• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Triple Leaders, Team Threats! (664)

RickHoenn

Banned
A ruined thread almost useless comments, people that don't see the episodes and whining about everything, ****.

Great for a 1st gym battle, Hiyappu (??) used a ground move against Pika, haha the three gym leaders were kind of cool and Dento as the new companion is win, nice to know this was a two-parter after all.

10/10 Best Wishes has been lovely so far!

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

I'm not even gonna get into the Pikachu stuff because it didn't win on the first try at Roark's Gym and it won't get the chance for revenge at Sanyou Gym since it looks like Mijumaru is gonna win next week.
Yes, I knew I wasn't the only one who remembered this!

Mijumaru stole the show at the end though, that epic OH JESUS! face at the end was priceless.
Yeah, Mijumaru is this show's comic relief. Which is good, especially since TR is no longer filling in that respective niche.

Mijumaru is probably the best personality I’ve seen on the show in AGES.
Can't wait to see how Tsuta- I mean, Smugleaf acts when it get's its capture/appearance.

Lol @ Iris saying Ash should have used Mamepato against Dent. I dont think Ash even remembers he has a Mamepato.
That worries me somewhat...

C_L

Candy-Sama

Kawaii Power
I liked this episode. Pikachu losing to a water-type was just... horrible, but knowing these writers, it wasn't completely out of the blue.

Going in order, I like how Ash went into the gym shouting his randomness and thinking the gym would be normal. It reminds me of the beginning of Dawn's adventure when she went into that cafe thinking it was Rowan's lab.

Koon's hairstyle is kind of illogical if you think about it, but logic is non-existent in Pokemon, so that's perfectly fine.

Mad fangirls...

And Pokabu proves that the power of pork overcomes fire, which is odd, but yeah. They should have made its evolution a flying pig. That would have been awesome.

Oh, how I pity Pikachu. A damn water-type too.

MIJUMARU'S FACE! All of its expression are great, actually, but the face at the end was just priceless.

RickHoenn

Banned
Pokabu first gym battle was nice! Ash used great strategy with Poka.

Oh my god, Mijumaru's one Ash's pokemon with greatest personality, such "overconfident" and coward! hahaha :D

to people whining why Pikachu lost, Hiyappu used EARTHQUAKE.

Teshub

Banned
Did you even see the ****ing 1st episode to say Zekrom attacked Pikachu? gosh...

i dont know japanese. but I just saw a thunderbolt looking thing hit pikachu, and then seeing him get weak in the Shootie battle.

well Mijamaru was so comical. he will definately fill in Croagunks and Piplups shoes.

Pokabu first gym battle was nice! Ash used great strategy with Poka.

Oh my god, Mijumaru's one Ash's pokemon with greatest personality, such "overconfident" and coward! hahaha :D

to people whining why Pikachu lost, Hiyappu used EARTHQUAKE.

that wasn't earthquake. it was mud sport or something like that. its a special move that lowers the power of electric moves. but apparently pikachu trpped on it, but I didnt like that a simple water gun fainted Pika (who has type advantage over water), while Mijamaru gets hit by bullet seed (grass attack he is supposed to be weak to) but ends up surviving.

Last edited:

Chimchar15

i dont know japanese. but I just saw a thunderbolt looking thing hit pikachu, and then seeing him get weak in the Shootie battle.

well Mijamaru was so comical. he will definately fill in Croagunks and Piplups shoes.

that wasn't earthquake. it was mud sport or something like that. its a special move that lowers the power of electric moves. but apparently pikachu trpped on it, but I didnt like that a simple water gun fainted Pika (who has type advantage over water), while Mijamaru gets hit by bullet seed (grass attack he is supposed to be weak to) but ends up surviving.

Pikachu is super effective against water types not resistant. Pikachu's lost was just fine. People are really not giving this episode the credit it deserves. 10/10.

Teshub

Banned
Pikachu is super effective against water types not resistant. Pikachu's lost was just fine. People are really not giving this episode the credit it deserves. 10/10.

i would give it an 8.5 because of Dento and Miju. i dont want to lower my standards just because BW is a new show.

BlueDragonfangirl

Well I liked the episode, I don't care if Pikachu lost I got used to that back in D/P. It had a lot of humor in it and a good battle. I'm liking Dento and Iris's characters a lot and there relationship with Ash so far. The Pokemon Ash has are really cool, Mijmaru has a lot of personality I must say, than Pokabu is pretty awesome. The bird will get a chance to shine some time soon I'm sure of it, we are only at episode five after all. I'm really liking Ash's character this series, he's been cracking me up. Over all, I just love Best Wishes, I hope those fan girls stay at the gym though LOLz.

