• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Triple Leaders, Team Threats! (664)

Chuu

Oh damn its Kirb!

Not Chris Niosi! Though he does know my boyfriend.

wiiboychris said:
...Somehow, something seems awfully wrong in this post.

Haha. I was afraid someone was going to be like "omg this stupid fangirl is lying" if that's what you're implying.

I honestly would tell you guys straight up who Chili's VA is, but I talked with him earlier and he said he wanted people to try to guess. He's busy right now and hasn't responded back to my text asking if I could tell people now that everyone is so curious :T

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Not Chris Niosi! Though he does know my boyfriend.

Damn it! Khourey had an ep to himself and he had green hair. Wait Lucien?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I like the voices. Wait was it really Jason Griffith?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

Chuu

I heard of him from the VAA! I have succeed in something I feel happy!

Oh really? I'm an admin there XD

But yep. Lucien Dodge is Chili's voice actor. Sorry if my little guessing game was annoying, but everyone would have had to wait until he updated his site to find out if I didn't decided to drop by these forums, haha

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Oh really? I'm an admin there XD

But yep. Lucien Dodge is Chili's voice actor. Sorry if my little guessing game was annoying, but everyone would have had to wait until he updated his site to find out if I didn't decided to drop by these forums, haha

Wait you are? well now this day is just full of surprises.

BlueMage

Ah, Lucien. I remember him voicing Thomas in one of the later DP episodes, though that's the only other role I know of.

Well really, he did a fantastic job with Chili. Hopefully he gets more roles in BW.

Last edited:

Chuu

UM. But back on the subject of today's episode, this is actually the first episode of the new season that I've seen. I have the rest recorded on my DVR, I just haven't had the time to watch them. I tuned in today because I remembered Lucien was going to be in the episode. I was pleasantly surprised with the rest of the voice work. I didn't find Iris to be too annoying and i thought Jason Griffith as Cilan was a great fit. I guess the only one I wasn't too happy about was Cress. There was something off about him, but that could have been just the direction they went with dubbing the character, not the VA's fault.

BlueMage said:
Ah, Lucien. No idea he voiced Khoury, although I do remember him voicing Thomas in one of the later DP episodes.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but Lucien didn't voice Khoury. That was Chris Niosi. Other than Thomas, the other green haired charactcer Lucien voiced was Maron. He was the battle announcer for the Salon Maiden Anabelle match. Which was... two seasons ago maybe?

Last edited:

Sparkleo

Low on power...
They really went all out with this episode.
All of the voices were good, and I loved the gym battle!

Oshawott is so cute and funny.

Cilan's voice is good (surprisingly), but I'm kinda nervous about Jason Griffith having the role, if he starts sounding like the old voice of Ussop I'll be mad.

P0kelegend

Really enjoyed the episode :) The gym battle was awesome and the voice acting was really good. Can't wait for next weeks episode. Oshawott is so cute!

Cobalt_Latios

I have no idea why they chose Jason Griffith for Cilan but I hope I'' get used to it eventually.
To be honest, I would never have guessed Jason Griffith. But damn, it works!

Bulbapedia just updated with Cilan's English VA, and yeah, it's Jason Griffith. I'm surprised I didn't get it when I watched the episode, because I can definitely hear him now. This may be his best role yet, too. I've never been a particularly big fan of his but I think he really nailed it with Cilan! Kudos to him!
Considering the last time I heard him was that one guy halfway through Sinnoh who had the Croagunk and on his chest during "Cream of the Croagunk Crop" episode... yeah, it's been a while. But hey, not bad.

Humans
Major

* Cilan
* Brawly
* Tate
* Looker
* Sir Aaron
* Marcus

not huge characters eh?
Looker? Whoa! Okay, maybe I can get used to Jason Griffith for this.

Carter Cathcart is a psuedonym for Jimmi Zoppi, the voice actor of James and Meowth.
And before that, it was "Billy Beach". What's with him and these alliterations?

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but Lucien didn't voice Khoury. That was Chris Niosi. Other than Thomas, the other green haired charactcer Lucien voiced was Maron. He was the battle announcer for the Salon Maiden Anabelle match. Which was... two seasons ago maybe?
Anabel was during Battle Frontier; tail end of Hoenn. We're in Unova now, so it's more like 4 1/2 seasons ago. No worries though, keeping track of when and where an episode is situated within 13 seasons can be tricky.

Gotta say, great job! I'm starting to get used to cool Team Rocket sounding like comedy TR. At least now I know what they were up to.

Also...

[IMG139]http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx351/cobalt-gale/2010111922363231d.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx351/cobalt-gale/IrisAxew2.jpg[/IMG139]

I can't believe it took me this long to realize that that photoshopped image was from this episode. If only my skills with it were that good ;_;.

edit: No, Hilda will not be appearing in BW... as far as we know.

/CL

hever

022611229PM
Loved this episode. Oshawott is starting to grow on me and I like its personality. Hilarious.