• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Triple Leaders, Team Threats! (664)

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I liked the looks on Mijumaru's face when that solar beam was fired. The last battle was funny but good. Still is there news on what TR were talking to Giovanni this episode?

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
My manliness be damned, Pokabu running back to Ash with that proud smirk on it's face was the most adorable thing I've seen on Pokemon.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I agree. Mijumary is too cute. Although I don't like such poke'mon, the writers did a wonder with him so far. My only concern is that I wanted Ash to have a fully evolved water type, but having to kill off such a personality would be a shame, since a coward Daiken won't look too good onscreen would it?

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Dento is really popular with the girls, isn't he? The absolute opposite of our old Brocko XD

Well, I like the battle between Ash and Pod, Pokabu did a fine job, it was a very entertaining battle it put up there though Ash vs Corn was just terrible -_- can't believe Pikachu lost so easily like that, not to mention to a water monkey which it has an advantage on... What a shame *sign*. I curse u and ur stupid damn plot power 4 this, writers!

Anyway, as 4 Ash vs Dento, the battle is not done yet but I love it so far, I mean, Mijumaru was just so awesome and cute. At first, acted so confident then completely turned into a coward just like when it was facing Futachimaru in the last ep. Its expressions were priceless <3 also I liked it how Yanappu's solar beam looked just like kamehameha, it's quite funny, somehow...

Overall, a decent ep even though the second battle did ruin the fun... Can't wait to see how Mijumaru will turn the battle around in the next ep :)

Last edited:

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Oh yeah, with Dento being a girl magnet, I'd like to see how that turns out in the rest of the series.

Chimchar15

This episode gets a 10/10 for me. Seriously get over it. Pikachu lost at the beginning of DP remember? After he had one hit KO'd a Regice, so it's not surprising. It's not like Pikachu lost to one attack either I mean Koon had a great strategy. Using water gun on Pikachu's legs therefore cutting it's balance and speed was great. They way Hiyapuu used double team was great as well as it hasn't been used like that yet. You guys need to take into account that Ash is fighting three gym leaders. Pod, Koon, and Dento are all at the level of a regular gym leader, and they're each using the top Pokemon. It was a great episode.

Is that sarcasm? Johto team only had personality to separate them from others. I am gonna rephrase that as 'Mijumaru has more personality than all the Kanto starters + all the birds +Turtwig\Grotle\Torterra and few others that I can't remember right now'

Miju is funny and all but I think it can become a screen time hog. What happened to the bird? Miju comes out in every episode but the bird hasn't been shown since its capture. I hope Miju doesn't end up like Piplup or Chimchar cause if that happens then by the end of BW everyone will be hating it.

Don't forget it was used to battle Koromori.

Last edited:

Blaziryu

This episode was okay. I can't believe Pikachu lost to that water monkey PKMN like an amateur. And for all those who keep saying "IT'S ONLY BEEN 5 EPISODES, PEOPLE. DEAL IT!!", you're wrong. It's been over 600 episodes and we're still seeing Pikachu getting pwned by an amateur. That's what's ticking people off.

gliscor&yanmega

This episode was okay. I can't believe Pikachu lost to that water monkey PKMN like an amateur. And for all those who keep saying "IT'S ONLY BEEN 5 EPISODES, PEOPLE. DEAL IT!!", you're wrong. It's been over 600 episodes and we're still seeing Pikachu getting pwned by an amateur. That's what's ticking people off.

Maybe people should stop and think what actually happened. If you saw the episode you should know why Pikachu lost the way it did.

First off, Ash hasn't even been a trainer for a year(1st episode of BW, it said he was 10). Gym Leaders most likely have years of experience and Koon could pass for 15 or so. Assuming if he started his journey at 10 then that's 5 years of battle experience for him, 5 years is more then less then 1 year.

Second off, Gym leaders are strong and aren't push overs. You wont beat them easily for the most part. Koon and his Hiyappu aren't amateurs, neither is Ash or Pikachu, and they aren't being show as amateurs either.

Now for what actually happened in the battle, Ash didn't forget Pikachu could use Electric moves(Like some people joked about before even watching the episode) he even declared Pikachu to use both Thunderbolt and Volt Tackle, but Koon reacted quickly to both and had Hiyappu use Water Gun to cancel out Thunderbolt and Mud Sport to cancel out Volt Tackle. Not to mention Hiyappu seems pretty good using Double Team which messed Ash and Pikachu up. I don't think Pikachu was even able to get a hit, that just goes to show how strong Koon is.

Just because Pikachu defeated a Latios and a Regice doesn't mean it's invincible and can't fall in battle. Battles have a lot of different factors in them, skill, luck, and the mood of the battlers. Ash was just unlucky that Koon was skilled and had ways of dealing with Electric moves.

Also, just because a Pokemon has a type advantage doesn't mean it will do great, since it's already been shown that type advantage doesn't automatically equal a win.

So the battle was fine, Pikachu lost so what? It lost to someone who know what he was doing and was prepared for anything.

alicetama

Pokabu <3
@Pokemonlover: Y'know, as soon as you said that I thought of this: instead of Dento chasing after the ladies, how about the ladies chase after Dento and Dento gets freaked out? xD Then again, seeing as how he acted, it seems that he's actually quite flattered. xD

Anyways, loved this episode. It has been since... I don't know how long, that a gym battle intrigued me.

Also, <3 Miju as usual, this episode. xD It was so hilarious when Hiyappu bit it's head and it was keep running back and forth. xD

Eager for the next episode. Looks like there is going to be a lot of action against TR and possible Iris/Kibago chara development.