Snegy

Doctor WHO?
Just wanted to add two points:

1) This episode was awesome;

2) People complain a lot.

Thanks. :)

Will comment later after I watch the subbed version... I'm sure there's a lot to catch.

Joe.

I really enjoyed this:

-Not only does it look like Pokabu won't be a "baby", but more like Bulbasaur (if it doesn't evolve) and he won his first battle, yay.

-Hiyappu beating Pikachu was amazing, that little rat didn't even land a hit!

-They really couldn't let Mamepato battle the GRASS monkey? I've already seen enough of the ugly otter, and this just started. Stupid writers "WE MUST ADVERTISE THE STARTER EVEN WHEN IT'S NOT NEEDED HUR HUR", if anything I was hoping Miju would be sent out and then be too chicken to battle and the bird would get a chance so we could assure it's still alive, but nah.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Lol @ Iris saying Ash should have used Mamepato against Dent. I dont think Ash even remembers he has a Mamepato.

Yes... this is sad...

I hope Mamepato goes into this rebellious stage. Its mad at Ash for basically forgetting about it. TBH it swould be cool and would give Mamepato something different than Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow, and Staraptor.

Joe.

Yes... this is sad...

I hope Mamepato goes into this rebellious stage. Its mad at Ash for basically forgetting about it. TBH it swould be cool and would give Mamepato something different than Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow, and Staraptor.

Brilliant. If this was the direction they are going I take back the stupid writers comment, but I doubt this is the case.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if those are permanent cheerleaders/staff or just random people.

TheNewGuy

Mijumaru is really growing on me. I've changed my mind - I think it WILL evolve and that it will become a powerhouse (mirroring the design of the Pokemon's faimly in general)

It's cool.

JD

The move was Mud Sport. Hiyappu can't learn Level Ground, Earthquake or any of those moves. I think that Corn used Water Gun on the ground and then Mud Sport to make Pikachu trip and fall. On the mud

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Dento, Pod, and Corn wow! What a great character he turned out to be, I really like Dento and the element Monkeys, I think I found my new favorite character for this region at last. They were really good character's. The Gym battle was okay, nothing about it really stood out for me that much, but Pikachu going down shouldn't surprise anyone, it sure didn't surprise me, truthfully I would have been shocked had it won a fight. The Bird Pokemon that Ash caught (Who I don't know it's name) has still been absent and not used so far and Iris gave off a Misty like vibe during the start of this episode, yeah that'll be interesting. Anyway Dento, Corn, and Pod made this episode for me and even Team Rocket's meeting has me interested. Never thought I'd ever be happy to see more Team Rocket screen time. Anyway I hope Dento will continue to be a good character and not tank later on.

TicoPokemonMaster

Dento, Pod, and Corn wow! What a great character he turned out to be, I really like Dento and the element Monkeys, I think I found my new favorite character for this region at last. They were really good character's. The Gym battle was okay, nothing about it really stood out for me that much, but Pikachu going down shouldn't surprise anyone, it sure didn't surprise me, truthfully I would have been shocked had it won a fight. The Bird Pokemon that Ash caught (Who I don't know it's name) has still been absent and not used so far and Iris gave off a Misty like vibe during the start of this episode, yeah that'll be interesting. Anyway Dento, Corn, and Pod made this episode for me and even Team Rocket's meeting has me interested. Never thought I'd ever be happy to see more Team Rocket screen time. Anyway I hope Dento will continue to be a good character and not tank later on.

I will have to agree, it been years since I have sat through a team rocket scene without fast fowarding it. It came to the point that i would skip the motto and some of their talking and went straight to the action. But this new Team Rocket has me wanting to see more. I hope that they don't go back to there old ways too quickly.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Alright, now this is more like it. After four fairly average episodes we finally hit a great one. An episode with characters that have good personalities, nice battles, great music, and a fairly unexpected cliff hanger ending.

I'm really liking how this battle is turning out, and even though I know it probably won't take up too much time during the next episode, it's good that they made it last more than one episode. I'm also enjoying Dento so far, along with Koon and Poddo. I hope those two appear every once in a while, it definitely be nice.

I find the cheerleaders entertaining. I might get a laugh out of it if the writers were to make girls swoon over Dento, rather than the other way around as was with Brock. Although, considering how the writers over do gags, maybe they better not.

Pokabu shows impressive prowess during its very first battle, and Mijumaru continues to be amusing. And Mamepato... well Iris mentioned it.

Overall, it's the best Best Wishes episode far. Honestly, if the rest of Best Wishes keeps this up, I'll highly enjoy it.