• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tricks Of The Trade! (148)

Team Rocket Admin

Factory Head Noland said:
It really is! I think Wobbuffet is just awesome.

Do you think that we will ever see Lickitung again?

With these writers, don't get your hopes up. I liked this episode, and it was sad to see Lickitung go.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm getting excited because it's nearly been five years since this episode first aired in the U.S. (March 24, 2001). I'm planning a mini-marathon of my favorite Wobbuffet episodes to celebrate in late March. :)

Aptenodytes

Oh! This is one of my all time favorite episodes! Jessie gets a Wobby and loses that ugly Tung yay! The plot was great and i enjoyed it the whole way through.

PAK Man

I was re-watching this episode yesterday and have been wondering about this for the past few years...

[IMG200]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/johto/146/043.jpg[/IMG200] [IMG200]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/medea10/Random/HOSO109.jpg[/IMG200]
The guy to the right...Is he Tracey's long lost brother?

I remember that guy from when I first saw the episode. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was played by Ted Lewis (the one line he said sounded a lot like him).

Anyways, this episode had its ups and downs. For one, it was slightly more entertaining than the other trading episode we had seen (Battle Aboard the St. Anne) because the Pokemon that was traded actually was kept by its trainer instead of traded back.

But at the same time, I was sad to see Ash send his Heracross to Professor Oak's. Heracross was strong, and I don't believe it needed to be sent to Oak's. The only times we've seen it since are when Ash goes to Pallet Town, in the Johto League and
battling against Spenser's Venusaur
At least it's better than that rumor I heard years ago that Ash gave Heracross to a student who was studying Pokemon. Then we would NEVER have seen it again.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Great debut ep for Wobuffet, although I didn't like Ash sending his Heracross back to Prof. Oak's lab. He was just getting used to that bug pokemon.

De HotShot Mon

Smack Down time
Those pokemon that Ash was offered for his Tauros, he could've used them. And why couldn't Ash just get a few more Tauros from Oak and trade them for the other pokemon.

By the way, could anyone list the pokemon the Ash was offered? In the book adaptation I had, he was offered a Nidoqueen, Rhyhorn and Onix but I'm not sure that's what it was in the anime.

squirtleboy12

christian 4ever
lickitung just didnt fit team tocket so im glad of that trade and woby is hilarious so

10/10

Meh, Lickitung was hardly seen, now we get this "big blue thing" that is funny and pops out of it's PokeBall and annoys TR all the time, lol

Battra

Alright the first appearance of Jessie's Wobbuffet in what was an excellent episode. Nice to see one of Ash's many Tauros get used again even if it is only for a couple of episodes. As for Lickitung nice to see it go to Benny who willl treat it properly unlike Jessie, it's to bad that Lickitung wasn't featured more in the series as Wobbuffet is but I guess thats the luck of the draw.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
Those pokemon that Ash was offered for his Tauros, he could've used them. And why couldn't Ash just get a few more Tauros from Oak and trade them for the other pokemon.

By the way, could anyone list the pokemon the Ash was offered? In the book adaptation I had, he was offered a Nidoqueen, Rhyhorn and Onix but I'm not sure that's what it was in the anime.

I just watched it again and Ash was offered the same, and Benny also thought about trading Wobbuffet for it as well.

I thought it was a good episode 9 out of 10.

Manchee

extra toasty
I hate this EP. It gave Jessie Wobbuffet and she lost her perfectly good Lickitung! Lickitung was my favorite Pokémon on Jessie's team besides Arbok...

uber gon

Accept Change
I hate this EP. It gave Jessie Wobbuffet and she lost her perfectly good Lickitung! Lickitung was my favorite Pokémon on Jessie's team besides Arbok...

Yeah, and I REALLY wanna see Lickylicky in the animé.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I liked Licikitung too but Wobbufett was overall better.

This ep was great for several reasons:

- First return of the Magikarp salesman since the St. Anne episode

- Tauros competition in which Ash wins with his Tauros.

- Wobbufett's debut

Great ep. Too bad all Johto eps weren't like this.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
yeah wobbufett was a good choice for rocket, they manage to make a disaster of every situation everytime again.

Mr. Smile

This episode was awesome! First, we get to see Ash use one of his Tauros which was totally great considering the fact that he doesn't use his Tauros as much as he uses his other Pokemon. Then we see a flashback from the first season. Then Jessie receives a Wobuffet, and loses her Lickitung. It was also sad to see Lickitung go. I was hoping to see more actions of Lickitung. All in all, a very decent episode. 10/10

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Aww, I kinda miss Lickitung... well, I hope that kid takes care of it. I totally loved the accidental trade ^_^ Wobbuffet is awesome! It seems happier with Jessie than it did with Benny.

pokemon fan 132

One of the better Johto episodes for sure.It was nice that Jessie get Wobbuffet through trade with Benny in exchange for her Lickitung.Altough i miss sometimes Lickitung,he was a good member of her team and i wonder what happened with him.

Anyway it was also nice to see Ash winning Tauros competition with one of his numerous Tauros and the addition of Magikarp Salesman was boonus aswell.His return for sure brought back memories from St.Anne episode from Kanto.

All in all,in the end im glad that Wobbuffet become the mainstay of Team Rocket team.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I was sad to see Lickitung go, but i think Wobuffet is a better fit with Jessie.