• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Triple Battle Team Hole Filler

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
Recently, I swept through the battle mansion's triple battle with this team. However, I have a major problem now, which I shall explain shortly. First however, I shall present my team as it once was. This team has a very simple build; two physical sweepers, two supporters, and two special sweepers.

402.png

Kricketune@ Zoom Lens
Impish, Swarm
EVs; 252 hp 4Atck 126 defense 126 special defense
Sing
Taunt
Sticky Web
X-scissors
My status harasser, and sticky web setter. (also my pet and token bug type) Zoom Lens so Sing hits every once in a blue moon. Fairly reliable accuracy boost, as Kricketune is quite slow. While entry hazards are no where near as potent in triples as singles or doubles, I still find it a useful strategy.

537.png

Seismetoad (SURINAME)@ Soft Sand/??? (didn't have a better item for it)
Bashful,Water Absorb
EVs; 252Attack 252 HP 4spc attack
Earthquake
Drain Punch
Hydro Pump
Sludge Bomb
One of my three leads, always partnered with my next pokemon for its immunity to earthquake. A fairly potent sweeper, clearing many pokemon with earthquake, it is also remarkably frail despite the HP investment.

630.png

Mandibuzz@Shell Bell
Brave,Overcoat
EVs; random (former in game team member)
Fly
Roost
Foul Play
Brave Bird
A former in game team member that is surprisingly efficient in the battle mansion. It works well as a counterpart to Suriname (sizeytoad) both for it's immunity to earthquake, and it's ability to cover grass types, which Suriname hates. Shell bell takes the edge off of Brave Bird's recoil.

368.png

Gorebyss (Eel)@ White Herb
Relaxed, Swift Swim
Evs; 252 Special Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Scald
Psychic
Ice Beam
Shell Smash
An incredibly potent special sweeper. Not much can out speed or stand up to it after a single shell smash. It's main problem is getting said shell smash off before fainting.

594.png

Alomomola@Leftovers
Calm, Healer
EVs; 252 HP 252 Sp Defense 4Defense
Wide Guard
Heal Pulse
Toxic
Helping Hand
A triple/double only pokemon, that can be a potent force in the right situation. It's whole purpose is to support its teammate, usually through helping hand, heal pulse, and its ability. It has attacking moves though, and thus hates taunt. It would also be quite horrible to have as your last pokemon. Despite this, it plays its role well, and partners marvelously with my next member.

mega_alakazam_by_dairoortiz-d6q75vx.png

Alakazam@ Alakazite
Modest, Trace
EVs; 252 Special Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Dazzling Gleam
Psychic
Energy Ball
Calm Mind
An absolutely amazing sweeper in triples. Dazzling Gleam hits multiple opponents with no drawbacks, and is extremely powerful. It partners best with Alomomola.

Now, Alakazam was recently given to a friend. So my question to you all is; who should she be replaced with? It must be a strong sweeper, preferably special, that works well with the rest of my team, particularly alomomola.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Personally, I'd use a Gardevoir, which can easily cover for a Alakazam. It isn't exactly as fast as an Alakazam, but has better defenses and STAB on Dazzling Gleam has got me out of a few tight corners. It could also cover as a support if it needed to.

Habblox

#Donthateprocrastin8
I'm sorry, but what's the 'Major Problem'? Is it the Alakazam switch? I may have missed it somewhere, and I admit that I skipped through the sentences (read about half of each) instead of the entire thing.

And like Iron Thunder said, Mega Gardevoir won't be as fast, but it would work because you have the Sticky Webs set up on the enemy team, and I think that will be enough to bring down the speed of any 'normal' Pokémon.

EDIT:

Lol I am so sorry I just misread your last problem. I thought the problem was that Alakazam was given BY a friend, not TO a friend.

Well, as stated before, Mega Gardevoir would be a nice choice because it still keeps Dazzling Gleam and it even gets STAB for it. I guess that as long as you keep a mega that can hit all around the place (Charizard Y + Heat Wave?) you could deal some very good damage all over the place. Megas are really useful in this because whenever a Veteran just comes up and throws out a couple of legendaries, they can absolutely destroy you if you're not ready to counter them (stupid Zapdos.)

Last edited:

backwardinduction

I agree with both of the above. Mega Gardevoir would be excellent for your team, and would have a dazzling gleam more powerful than alakazams. If you can transfer an IVed one from BW2 with hyper voice, I'd highly reccomend it, a STAB spread move with that much power from base 165 special attack demolishes in doubles/triples. Shadow Ball is its best secondary attack in terms of coverage being almost perfect along side fairy, while psyshock is good for targetting things like goodra, blissey, or florges. When I ran mega garde in competitive doubles, I used a Hyper Voice, Calm Mind, Wish, Protect set, with burn support from a sableye (Cofagrigus and Jellicent fulfill that role too). You could forgo calm mind or wish for a secondary attack depending on your needs.

As for the rest of your team, you have the problem of not carrying protect on any pokemon, which is really necessary for legitimate double/triples games. Whether it be for stalling out weather, Trick Room, or Tailwind, or just predicting and outplaying your oponent, protect is too valuable to give up for an extra coverage move in many cases.