• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tricks Of The Trade! (148)

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I am really going to miss Lickitung. Although, I think Wobbufet will be a good addition to Team Rocket. I am glad that Benny was able to find someone to trade with him, even if it was by accident. I also liked the return of the Magikarp salesman. I would of thought that James would have recognized the scam earlier though. I am also really sad that Ash gave his Heracross to Prof. Oak. Heracross is a really strong pokemon, and it was finally getting some decent training. I also don't understand why Ash didn't trade one of his other Tauros for either Onix, Nidoqueen, or Rhyhorn. However, the Tauros competition was pretty exciting. I also liked how everybody wanted Misty's Psyduck.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Wobbufet seems strange when he was Benny's.

and i think Ash was great in the Taurus tournament..

9/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The first posts says the town is "obsessed with trading". I think they were only obsessed because it was a special occasion. If anything, they were obsessed with Tauros stampedes.

I liked that Team Rocket found a way to cheat everyone out of their Pokeballs for the hundredth time in the anime. A trading machine? Ingenious!

Wobbuffet accidently gets traded to Jessie in exchange for her Lickitung and I died a little inside. I was hoping they'd trade again, but apparently the writers planned for this. Bye bye Lickitung. 8/10

saar

Shiny Flygon
Lickitung being replaced- a good decision of the writers. They should have done it earlier.
No I'm thinking Team Rocket without Wobbufet it's not the same team!

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Wobbufet for the 1st time, but I really wish Jessie didn't trade her Likitung for it... Ash was great in the Tauros tournament.

11/100

TheEpicGoomba

HELL YES my favorite Pokemon charcters debut, Wobbufet!. Epic seeing it for the first time. I'm so glad that Jessie caught it I did not like Lickitung that much any way

WOBBUFET

10/10

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Wooper!
That Snubbull is still stalking Meowth lol! The idea behind the trade fair was interesting, and I like how Misty didn't want to give away her Psyduck. She so loves that Psyduck! I wasn't too bothered about Lickitung leaving Team Rocket seeing as it wasn't used that much, and it didn't seem like Jessie was too bothered either lol.

Blessed

This episode was hilarious, I just love how Ash won the tauros competition and despite Misty not liking Psyduck deep down inside she really does love her ducky LOL. I felt a little sad for Jessie cuz she gave up her Likitung but Wobba is cute.

Last edited:
I like how Misty didn't want to give away her Psyduck. She so loves that Psyduck!

I loved that as well. I don't think she'll ever admit it, but she loves Psyduck! And I love Psyduck as well.

I wasn't too bothered about Lickitung leaving Team Rocket seeing as it wasn't used that much, and it didn't seem like Jessie was too bothered either lol.

I agree. Lickitung got so few screen time, I never grew attached to it, while I did grew attached to James's Victreebell when I was a little kid.

This episode was hilarious

100% agreed!

I just love how Ash won the tauros competition

I liked the idea of the Tauros competition in general, it was really original.

and despite Misty not liking Psyduck deep down inside she really does love her ducky LOL.

Misty not liking Psyduck? It's her favourite Pokemon next to Togepi/Togetic, and she definitely loves it!

I felt a little sad for Jessie cuz she gave up her Likitung but Wobba is cute.

I don't see Wobbuffet as cute, but I do think Wobbuffet is hilarious!

However, I really do think Wobbuffet ruined Team Rocket's anthem/motto... It was more fun without Wobbuffet...

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Jessie should have gotten Wobbuffet as TR just wouldn't be the same without it -- But I don't think she should've gotten it like this, simply because Lickitung is awesome.

Sayho1234

Jessie got her Wobbuffet through a trade instead of catching it in the wild? I see what you did there writers XD. It would've been difficult to catch Wobbuffet in the wild due to it's counter & mirror coat attacks, so this was the best way for Jessie to "catch" Wobbuffet.

I was upset that she lost her Lickitung for it back when I first watched this episode as a child, not so much because I was attached to Lickitung but moreso because I thought Jessie had lost one of her good battling pokemon for a pokemon that doesn't battle at all -_-. I got over it though & Wobbuffet grew on me.

7threst

Wow, the Magikarp Salesman finally makes another appearance. I love that recurring character - scamming people with his Magikarp talk. Also, Wobbuffet was a nicer addition to Lickitung. Lickitung made not that many appearances and didn't had much of a character too, whereas Wobbuffet was hilarious for the most of the times and was like " Team Rocket's Psyduck" and that is why I prefer Wobbuffet more than Lickitung.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
This episode marks the debut of one of my favorite comic relief characters on television, Wobbuffet. Love that guy.

I'm sorry, but what did Benny think when he thought of offering Wobbuffet? I love Wobbeffut and all, but it seemed like he was setting himself up for embarrassment. Well, goodbye Lickitung. I'm really surprised that Lickitung didn't act surprised or anything and the gang too. I guess what Ekans said in the Pokemon Land episode was true.

NPT

Just a member
Tricks Of The Trade!

This is the episode where Jessie gets Wobbuffet, who only acts as a comic relief untill the XY saga.....where he actually battles. Anyways, I have to admit, it was a good episode.

Pros:

- Ash using one of his 30 Tauros and winning the Tauros competition.

- Misty not wanting to give her Psyduck. This shows how much she matured since the Kanto saga, where she really disliked Psyduck and in one episode.....she almost dropped a Bicycle on Psyduck! o_O

- The MAGIKARP salesman!

- The trade between Jessie's Lickitung and Benny's Wobbuffet.

- Ash using Tauros to blast Team Rocket off.

Cons:

- Team Rocket tying everyone up like that.

- The lack of emotions after the trade.

Last edited:

zhixun

This is the episode where Jessie gets Wobbuffet, who only acts as a comic relief untill the XY saga.....where he actually battles. Anyways, I have to admit, it was a good episode.

Pros:

- Ash using one of his 30 Tauros and winning the Tauros competition.

- Misty not wanting to give her Psyduck. This shows how much she matured since the Kanto saga, where she really disliked Psyduck and in one episode.....she almost dropped a Bicycle on Psyduck! o_O

- The MAGIKARP salesman!

- The trade between Jessie's Lickitung and Benny's Wobbuffet.

- Ash using Tauros to blast Team Rocket off.

Cons:

- Team Rocket tying everyone up like that.

- The lack of emotions after the trade.

Sonans is my favourite Pokémon in my opinion. He always acts like a fourth member of the team and somewhat can cool down Musashi's impatient attitude.

Ah, the Magikarp salesman returns to screw James out of more of his money. Awesome!
Welcome to Team Rocket, Wobbuffet!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Sigh. I really liked the way that Wobbuffet was portrayed here; it was somewhat more serious, hence why it pains me that Jessie ended up with it. Anyway, seeing James water Victreebel at the start of the episode was funny, and I was surprised that Ash had Oak send him a Tauros just so that he could compete in that Tauros tournament.