MasterVampire

Ah the hell with this.
Ash should go back to Professor Oak and get his very strongest pokemon and just sweep Ishu.

Oh and leave pikachu behind since he cant even beat a water noob

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
This episode is turning out to be more like Kanto than I thought. I don't know why, but when I saw Iris in the episode pic watching Ash's battle, it reminded me of Misty during Ash vs Brock battle all the way when Misty was somewhat desperately giving Ash advise but Ash didn't listen to her. Iris seems to do the same, saying Ash can't do anything without her.

Araleon

Chill
This episode was awesome, and I couldn't even understand it!

Ash's reaction to the Gym when it was still a restaurant was hilarious.

Kibago is so cool, it randomly pipes up with this high pitch "Kiba"s. I would've expected it to be a lower voice, but I like it.

Pokabu was awesome. It's battle was just great. Question: Was it using a move when it flung Baoppu aginst the wall by its tail, or no?

Hiyappu kicked ***.

Mijumaru is so refreshing and awesome. It's reactions to everything is amazing! I really like the character they're shaping him/her up to be. Its face when it heard Solarbeam was so funny.

Quality episode. Funny, good battles, just great.

TrainerOfLegend

Anyone know what Team Rocket and Giovanni talked about? Also, why'd they leave the laptop uploading something in the middle of a sewer?

I mean, from the looks of it, they started the timer on a bomb and dashed off. However, this surely cannot be the case since it isn't mentioned anywhere that a bomb goes off in next episode's summary. Perhaps it fails to deactivate?

gliscor&yanmega

Anyone know what Team Rocket and Giovanni talked about? Also, why'd they leave the laptop uploading something in the middle of a sewer?

I mean, from the looks of it, they started the timer on a bomb and dashed off. However, this surely cannot be the case since it isn't mentioned anywhere that a bomb goes off in next episode's summary. Perhaps it fails to deactivate?

I'll probably know tomorrow so I'll post about it when I find out. It did seem like a bomb thing but I doubt it's the case. It's probably a build up for next episode(Since it looks like they will be doing something big in that episode).

TrainerOfLegend

I'll probably know tomorrow so I'll post about it when I find out. It did seem like a bomb thing but I doubt it's the case. It's probably a build up for next episode(Since it looks like they will be doing something big in that episode).

Maybe whatever happens has some connection to Kibago being hurt and the Dream World.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
This episode reaffirmed my view that Pokabu is okay, but Mijimaru is glorious. I honestly don't care that Pikachu lost, since by now I've accepted that its power level fluctuates to suit how early/late in the saga it is and how much of a challenge Ash needs to face.

Pokabu's battle was good, but nothing special(though I had to laugh when Ash tried the "cancel out their attack with another attack" trick by having Pokabu sneeze out a tiny bit of ember against a full-fledged flamethrower, only to fail). I was only half-paying attention during Pika's battle, but it seemed decent. Mijimaru's battle was great, partially because of the uphill battle Ash faces to win, and partially because Mijimaru was hilarious. I suspect we'll get a rushed wrap-up to the battle next episode(or else have it cut off by a TR attack), but what we saw so far was great.

Krizor

Evil Genius
This was the first decent episode that I've seen of BW.

Pokabu's battle was pretty good, but Pikachu's was a huge disappointment. Mijumaru was really funny and I wish his battle would have concluded in this episode, I don't think a 2 parter was really necessary.

Dento seems like a ladies man and it will be interesting to see if the writers could do for him what they didn't do for Brock, which is make him more than a simple gag routine.

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!
Oh and leave pikachu behind since he cant even beat a water noob

Hiyappu caught Pikachu off guard and hammered on it. To make matters worse, Hiyappu used Mud Sport, too.

Koon's not a noob. He's a gym leader. All the gym leaders, regardless of region, are at similar skill levels. Koon would obviously be able to know how to defend Hiyappu if it was faced with an electric-type...he's not stupid.

gliscor&yanmega

Maybe whatever happens has some connection to Kibago being hurt and the Dream World.

Well, so does anyone know now what orders did Giovanni give TR in that sewer?

I'm watching the sub version right now so I'll edit my post when I get to the part(Maybe 10 mins or so.)

Alright, what happened was what I expected, a lead up for the next episode. Giovanni was giving Jessie, James, and Meowth their next mission to head to Dream Site(I think it's also the Abandoned lot of dreams) and get the energy that's there that can turn dreams into reality and make Team Rocket's goal for World Domination a reality.

And, the thing on the computer was a draft Giovanni sent Jessie, James, and Meowth about what Mecha they need to do their mission.

Hiyappu caught Pikachu off guard and hammered on it. To make matters worse, Hiyappu used Mud Sport, too.

Koon's not a noob. He's a gym leader. All the gym leaders, regardless of region, are at similar skill levels. Koon would obviously be able to know how to defend Hiyappu if it was faced with an electric-type...he's not stupid.

I wish more people could realize this. Sadly it seems too much work for people to think about what happened in the battle, even though it takes less then 5 minutes to figure out what the writers did.

After watching the sub version, it's even clearly stated by Koon that his countermeasures against Electric moves are perfect(And he should just that). Pikachu lost with a reasonable battle. It's Electric moves didn't hit at all, none of it's attacks did. Pikachu had the type advantage but as the show has shown, that doesn't mean you'll win. Know what's happening goes a long way really, so everyone who's making a big deal about Pikachu losing to a Water Pokemon should watch the sub version or at less think why it lost because it lost with a good reason.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, the way the Gym works is you pick one person to battle, although Ash wanted to battle all three, so the rules in his battle is that he has to win two out of three battles, I'm sure most people figured that out but just in case you didn't there it is.

Last edited: