? An Exeggutor, common in NU and only there, on a team with 4 OU Pokemon? Yes indeedy. Ever since this team was invented before, sun sweepers like Volcarona and Venusaur could run rampant if Trick Room was down. What I needed was something that could also hog the sunlight, put up its own speed-swap, and stall like crazy. Having a monstrous base 125 SAtk, the whole "success doesn't grow on trees" thing has been proven very, very wrong.

:579: ;232; :589: ;080; ;485; ;103;
After some tests, I realized something. I had one physical user, one Seismic Tosser, and 4 Special users. If Donphan fainted, physical walls and sweepers wrecked me as well. That's where Escy somes in. While Wish/Aromatherapy support was nice, I'd rather have a chance against KILLING Gliscor, rather just shaking it off and attempting to stall out, usually at Blissey's expense.

[any future team changes go here]

IN-DEPTH:

iaza13945291473900.png
@ Life Orb
Quiet, Magic Guard
-Trick Room
-Psyshock
-Focus blast
-Shadow Ball
176 HP, 252 SpAtk, 76 SDef

As mentioned, a Trick Room Staple. Trick room is vital for the entire purpose of this team, which is a giant middle finger in Scarf Mons' faces, and an exfoliating lotion for the faces of slower ones. Psyshock is a tad weaker, but preferred as it hits Blisseys and others for surprisingly high amounts of damage. Focus Blast works like a charm against Steels if it hits, and Shadow ball goes great alongside. The latter even handles other Reuniclus!

80__slowbro_by_happycrumble-d30ckw8.png
@ Leftovers
Relaxed, Regenerator
-Trick Room
-Scald
-Slack Off
-Ice Beam
248 HP, 244 SpAtk, 16 SpDef
A Trick Room boss in a tier below this one, Slowbro still manages to be as dynamic of a duo as Batman and Robin. Trick Room is still the same as before. Scald is fun, as it can burn almost a third of the time. Regenerator is sweet, but if you can't switch out, just be lazy! Slack Off is a reliable recovery, giving you back half your health in an instant. Ice Beam won't win me a creativity award, but it's practical, taking care of Grass and Dragon, Flying and Ground.

iaza13945297904600.png
@ Lum Berry
Relaxed, Harvest
-Trick Room
-Rest
-Giga Drain
-Hypnosis
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SAtk
Wishful thinking FTW! Or, you know, not wishful and just thinking. Regardless, meet my tertiary TR user, sun abuser, FWG corer, and Harvest horror. Trick Room blah blah blah. Rest is normally a one-time thing, or paired with Sleep Talk, but since Berry Recovery is more likely than ShedRest, and guaranteed in the dreaded sun, it works. Giga Drain is for a more Taunt-safe recovery option, and is still reliable. Hypnosis is a bit unreliable, but a sleeping Volcarona is a dead one in Trick Room. This thing is an ultimate counter to Terrakion if Trick Room is up.

heatran_fire.png
@ Air Balloon
Sassy, Flash Fire
-Lava PLume
-Will-o-Wisp
-Dragon Pulse
-Roar
252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 SAtk
So useful. In and out, I can utilize my Burnphazer to ruin physical users even more. Will-O-Wisp and Roar create a spread of searing pain throughout anyone not already Fire-Type, since there aren't any Water Veil users seen that often. Lava PLume is a fun one, as it can burn, even if I'm taunted. Dragon Pulse is here for 3 primary reasons. It whoops Dragonite and Salamence, it goes great with Fire, and it has no IV prerequisits, so it is on over HP Ice. Balloon > Leftovers so I can at least somewhat last longer in Sand.

iaza13945297420600.png
@ Leftovers
Relaxed, Sturdy
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid SPin
252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def
Standard set, but let me explain anyway. EQ is STAB, Ice Shard is priority, Stealth ROck is entry hazard support, and rapid spin is also entry hazard support, but helps me out. Technically, it's "Defensive Rapid Spin", but with Ice Shard > Knock off / Toxic.

tumblr_li1czhETLy1qa5504o1_500.png
@ Choice Band
Brave, Swarm
-Megahorn
-Iron Head
-Pursuit
-Toxic
252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Def

Oh, Trick Room, why did you wait a whole generation to reveal your best warrior? Megahorn + ~120 Attack + STAB + Swarm? You got yourself one Hell of a move, there. Iron head's pretty good, too, and goes along with the Snail's abyssmal movepool. Pursuit takes a bit of prediction to operate, but I think I got it down by now. Toxic helps to mess up non-Breloom/Gliscors by guaranteeing them dead in 6 turns. Let's say there's a non-Heatran Fire-Type. Toxic Time! Oh, joy. What fun.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 SDef
Quiet Nature
-Trick Room
-Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
-Trick Room
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Slack Off

Exeggutor @ Lum Berry
Trait: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
-Trick Room
-Rest
-Hypnosis
-Giga Drain

Donphan @ Leftovers
Trait: sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Stealth ROck
-Rapid Spin

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
-Megahorn
-Iron Head
-Pursuit
-Toxic

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
-Lava PLume
-Will-o-Wisp
-Dragon Pulse
-Roar

Any comments made should also include constructive criticism, or some sort of advice. Art belongs to anyone who made them, and they deserve the credit. Changes in red. Anything you say can and will most likely be tested at some point. Go to town... and thank you!​

Last edited:

Klaus™

Banned
cant see anything particularly wrong about this, and pretty good synergy. nice job, though this is a lot like your other team. but, why cb on escavalier? it has toxic. and any major threats on the team?

(btw maro, check out my thread, as i need help on a cofag set.)

Soperman

The One and Only
How is Exeggutor (or whatever) a counter to sun? It's weak to both Volcarona and Venasaur, who can hit it hard without being hurt too badly.
Other than that, without Heatran, you have a massive Volcarona weakness.

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
cant see anything particularly wrong about this, and pretty good synergy. nice job, though this is a lot like your other team. but, why cb on escavalier? it has toxic. and any major threats on the team?

(btw maro, check out my thread, as i need help on a cofag set.)

It was supposed to be similar to my other teams, That's why it's REVAMPED.

Toxic is on CBEscy because I never really stay in with him for more than a single turn, anyway.

Major threats: Rotom-W, Sun Sweepers, Infernape if Trick Room is down, certain Dragons.

soperman said:
HOw is Exeggutor a counter to the sun?
Well, I --- hey look! A distraction! *runs away*

It basically reaped the opponents' sunlight, and sorta took Venusaur on with Psyshock. I feel this team would work better if there was no weather, but whatever. Slowbro can handle a Volcarona if it doesn't use Bug Buzz, which is rare. Donphan also helped a little, but I see what you mean.

Last edited:

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
...Anything else?

I got into a battle and encountered this Latios. It might have been Specially bulky, but it ripped through me. Seriously. To shreds. Like a hot knife through melted butter. Sun is kinda giving me trouble, too.